Page 133 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Sure, but she's still a mover, there's a narrative anticipation to her next appearance.
    She still has many fans, but it isn't like she was on her peak

Yep, just giving my opinion!

Jean and Emma's actions aren't the same, and neither is the context. Anyone simply trash-talking Jean can be safely ignored.

What's the context for Jean's actions? Again, I don't think her actions are unforgivable or irredeemable, but I don't think they were treated as seriously as they should've been. That's my personal view, yeah it's pretty conservative. That's just how I feel about it.

However, at this point, it's history, so unless Marvel wants to drudge it up, time to move on.
    If Morrison that hated jean didn't thought it was serious, it probably isn't.

the context is that Jean was feeling really bad, Scott was rejecting her and she didn't knew what to do. I think the context make it pretty easy to forgive her

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, it Marvel pairs Scott with someone it would probably be Emma or Jean. Storm romances hadn't been that successful sadly.
    Poor Scott, eh?

Storm and Black Panther aren't together anymore? Wasn't she making regular appearances in his solo book?

Poor Scott, eh?

Storm and Black Panther aren't together anymore? Wasn't she making regular appearances in his solo book?
    Eh, he has his happy years and those 2 aren't bad choices, that's more that i can say for Matt Murdock, poor bastard.

I just think that her romances had potential, but they never reached a satisfactory point for me
    They are still together, but i don't think that Coates has been doing a great job with it, she hasn't been present in the current relaunch beyond dream sequences of an ammnesiac T'Challa, although the last solicit indicated that she would appear and have an important role, so maybe he can still steer the ship right lol (BP fans are hating Coates work thought).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She still has many fans, but it isn't like she was on her peak
    Sure, I'll give you that.

If Morrison that hated jean didn't thought it was serious, it probably isn't.

the context is that Jean was feeling really bad, Scott was rejecting her and she didn't knew what to do. I think the context make it pretty easy to forgive her
    We're talking specifically about Morrison's run? Okay, that's fine. If you're gonna claim Morrison's opinion on the matter to counter mine, I doubt that he takes the psychic affair as "seriously" as some readers do. Morrison is pretty liberal in a sense. I think the affair was bad, I think it was worse than what Jean did, but I don't think her actions should get a handwave. Scott was wrong to do what he did - so was Jean.

Using Logan in that instance, having Jean kiss him, that was a decision made to bring that insipid love triangle to the forefront. Marvel keeps that cheap drama just barely alive, and it's horrible for all characters involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, he has his happy years and those 2 aren't bad choices, that's more that i can say for Matt Murdock, poor bastard.

I just think that her romances had potential, but they never reached a satisfactory point for me
    They are still together, but i don't think that Coates has been doing a great job with it, she hasn't been present in the current relaunch beyond dream sequences of an ammnesiac T'Challa, although the last solicit indicated that she would appear and have an important role, so maybe he can still steer the ship right lol (BP fans are hating Coates work thought).
    Yeah, I think there must be a few people who envy Scott sometimes.

I'm generally ambivalent to BP, and nothing about Coates' run has attracted me. Maybe he can find a way to do Storm justice though.

Wolvie should be with Storm.
    Emma felt guilty for cheating. Maybe Scott feels guilty for attacking her, they still love each other.
    I want Scott with Emma AND LET'S THROW Magik INTO THE MIX BECAUSE WHY NOT
    but Scott with Jean is disgusting ugh...
    I don’t really care about Jean and Bishop so they can just **** off. together.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Sure, I'll give you that.

We're talking specifically about Morrison's run? Okay, that's fine. If you're gonna claim Morrison's opinion on the matter to counter mine, I doubt that he takes the psychic affair as "seriously" as some readers do. Morrison is pretty liberal in a sense. I think the affair was bad, I think it was worse than what Jean did, but I don't think her actions should get a handwave. Scott was wrong to do what he did - so was Jean.

Using Logan in that instance, having Jean kiss him, that was a decision made to bring that insipid love triangle to the forefront. Marvel keeps that cheap drama just barely alive, and it's horrible for all characters involved.
    Well you have a point, morrison didn't thought it was cheating because Jean wasn't being his wife anymore, she was a goddess and didn't cared about him. Reading the run I didn't thought this at all. She tried and she failed, it happens on relationships.

Love triangle wasn't brought at all, Morrison said that he wanted to close the triangle and I think he did it

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    I want Scott with Emma AND LET'S THROW Magik INTO THE MIX BECAUSE WHY NOT
    but Scott with Jean is disgusting ugh...
    Emma and Scott will always be the “disgusting” couple, are you really that delusional?

Well you have a point, morrison didn't thought it was cheating because Jean wasn't being his wife anymore, she was a goddess and didn't cared about him. Reading the run I didn't thought this at all. She tried and she failed, it happens on relationships.

Love triangle wasn't brought at all, Morrison said that he wanted to close the triangle and I think he did it
    What Morrison intended and what was on the page weren’t the same thing, that’s true.

Morrison was evoking the triangle, and even if he closed the door on it Marvel is all too willing to open it up again.

This thread is quite funny. I haven’t caught up with the recent events so I have no idea what broke Scemma up but I wanted to chime in on the original affair.
    > Scott cheated on Jean. PERIODT
    > Jean lusted over Logan for a while even pursuing him. So she’s a semi-cheater

So these two are oathbreakers and to be honest I don’t think they should get back together because their relationship was never healthy to begin with, she was controlling and he was too insecure. T O X I C.

Emma though. She loved him more or so it seemed. What aren’t they together?

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    This thread is quite funny. I haven’t caught up with the recent events so I have no idea what broke Scemma up but I wanted to chime in on the original affair.
    > Scott cheated on Jean. PERIODT
    > Jean lusted over Logan for a while even pursuing him. So she’s a semi-cheater

So these two are oathbreakers and to be honest I don’t think they should get back together because their relationship was never healthy to begin with, she was controlling and he was too insecure. T O X I C.

Emma though. She loved him more or so it seemed. What aren’t they together?
    Scott and Emma haven't been together since the end of AvX when Emma cheated on Scott with Namor and Scott choked Emma out to steal her portion of the Phoenix Force. (I just looked it up and it's strange to think that was six and a half years ago.) They had a lot of issues going into the break-up. Emma felt neglected by Scott. She was devoted to him, but his devotion was to the mutant cause. No doubt her flirtation with Namor was to get the affection she wasn't getting from Scott (which parallels how Jean sought out Logan when Scott became celibate in their relationship. Scott really does have a history of becoming distant with the women he's in a relationship with). Not to mention, the ghost of his relationship with Jean was always at the back of his mind. She'd act like she was fine with it, but we all know Emma is a complex and insecure person. To top it all off, Emma eventually tried to get back together with Scott, but he shot her down.

I kind of feel bad for Scemma shippers because now they are in the same place Jott shippers were a decade ago. Scott hasn't had a romantic thought of Emma in years, and with the past few years of the X-office pushing Jean as Scott's main romantic interest again, it'll be a long time before Scemma returns, if ever. Scott wanted to reunite with Jean after his resurrection, not Emma. The only way I can see Scemma having a shot is if Jean closes the door on her relationship with Scott once they get a chance to talk, (but I imagine Emma doesn't feel good about being second choice.)
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 03-26-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Scott and Emma haven't been together since the end of AvX when Emma cheated on Scott with Namor and Scott choked Emma out to steal her portion of the Phoenix Force. (I just looked it up and it's strange to think that was six and a half years ago.) They had a lot of issues going into the break-up. Emma felt neglected by Scott. She was devoted to him, but his devotion was to the mutant cause. No doubt her flirtation with Namor was to get the affection she wasn't getting from Scott (which parallels how Jean sought out Logan when Scott became celibate in their relationship. Scott really does have a history of becoming distant with the women he's in a relationship with). Not to mention, the ghost of his relationship with Jean was always at the back of his mind. She'd act like she was fine with it, but we all know Emma is a complex and insecure person. To top it all off, Emma eventually tried to get back together with Scott, but he shot her down.

I kind of feel bad for Scemma shippers because now they are in the same place Jott shippers were a decade ago. Scott hasn't had a romantic thought of Emma in years, and with the past few years of the X-office pushing Jean as Scott's main romantic interest again, it'll be a long time before Scemma returns, if ever. Scott wanted to reunite with Jean after his resurrection, not Emma. The only way I can see Scemma having a shot is if Jean closes the door on her relationship with Scott once they get a chance to talk, (but I imagine Emma doesn't feel good about being second choice.)
    Karma is a bitch, Scott. Lel

I remember when I was still reading Scott seemed to be really over Jean and he seemed secured with Emma but then “his relationship with Jean” became an obstacle for their relationship? Is it a retcon?

Scott rejection was due to her infidelity or because they weren’t working out anymore?
    It’s totally hypocritical of Scott if it’s because of Emma’s infidelity, If he wants Jean to accept him back. That’s not a good look for him at all. Cyclops is a mess of a character.

I honestly used to ship him with Emma because she wasn’t as toxic as Jean. Cyclops finally became his own man after dating Emma, and like you said she was very devoted.
    I wonder who is his next love interest?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Karma is a bitch, Scott. Lel

I remember when I was still reading Scott seemed to be really over Jean and he seemed secured with Emma but then “his relationship with Jean” became an obstacle for their relationship? Is it a retcon?

Scott rejection was due to her infidelity or because they weren’t working out anymore?
    It’s totally hypocritical of Scott if it’s because of Emma’s infidelity, If he wants Jean to accept him back. That’s not a good look for him at all. Cyclops is a mess of a character.

I honestly used to ship him with Emma because she wasn’t as toxic as Jean. Cyclops finally became his own man after dating Emma, and like you said she was very devoted.
    I wonder who is his next love interest?
    The triangle will probably continue. Or at least come up given the Hickman art where Emma is standing right between Scott & Jean.

C.B., I think, said everything in that pic was exactly where / how it was for specific reasons. And in the X-Monday post yesterday, there's a scan showing Cyclops wanting to go see Jean.

And he'll be meeting up with Emma in a few Uncanny issues too.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-26-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's odd that he calls him Cable, it'd be like if Scott was talking to Alex and calling him Havok...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The triangle will probably continue. Or at least come up given the Hickman art where Emma is standing right between Scott & Jean.

C.B., I think, said everything in that pic was exactly where / how it was for specific reasons. And in the X-Monday post yesterday, there's a scan showing Cyclops wanting to go see Jean.

And he'll be meeting up with Emma in a few Uncanny issues too.
    In Hickman we trust!

So, no new love interest? Just continuing the already existing love triangle?
    May I ask where is Jean? And did they meet yet?