Page 182 of 190 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    If the only thing Hickman says about the Scott/Jean/Logan relationship is the connecting bedrooms, I'll applaud. SO much drama with an infographic. Well played, Hickman. I guess a group of mutants really IS called an orgy.
    Lol touche. It'd be legit hilarious if he made that just for the sake of trolling

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well if it works for you on Marvel monogamous straight relationships don't have substance or staying power either. I just feel doubling on the drama (which at the end is the only thing people remember) is any good. Too complicated for little pay off in my opinion.
    That's fair.

I would probably would feel similarly if I thought Hickman was really going to "plumb the depths" (Phrasing!) of these relationships for the sake of drama.
    But, so far, he seems to be keeping things blatant and subtextual - in true Claremont tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Part of the appeal, to some, is Jott shippers squirming from a poly relationship. It's a little upsetting.
    I can see that, but I actually think it goes both ways.

I think the constant denials, which Hickman makes possible by not being explicit (Double-entendre!), are upsetting people who a reading the "subtext" correctly, I would argue.
    To them, it seems akin to willfully and stubbornly burying your head in the sand.

To a larger point, while titillation and subtext have their place in the X-books historically, I'm fairly certain they were born due to a societal (or perhaps, even corporate) sensibilities that would not otherwise allow things to be overt. I don't believe those circumstances are true anymore, though I could be wrong.

There are benefits to being overt.
    Clarity, for one. And, if people really are for polyamorous relationships in their comic books, then they deserve more than subtext in 2019.
    But again, I'm not expecting Hickman to elaborate.

I think what needs to happen is for everyone to loosen their grip a little (Phrasing!) and just enjoy the nebulous ride.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 10-16-2019 at 08:17 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    That's fair.

I would probably would feel similarly if I though Hickman was really going to "plumb the depths" (Phrasing!) of these relationships for the sake of drama.
    But, so far, he seems to be keeping things blatant and subtextual - in true Claremont tradition.

I think the constant denials, which Hickman makes possible by not being explicit (I swear I'm not doing this on purpose), are upsetting people who a reading the "subtext" correctly, I would argue.
    To them, it seems akin to willfully and stubbornly burying your head in the sand.

To a larger point, while titillation and subtext have their place in the X-books historically, I'm fairly certain they were born due to a societal (or perhaps even corporate) sensibilities that would not otherwise allow things to be overt. I don't believe those circumstances are true anymore, though I could be wrong.

Clarity, for one. And, if people really are for polyamorous relationships in their comic books, then they deserve more than subtext in 2019.

I think what needs to happen is for everyone to loosen their grip a little (I swear!) and just enjoy the nebulous ride.
    people doesn't want poliamor into comics, it is very clear.

Now Hickman should be more worried on writing than hinting on something that won't happen.

he has been dragging this for 5 issues.

That's fair.

I would probably would feel similarly if I thought Hickman was really going to "plumb the depths" (Phrasing!) of these relationships for the sake of drama.

I think the constant denials, which Hickman makes possible by not being explicit (Double-entendre!), are upsetting people who a reading the "subtext" correctly, I would argue.

To a larger point, while titillation and subtext have their place in the X-books historically, I'm fairly certain they were born due to a societal (or perhaps, even corporate) sensibilities that would not otherwise allow things to be overt. I don't believe those circumstances are true anymore, though I could be wrong.

I think what needs to happen is for everyone to loosen their grip a little (Phrasing!) and just enjoy the nebulous ride.
    I understand that if ppl like poly and want to see it sure but not by destroying the characterisation of already made characters who have establish they are not into that. Ppl that are into it will keep buying as for me if this continues honestly nope i got burn with Rosy run to know when to stop buying lol.

I will read reviews before buying any issue now.
    Hope Emma keeps away from this.
    Last edited by bell; 10-16-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I have nothing against polyamory. It's upsetting to see it described in a poor manner, but I don't see how it fits the characters some are applying to.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I understand that if ppl like poly and want to see it sure but not by destroying the characterisation of already made characters who have establish they are not into that. Ppl that are into it will keep buying as for me if this continues honestly nope i got burn with Rosy run to know when to stop buying lol.

I will read reviews before buying any issue now.
    Hope Emma keeps away from this.
    You do you.

Also, what polyamory?

The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

I think Krakoa is making all em mutants horny to procreate.

But I love this Emma/Scott/Jean/Logan, it’s a solution to the mess that was previously mishandled.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I think Krakoa is making all em mutants horny to procreate.

But I love this Emma/Scott/Jean/Logan, it’s a solution to the mess that was previously mishandled.
    It doesn't solve anything. They will all break up anyway, so this is just at most a few years of "Jean or Cyclops is doing both lol".

then they break and the situation remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It doesn't solve anything. They will all break up anyway, so this is just at most a few years of "Jean or Cyclops is doing both lol".

then they break and the situation remains the same.
    yes, IDK wh ypeople think this is a solution better than all these 4 dating other people.

it really facilitates more messed ups.

and also the secret inplied that there was more than 4, so if people are expecting it only to be jean/emma/scott/logan they are very wrong.

and to make more mutants sex is not needed

I find it funny that people are so mad about it just because its not their cup of tea. Who cares? Love is love whether you agree with it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    I find it funny that people are so mad about it just because its not their cup of tea. Who cares? Love is love whether you agree with it or not.
    It's not about cup of tea.

It's about characterization and story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not about cup of tea.

It's about characterization and story telling.
    Dude you have been one the most against it. In EVERY thread. Yet you pick and choose what you say is characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Dude you have been on the most against it. In EVERY thread. Yet you pick and choose what you say is characterization.
    i'm not doing that.

I only ever sawa lot of sex talk, nothing about love or characterization

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i'm not doing that.

I only ever sawa lot of sex talk, nothing about love or characterization
    Right cause you haven't posted about how something is not right about Jean because it doesn't fit your version of what she should do. I don't have defend my position anyone can go back through your responses and read them.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean has never said or shown interest on being with many partners at the same time, she has shown interest in Wolverine but that is something different to wanting to be with two guys at the same time.