Page 131 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont want it but nothing creepy about them. Scott was Illyana's peer, not mentor.
    He has known her since she was a kid. Any of the adult X-Men with Magik is creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He has known her since she was a kid. Any of the adult X-Men with Magik is creepy.
    Magik in her 20s. She is adult. He doesn't treat her as a kid
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Yall bugging. Magik is gay. I do like the idea of Scott and Wanda though

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Yeah, but it would still be creepy to date someone you knew when you were in your early 20's and she was 4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Magik isn't canonically gay or straight or bi.

That was original Magik. He's only known 2.0 as an adult and their relationship has been of that as peers. They are on the same level as him with any other senior X-man

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The face her brother and father would make at knowing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Storm was the sole leader for many years on Uncanny. We'll call her supreme leader if you prefer that title. Does this mean that if Jean becomes supreme leader for the next decade, you're going to object? You won't because this isn't about anything but attacking anything Scott has ever achieved or any respect he's ever had. Just call it what it is.
    Well she was dead for 14 years. I expect some focus on her going forward.

I agree that it comes down to the particular problems in each relationship. I disagree that it's a zero sum game. It's not a matter of just taking care of your kids, or taking care of yourself. We each have to decide how to accomplish both as a parent. Statistically divorce doesn't generally lead to better outcomes for either the parents or the children across a whole range of quality of life measures from net worth to mental health to life expectancy. There are cases where it's appropiate. I simply disagree with the generic statement that "relationships run their course". That's a euphemism for giving up.
    On life there is a time to give up and a time to continue trying.
    Right, but it was a what if situation that didn't make much sense that I felt you were using to justify Jean arbitrarily being in other relationships because Scott did it. From a characterization point of view that's not good storytelling and I used an example to show how rediculous that line of thinking could become if extended to other factors in the relationship.
    Why there is need to justify Jean dating someone else? Scott benefited a lot from it, I think that Jean would also benefit from it.
    Also I want new stories, new dynamics.

Marvel isn't obligated to do anything. What I hope they will do is depict characters in a way that aligns with their history. Jean's history reasonably leads us to believe that she will gravitate back to Scott eventually. That's called consistency. It's not a hard and fast rule.
    Maybe this time she changed? Maybe this time she will finally say no to all Scott craps? Maybe this time she gonna write her own story instead of going back to old habits

In ancient times people would wear sackcloth clothing and cover themselves in ashes as a sign of mourning. I was asking if the situation was reversed, would you have not wanted Jean to live while Scott was dead, or would you have proffered she live perpetually in mourning? Given all you've said I have to conclude you would want Jean to live and that includes developing feelings for other people in Scott's absence. If it would have been ok for her, you have to accept that it was ok for him.
    Scott could at least choose a better partner, one that didn't helped mind rape the so called love of his life.
    If Scott can date other people, Jean can also date other people. Fine?

[QUOTE=Hizashi;4268207]Over several years, this is just plain not true.
    [quote]
    Agree to disagree then.
    The nature of telepathy is a topic you and I will never see eye-to-eye on it seems.
    Emma seems expendable to Marvel sometimes, it doesn't have to do with Scott dumping her. IvX? And there were Scott and Emma fans alike okay with them not getting back together, but simply hoping for a proper reconciliation and closure.
    Yeah, I apologize, I made an assumption when you were raising a hypothetical. Still, I don't know why you'd want to test your theory that way.
    Telepathy is strong, mind is very strong and play tricks all the time. Just thought is underselling mind and telepathy.
    Emma started losing importance the instant Scott dumped her.
    My point is fandom gonna forgive what Scott did but if Jean do the same they won't.

I don't know how we'll ever know whether Scott's detractors are in the minority or not, and this site is hardly indicative of anything. Regardless, as I've said, Scott's most ardent fans don't say he was right to have an affair, or blindly defend every bad action he made.

Forgive Jean for what?
    i'm pretty sure Scott detractors are on the minority, anywhere i go online there is much more fans, sadly.

for nothing, just that if she cheated on Scott she would be even more screwed up than now.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    It's still creepy, like Xavier and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Hey, i suggested one already.
    Scott and Colleen Wing get another chance.
    Jean can date Classic Thor (moden Thor is wash).
    And Logan and Elektra can have a go too if Marvel wish it.

My solution is too good thougth, so it would never happen
    Yep, this works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Agree to disagree then.
    You used the word "development" not "focus".

Telepathy is strong, mind is very strong and play tricks all the time. Just thought is underselling mind and telepathy.
    Emma started losing importance the instant Scott dumped her.
    My point is fandom gonna forgive what Scott did but if Jean do the same they won't.
    I'm not trying to undersell it, I'm saying it's not the same as a physical relationship, because it's not. That's the last thing I'll say on the subject in this thread.

Emma was central to the X-books even after Scott's death, she was the hero of IvX, and she's still important now.

What Scott did wasn't done in a context-less vacuum, his actions aren't unforgivable.

i'm pretty sure Scott detractors are on the minority, anywhere i go online there is much more fans, sadly.

for nothing, just that if she cheated on Scott she would be even more screwed up than now.
    Scott does have his fans. He's Marvel's greatest hero as far as I'm concerned.

Emma cheated on Scott, in a similar fashion to their affair in Morrison's run, and Scott's fans were generally understanding because of the context. She did something wrong, but it wasn't unforgivable - and many of us actively wanted Scott to own up to his part in the dissolution of their relationship. I'm sure there were some in the fandom that were happy that Scemma was hurt that way, but as far as I could tell no one actively hated Emma for what happened. If Jean had a psychic affair, I would like to think there could be understanding, but I honestly can't predict what the reaction would be simply based off of what happened with Emma. Regardless, the stigma of "cheater" would never be applied to Jean, psychic or otherwise. Scott and Emma? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Hey, i suggested one already.
    Scott and Colleen Wing get another chance.
    Jean can date Classic Thor (moden Thor is wash).
    And Logan and Elektra can have a go too if Marvel wish it.

My solution is too good thougth, so it would never happen
    Classic Thor is boring, Hermsworth Thor is the best one. I can only see Jean and Thor as a fling.

Doctor strange seems a better deal, he and Jean like to read, deal with spiritual trips. Are the the most powerful on their areas

I going to start reading his solo again, for stories purpose only

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You used the word "development" not "focus".
    Scott had both

I'm not trying to undersell it, I'm saying it's not the same as a physical relationship, because it's not. That's the last thing I'll say on the subject in this thread.

Emma was central to the X-books even after Scott's death, she was the hero of IvX, and she's still important now.

What Scott did wasn't done in a context-less vacuum, his actions aren't unforgivable.
    IVX was like 2 years ago, she hasn't done much on x-books.

Yes, there is context for his actions. But I still have problems in forgiving it.

Scott does have his fans. He's Marvel's greatest hero as far as I'm concerned.
    that is too much, on a company that has squirrel girl and spider-man
    Emma cheated on Scott, in a similar fashion to their affair in Morrison's run, and Scott's fans were generally understanding because of the context. She did something wrong, but it wasn't unforgivable - and many of us actively wanted Scott to own up to his part in the dissolution of their relationship. I'm sure there were some in the fandom that were happy that Scemma was hurt that way, but as far as I could tell no one actively hated Emma for what happened. If Jean had a psychic affair, I would like to think there could be understanding, but I honestly can't predict what the reaction would be simply based off of what happened with Emma. Regardless, the stigma of "cheater" would never be applied to Jean, psychic or otherwise. Scott and Emma? Sure.
    Emma is loved by Scott fans, Jean not so much. Of course Emma would never face the backlash from cheating.
    Jean face much more hate from a kiss from Wolverine. Looking online I couldn't tell about Namor/Emma thing.
    Jean would never have the same benefit of doubt that Emma and Scott have
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-23-2019 at 08:17 PM.

BANNED

I see X-MEN The further relationship wars of Cyclops and Phoenix is in cards to materialize.
    Cyclops emma and wi fi cable vs Jean grey wolverine and Rachael
    Cyclops: You didn't stand with me in my hour of need.
    Jean: You had a psychic affair.
    Wi Fi: Father is always right!!!
    Rachael: I hereby renounce my summers heritage. now and forever I belong to mother phoenix
    Wi Fi: hey aren't you going to become mother Askani?
    Rachael: That's got nothing to do with this you little...
    Wi Fi: you are a abomination to this timeline and must be erased. that's my true mission in X force. I am going to find you and neutralize you like my elder self.
    Rachael: It's on pint sized cable.
    Emma: Apologize to your brother immediately you mommy's girl.
    Rachael: You stay out of it you harridan. you were just a notch on my father's belt and have no say in our family matters.
    Jean: That's right Emma! My daughter is preaching to the choir! no wonder she has formed a cult in the future.
    Logan: ladies ladies
    Scott: She never loved you, you hairball hypocrite! your playing peacemaker is disgusting when I had to put up with your aggression for so long in the early days.
    Logan: you are making me want to pop the claws!
    snkt
    Suddenly additional arrivals appear.
    ruby summers and shine show up.
    hey we want a say in this......

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Emma is loved by Scott fans, Jean not so much. Of course Emma would never face the backlash from cheating.
    Jean face much more hate from a kiss from Wolverine. Looking online I couldn't tell about Namor/Emma thing.
    Jean would never have the same benefit of doubt that Emma and Scott have
    Emma (and Namor, and Scott, Illyana and Piotr) was, at the time, not really responsible for her actions. Blaming her would be like blaming Scott for Xavier or Jean for her DPS actions.

It's still creepy, like Xavier and Jean.
    You're right. that old man Cyclops is taking advantage little Illyana. Ugh ...
    And everyone loves Chuck so much. He was such a lovable pedophile!
    But seriously
    I always kinda wondered why Magik sided with Cyclops?
    Goddamn Cyclops and Magik just needs to happen already.
    Magik can actually be something other than the 'School Bus'.
    Teens and kids age into adults.
    Magik is at least in her 20's right? and Marvel math makes Cyclops 30 at most. Technically Illyana is actually a demonic clone.
    Uncanny wouldn't even work without the MagikSchool Bus.
    Magik has been exclusively in the "team cyclops" books since then.(not counting shithumans Fart cloud).
    They were both on the same team in several different iterations of the same comic, I assume at some point they had some chemistry?
    Magik hooking up with Cyclops.
    Illyana has always given zero fucks... it would be in character for her.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant