Page 181 of 190 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2846
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Fixed to illustrate that nothing in your post:
    • Is inherent to Polyamory
    • Outlines any discernible logic as to why Polyamorous relationships would lack substance or staying power any more than straight relationships in comics

As for the appeal, I can't answer for everybody.
    I didn't think I would personally enjoy it, but I'm fully on-board now.
    And I can't really qualify why.

Maybe it's the novelty.
    Maybe it's a fresh and exciting out to the tired old triangle.
    Or Maybe I've grown kinkier in my old age.

At any rate, I don't think Hickman is going to expressly illustrate or elaborate on the situation, unfortunately.

Or fortunately, depending on how you...erm, swing.
    Well if it works for you on Marvel monogamous straight relationships don't have substance or staying power either. I just feel doubling on the drama (which at the end is the only thing people remember) is any good. Too complicated for little pay off in my opinion.

If the only thing Hickman says about the Scott/Jean/Logan relationship is the connecting bedrooms, I'll applaud. SO much drama with an infographic. Well played, Hickman. I guess a group of mutants really IS called an orgy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Doesn't Wolverine technically counts. I also feel some people are blaming jott and let me tell you that relationship almost didn't exist for the last 15 years. So it is not like that ship got it better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well if it works for you on Marvel monogamous straight relationships don't have substance or staying power either. I just feel doubling on the drama (which at the end is the only thing people remember) is any good. Too complicated for little pay off in my opinion.
    yeah nobody care about MG/spider man, luke cage/jessica jones, steve/sharon.

but some random threeway will have staying power

makes sense
    (it doesn)

no one explain how this would ever work, it would get tiring with 1 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The purpose might be to remove possible contention between several important pieces on Charlie's chessboard.
    This is too much into sexual assault

Doesn't Wolverine technically counts. I also feel some people are blaming jott and let me tell you that relationship almost didn't exist for the last 15 years. So it is not like that ship got it better than others.
    Jott die a long time ago when Jean die... Just saying.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Part of the appeal, to some, is Jott shippers squirming from a poly relationship. It's a little upsetting.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yeah nobody care about MG/spider man, luke cage/jessica jones, steve/sharon.
    And those are the exceptions and even then Marvel has messed up with them a little. Less than others but I mean even Cap and Spidey have had their share of lovers.
    It always surprises me seeing Spidey and MJ so high. Like Spidey has had many other love interest, many insignificant but at least Black Cat and Gwen are always there too.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I feel really weird and judgemental about what Scott, Logan, and Jean are doing while living under the same roof as the entire extended Summers family. It'd be one thing if they were on their own, but while living with the entire clan?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    But it isn't a retangle if we use Sinister secret, it goes far beyong Emma. If it is Emma as she shouldn't part of it since she destroyed the marriage on the past

Proteus is born out of sexual assault, this just doesn't work with what Hickman wrote
    Frenzy!!!!!

And those are the exceptions and even then Marvel has messed up with them a little. Less than others but I mean even Cap and Spidey have had their share of lovers.
    It always surprises me seeing Spidey and MJ so high. Like Spidey has had many other love interest, many insignificant but at least Black Cat and Gwen are always there too.
    Gwen was before MJ, betty brant too. I'm not sure baout felicia as a reset happened on one more day.
    Cap America dated other owmen, but it is clear Sharon is the one.

But these 3 couples have staying power

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Calling it now: Emma joins the love-in (if only part-time) starting with issue #3.

That said, I'd find it wonderfully ironic if Emma refuses to on the grounds that she refuses to share Scott with Jean (or anyone) and is only interested in a monogamous relationship with him.
    I think Emma will be upset that she can't have the beautiful redhead she adores so much all to herself. Emma knows that Jean is her soulmate!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Frenzy!!!!!
    You are wise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Part of the appeal, to some, is Jott shippers squirming from a poly relationship. It's a little upsetting.
    I saw it on twitter too, really bad stuff. I don't like Jott but their fans suffering is not what I'm into.

I just hope nothing gonna happen, as "I lose my ship so I'm happy to screw other ship is not good" shouldn't realize their dreams

I know that JOTT is the writers punch bag since Morrison, I don't think it is fair. And the worse part is that it puts Jean on another awful situation ofr the sake of some awful pitch sales. Never anything about her character and story.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-16-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    You are wise.
    ooh, I like that too.

Emma can be with Kitty, that works for me as well, I am more than willing to ship them, "Kemma"!

Then we can do Frenzy/Scott/Jean/Logan, a new ship!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

They married in 1987 and stay together until one more day.

Before being married they have been staying together for a long time.

Gwen is more associated with his tragic early death and Black Cat is victim of the prejuice "i love spiderman instead of Peter Parker"