Page 124 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2846

She's come back from the dead and the narrative has been about how she loves Scott, how she misses Scott, how she wishes he was here with her. None of that has been expressed for her in regards to Logan. She's seen him, she knows he's alive and it didnt register any romantic feelings. She's gone on with her life and nothing about her now suggests theres anything more than a platonic connection. There's been a VAST difference in how Marvel has approached those two in 2018 to the point where yeah we can tell where Jean's heart lies. You'd have to be blind and ignoring things to not

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    That's why I love them, honestly. The X-Men books are the most character driven books of the original Marvel comics.

Regarding the rectangle, it's pretty dumb. I never liked that Jean seemed to lead Logan on. I always saw it as an immature move on her part, as Scott would've done anything for her and was all around a better guy. It seems like they only had her go for Logan as a way of making Logan look cooler (Because Wolverine always has to be the coolest one). It also go's against her whole "nice girl" routine. It's part of the reason why I prefer Emma. She can be a b****, but at least she owns up to it.
    damn Jean lead Wolverine by marrying Cyclops and telling Logan how much she loves Cyclops. Crazy huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's come back from the dead and the narrative has been about how she loves Scott, how she misses Scott, how she wishes he was here with her. None of that has been expressed for her in regards to Logan. She's seen him, she knows he's alive and it didnt register any romantic feelings. She's gone on with her life and nothing about her now suggests theres anything more than a platonic connection. There's been a VAST difference in how Marvel has approached those two in 2018 to the point where yeah we can tell where Jean's heart lies. You'd have to be blind and ignoring things to not
    Yeah. It's pretty clear Jean doesn't has romantic feelings for Logan

Ultimate Member

The narrative changes depending on the editors and writers, if you take over the years yes Jean does have romantic feelings for Logan...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The narrative changes depending on the editors and writers, if you take over the years yes Jean does have romantic feelings for Logan...
    We're talking about present day which is what you talked about in the previous post. Besides where is this evidence of Jean having romantic feelings for Logan over the years. Please dont post that one scan from Fatal Attractions which werent even her words or thoughts. Where does she express being in love with him or confess that to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though nothing on panel has confirmed that Jean does not feel that way about Logan last I checked...
    What kind of horrible logic is that? That's like saying 'I believe aliens exist because they haven't been concretely able to prove that they don't exist'.

I'm not sure you are aware, but you and a few others are making Jean sound like a douche that plays with both Cyke and Logan's feelings. Like, it's not freaking romantic or lovely or anything like that.

Regarding the rectangle, it's pretty dumb. I never liked that Jean seemed to lead Logan on. I always saw it as an immature move on her part, as Scott would've done anything for her and was all around a better guy. It seems like they only had her go for Logan as a way of making Logan look cooler (Because Wolverine always has to be the coolest one). It also go's against her whole "nice girl" routine.
    I'm not sure if Jean was leading Logan on, but I think that she being a physiquic was pretty much aware of his feelings and never put a clear stop (as the ultimate Jean actually did), and yes she was pretty insensitive about how her actions hurts Logan who was waiting a chance (like a vulture if I can be honest) and Scott who was a good boy without a lot of experience in love or in human interactions at all and didn't knew how to react.

It's part of the reason why I prefer Emma. She can be a b****, but at least she owns up to it.
    Well I agree on that, she never pretended being a good girl, she did terrible things and owned it the same with the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I'm not sure if Jean was leading Logan on, but I think that she being a physiquic was pretty much aware of his feelings and never put a clear stop (as the ultimate Jean actually did), and yes she was pretty insensitive about how her actions hurts Logan who was waiting a chance (like a vulture if I can be honest) and Scott who was a good boy without a lot of experience in love or in human interactions at all and didn't knew how to react.
    Wolverine waiting on Jean? He got married too, had dozens of flings/relationships. Never got the vibe that he thought he had a chance.

Well I agree on that, she never pretended being a good girl, she did terrible things and owned it the same with the consequences.
    Emma? consequences? LOL

consequences like being +20 years dead? r

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wolverine waiting on Jean? He got married too, had dozens of flings/relationships. Never got the vibe that he thought he had a chance.

Emma? consequences? LOL

consequences like being +20 years dead? r
    Well Emma has technically been banished from the X-Men for two years, and they act like she is a worse villain than Magneto, so yeah I guess consequences, she lives with those consequences. In spite of them treating her like the worst villain in all of creation Emma still tries to help the X-Men, she helped teen Jean, she helped ghost Jean, she helped fight against Sinister in Iceman, she helped during the last Infinity War, and she helped Jessica Jones. Her reasons for taking over the Hellfire Club were actually altruistic in that she wanted to refocus the Hellfire Club on helping mutants and not what Shaw as doing assisting the government agencies trying to destroy mutants (aka the Sentinel Program, Project Wideawake, and the O.N.E.).

Emma went too far in the war with the Inhumans, but with seeing Cyclops die and a lot of the newly born mutants die, I can understand whey she was overwhelmed with the need to get revenge on the Inhumans. They killed a lot of mutants with the terrigen mists and the Inhumans may have unintentionally committed genocide on mutant kind, but it was still genocide.

New Tian, yeah Emma ran that place with an iron fist, but she also knew if any mutants left New Tian into hydra territory hyrdra cap was going to execute the mutants on site. Emma even worked with the resistance against Hydra to bring them down.

Mothervine, she was desperate to change the fate for mutant kind so she believed Alex's line of bullshit and joined with him. In the end she realized that she was being lied to about Mothervine (it was meant to enslave mutants and humans not help anyone) and she turned against the Alex, Ms Sinister, and Bastion and helped defeat them. She even helped Lorna switch Alex back to normal.

Emma may come across as a cold bitch sometimes, but she really cares about the X-Men and mutants in general.

Of course, I don't think Jean is an arch villain either, I now people who post here keep going on and on about Emma vs Jean, but I personally think if you put Emma and Jean together in a situation where they had to work together to solve a problem for mutant kind they would do so. They have already proven they can work together when ghost Jean and Emma teamed up to try and save Jeen. In spite of all the baggage they are both mature enough to set aside their differences to work together. I feel that there is room for Jean and Emma on the side of the heroes, and I think they can work together effectively.

I think the Marvel Writers have a telepath/telekinesis problem more than anything. They start writing Jean as very powerful, then they find her too OP to write compelling stories about so they write her out. They do that with Rachel too. But they also write all the telepaths as interchangeable characters, Jean is out, Emma is in. Jean and Emma are out, Rachel is in. and on and on it goes. For once I would love it if they could keep Jean, Emma, Rachel, and Psylock all active on the books at the same time and even interacting with each other. That would of course mean having writers who are capable of writing female characters who can talk to each other without it having to be about dating issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Emma went too far in the war with the Inhumans, but with seeing Cyclops die and a lot of the newly born mutants die, I can understand whey she was overwhelmed with the need to get revenge on the Inhumans. They killed a lot of mutants with the terrigen mists and the Inhumans may have unintentionally committed genocide on mutant kind, but it was still genocide.
    I haven't been keeping up with recent comics too much, but from what I gather, Marvel has really been trying to demonize the X-Men in their events. I mean was AvX not bad enough? I'm actually kind of glad that Inhumans ended up failing. Serves them right for trying to have them replace the X-Men.

Well Emma has technically been banished from the X-Men for two years, and they act like she is a worse villain than Magneto, so yeah I guess consequences, she lives with those consequences. In spite of them treating her like the worst villain in all of creation Emma still tries to help the X-Men, she helped teen Jean, she helped ghost Jean, she helped fight against Sinister in Iceman, she helped during the last Infinity War, and she helped Jessica Jones. Her reasons for taking over the Hellfire Club were actually altruistic in that she wanted to refocus the Hellfire Club on helping mutants and not what Shaw as doing assisting the government agencies trying to destroy mutants (aka the Sentinel Program, Project Wideawake, and the O.N.E.).
    Who has banished Emma and who is treating her like a worse villian than Magneto? In those two years, that has only applied to Magneto and Kitty, both of whom have their reasons. Magneto bitter over Emma using him in IVX and her role in MV and Kitty has a long history of hating Emma. Most of the other X-men have been neutral on Emma. Oh I forgot about the Cuckoos, but thats really about it

New Tian, yeah Emma ran that place with an iron fist, but she also knew if any mutants left New Tian into hydra territory hyrdra cap was going to execute the mutants on site. Emma even worked with the resistance against Hydra to bring them down.

Mothervine, she was desperate to change the fate for mutant kind so she believed Alex's line of bullshit and joined with him. In the end she realized that she was being lied to about Mothervine (it was meant to enslave mutants and humans not help anyone) and she turned against the Alex, Ms Sinister, and Bastion and helped defeat them. She even helped Lorna switch Alex back to normal.

Emma may come across as a cold bitch sometimes, but she really cares about the X-Men and mutants in general.

Of course, I don't think Jean is an arch villain either, I now people who post here keep going on and on about Emma vs Jean, but I personally think if you put Emma and Jean together in a situation where they had to work together to solve a problem for mutant kind they would do so. They have already proven they can work together when ghost Jean and Emma teamed up to try and save Jeen. In spite of all the baggage they are both mature enough to set aside their differences to work together. I feel that there is room for Jean and Emma on the side of the heroes, and I think they can work together effectively.

I think the Marvel Writers have a telepath/telekinesis problem more than anything. They start writing Jean as very powerful, then they find her too OP to write compelling stories about so they write her out. They do that with Rachel too. But they also write all the telepaths as interchangeable characters, Jean is out, Emma is in. Jean and Emma are out, Rachel is in. and on and on it goes. For once I would love it if they could keep Jean, Emma, Rachel, and Psylock all active on the books at the same time and even interacting with each other. That would of course mean having writers who are capable of writing female characters who can talk to each other without it having to be about dating issues.
    Emma only faced consequences after she took a decade being front and center of x-men.

She screwed up Jean marriage for the LOLs and suffered zero consequnces. Much the contrary, she got to be the co-leader of x-men and gets lots of panel time. She never really felt bad and instead feels entitled to her shitty love story.
    Then some fans think Emma suffered consequences? what consequences? Jean was dead, i tis the biggest consequence a character can have.

Emma and Jean will probably have to work together one day, i'm preparing my spirit for that. But they shouldn't be team mates.

owning up her mistakes putting blame on drugs LOL
    this is so insufferable
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-22-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Personally I don't think going after someone's husband is the worse crime on Earth. I agree that it is questionable that she did that, but that doesn't make her a villain, it just makes her selfish and inconsiderate, which no bit surprise Emma can definitely be selfish and inconsiderate on a regular basis.

I blame Scott as much as blame Emma. Jean and Scott had serious marital issues and Emma stepped into the middle of that. I don't like that they killed Jean off and in such a stupid way with Xorn. If they are going to create relationship drama they should have the courage as writers to see it through, Jean and Scott break up, Scott tries to go solo for a bit then gives Emma a chance, Jean moves on with someone else, Emma and Scott break up, Scott chases after Jean, Jean breaks up with whomever, then gets back together with Scott, Scott has an affair with Logan, Jean breaks up with Scott and gets together with Emma for revenge. See it writes itself.

Personally I don't think going after someone's husband is the worse crime on Earth. I agree that it is questionable that she did that, but that doesn't make her a villain, it just makes her selfish and inconsiderate, which no bit surprise Emma can definitely be selfish and inconsiderate on a regular basis.

I blame Scott as much as blame Emma. Jean and Scott had serious marital issues and Emma stepped into the middle of that. I don't like that they killed Jean off and in such a stupid way with Xorn. If they are going to create relationship drama they should have the courage as writers to see it through, Jean and Scott break up, Scott tries to go solo for a bit then gives Emma a chance, Jean moves on with someone else, Emma and Scott break up, Scott chases after Jean, Jean breaks up with whomever, then gets back together with Scott, Scott has an affair with Logan, Jean breaks up with Scott and gets together with Emma for revenge. See it writes itself.
    I would read that.

On soap operas very often the people who seduce married man/women are the villains. people who are often selfish and inconsiderate are very often villains on stories. If only Emma showed some growth on this.

writers and editors were cowards when they killed Jean and kept her death for so long. It was a childish story telling just to avoid divorce. If they thought Jean alive would screw over their favorite couple, they should never started it. seeing how it ended, they should had never started it

Scott has an affair with Logan, Jean breaks up with Scott and gets together with Emma for revenge. See it writes itself.
    will never happen

Well, I've said before that Jean should've been left alive as an added challenge to any other relationship Scott would've attempted after a mutual break-up - but there are plenty who think that if Jean had lived, Scott would've gone back to her immediately. Marvel's recent retcon's and disparaging of Emma does actually support their assertion, as Scemma was seemingly doomed by Jean's shadow alone.

Then again, Jean is dead as far as Scott is concerned, along with pretty much most of the X-Men, and he seems to be doing fine. I probably just jinxed it.