Page 162 of 190 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2846
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This shipping discussion has made me act very bad, please love what you want, hate what you want.
    I'm honestly just trying to appreciate something and voice for it but I feel I have been rude with some. Not my intention
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-18-2019 at 09:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Scott and Jean kissed because they haven't seen each other for long and they formely were husband and wife and both are coming back from the dead (the dead, thats usually imposible). They also lived a little more as teens again and decided they liked each other at the end then got those memories as adults. I don't get what other reason or explanation that kiss needed.

though Emma and Logan didn't need that.

Despite many of my comments I'm not trying to bash Emma or scemma (i do stand jott), it is just that sometimes is difficult to talk about something with a biased point of view.
    Yes, it makes a lot of sense. They went through a lot together. Jean never even did anything with Logan. At least Hank and Bishop got lucky with her. Wolverine is never gonna get it. Pathetic. And please Emma was the cold White Queen. Scott was never her type. I would have liked her more with Banshee.

If possible could you explain why?

He is perfect, handsome, athletic, intelligent, rich, interesting, with his own corner of the Marvel universe.

1. The way the marriage was written kinda soured me on the relationship
    2. Their relationship is almost ignored by the rest of the MU. Where was BP when his ex-wife/GF went missing along with the woman he recently allied with? (Jean) You'd think T'Challa would be at least with Scott and Logan working with them and defending them s
    3. They'll probably never get married again

Look TBH I'm not 100% against them getting back together but I'm just not a huge and I prefer if Marvel would just let both characters move on and I'm sure I'm not the only Storm fan that feels this way. At the very least do something DIFFRENT with them.

Didn't mean to derail the thread sorry (I did mention Scott, Logan and Jean hahahaha)

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There was never a real reason for why Scott and Emma weren't together. Bendis is #600 had Scott use an hypocritical and even sexist reason (she slept with Namor when she had the Phoenix; well, Scott killed Xavier and attacked her, and Illyana put people in concentration camps in Limbo, IIRC).
    I bought it just fine.

1. They were already having trust issues in the lead up to AvX.
    2. Emma had already slept with Namor (albeit, under the influence) before AvX.

I can easily see Scott not wanting to continue.
    He was more than willing to work with her, and trusted her as his Second-in-Command.
    He just wasn’t willing to be with her.

Just because we don’t like it, doesn’t mean it was bad - or sexist.

——
    Bee-tee-dubs, when it comes to Namor, I’m totally on Emma’s side.

Emma Frost is not Susan Richards.
    I don’t care how reformed, she’s not a box of Betty Crocker vanilla cake mix from the 1950’s.
    ...She’s gonna bang that guy.

I would bang that guy.
    You would bang that guy.
    Aaaaall of us would bang that guy.

It’s Namor, ffs - Only complete squares wouldn’t.
    Which Scott totally is.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 07-19-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You mean, you don't see why would Emma, or anyone, fall in love with a guy who is very handsome, brave, heroic, and also, like her, is a teach deeply concerned about the future of mankind? Really? She was pretty clearly just attracted to him physically, then it grew into something else.
    Being attracted physically? Sure. Anything deeper than that I can't buy, at least with Emma. A more naive, optimistic or trusting woman would fall in love, maybe.

In the same vein, I can see Storm being physcially attracted to Logan and enjoying his company, but I can't see her wanting a long-term monogamous relationship with him.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 07-19-2019 at 04:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I bought it just fine.

He was more than willing to work with her, and trusted her as his Second-in-Command.

——

I don’t care how reformed, she’s not a box of Betty Crocker vanilla cake mix from the 1950’s.

I would bang that guy.
    You would bang that guy.

Which Scott totally is.
    Emma made out, but didn't actually had sex with Namor. And yes, it would be absolutely hypocritical for Scott to hold that against her, considering how much worse stuff others, including him, did under influence. And even under Gillen there wasn't really any organic or serious problems, the stuff with Namor was only an excuse for Emma to go evil again, which was the plan at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Being attracted physically? Sure. Anything deeper than that I can't buy, at least with Emma. A more naive, optimistic or trusting woman would fall in love, maybe..
    No, it is perfectly understandable, certainly more than Emma being "in love" with Banshee, which, BTW, she never was. Scott is similar enough in some aspects, but at the same time he's one of the most selfless and heroic people in the MU, while Emma, in the HFC particularly, was the opposite of that, and is someone that hides his feelings deep down (which is part of the reason all the telepaths are attracted to him). Plus, like I said, Scott's both big alpha male (as Cyclops, leader of the X-men) and shy, nerdy guy (as just Scott), that is very easy to buy any attraction women would have (certainly more than Logan). Also, she was already physically attracted to him and he was baring his soul to her, lots of people fall in love with much less.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 07-19-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Emma was right

Being attracted physically? Sure. Anything deeper than that I can't buy, at least with Emma. A more naive, optimistic or trusting woman would fall in love, maybe.
    Why can't Emma fall in love? She's not some kind of sociopath, after all.
    I think she saw a kindred spirit in Scott. Despite the fact that he is a center of the X-men, he is very lonely. Like her, he is often misunderstood and rejected by others. Just like hers, he has internal demons. They are both damaged lonely souls, I can’t think of any reasons why they shouldn’t fall in love with each other. It was natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Why can't Emma fall in love? She's not some kind of sociopath, after all.
    I think she saw a kindred spirit in Scott. Despite the fact that he is a center of the X-men, he is very lonely. Like her, he is often misunderstood and rejected by others. Just like hers, he has internal demons. They are both damaged lonely souls, I can’t think of any reasons why they shouldn’t fall in love with each other. It was natural.
    Yes, they are both similar in many ways, while at the same time different enough that Emma would see something to admire in him and want herself to be more similar to.

Ultimate Member

Still a fan of Storm/Forge...and never say never about Jean and Logan, after all she's not married to Scott anymore and a kiss isn't the end of the world/story...and the thing with Bishop was in an AU where their heads were messed with and Scott and Logan had been dead for years...besides in other AU's and such Logan has been with Jean...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Diamond patch seemed to have a relationship with his version of Jean/Magneto
    can't find the panel though, but here is more Diamond Patch
    DnZxvW2UcAAJ_0r.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Awww, that's so cute!

I kid, I love them all.
    Even I found it cute and I'm no fan of the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yes, it makes a lot of sense. They went through a lot together. Jean never even did anything with Logan. At least Hank and Bishop got lucky with her. Wolverine is never gonna get it. Pathetic. And please Emma was the cold White Queen. Scott was never her type. I would have liked her more with Banshee.
    Whats the difference between Banshee and Scott? Scott changed alot over the past decade but before that, he and Banshee were very similar in many regards. Heck, Banshee even got darker and became more militiristic (X-Corps) after Moira's death, just as Scott did after Jean

This shipping discussion has made me act very bad, please love what you want, hate what you want.
    I'm honestly just trying to appreciate something and voice for it but I feel I have been rude with some. Not my intention
    Is only when we take it too far, all I want is for Scott to admit he once was inlove with Emma. As for Emma I would like to see her with Sean or someone new.

Jott is the oldest of love like lois and Clark, so there is no helping them being together. People want to see them together even new things don't last because the old will always cast a bigger shadow on any relationship no matter what people say.

In the same vein, I can see Storm being physcially attracted to Logan and enjoying his company, but I can't see her wanting a long-term monogamous relationship with him.
    Don't read much about it. Scott was Morrison self-insert character and Morrison had the hots for emma because sh elooks like his actual girlfriend.

Emma doesn't give a damn about heroics, i'm not even sure if she gives a damn about attractiveness. she knows better how to use sex

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I bought it just fine.

——

I would bang that guy.
    You would bang that guy.

Which Scott totally is.
    Jean didn't slept with Namor, she really is very square

Cyclops was feeling all guilty about how he treated Jean too. He simply didn't had any will to continue with Emma
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-19-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Whats the difference between Banshee and Scott? Scott changed alot over the past decade but before that, he and Banshee were very similar in many regards. Heck, Banshee even got darker and became more militiristic (X-Corps) after Moira's death, just as Scott did after Jean
    And here I go about people letting nostalgia influence their views anyway- what he said about Sean being decent and caring about his students is also true for Scott, and of course Scott has even more in common with her, like Gamall pointed out.