SaintRedhead thought she was going to die and Wolverine forced a kiss on her. She returned it, though, so it's still wrong and it's still cheating.
They've made out in plenty of AUs, though. Scott and Jean were both horrible to one another. Jean had to nip the Scott-Psylocke thing in the bud before Wolverine was grinding up on her fully...like, those two were just liars and bad at being faithful to each other.
Actually Scott and Emma didn't start their "psychic marriage counseling" yet when Jean and Logan kissed.

And you're kidding yourself if you think he wasn't gonna try and get back with her. Jean could be RUMORED to be alive on the moon of Pluto right now and Scott would say **** to everyone throw away his relationship with maddie, Emma and go to Pluto.
That said, his team wasn't in any trouble at all. They got together because Jean was back, and then he HUNG OUT WITH HIS OLD BUDDIES for weeks, planning on making a mutant hunting organization that would secretly train mutants. It wasn't a "Oh, I'll come in and see her and them for a day or two", it was weeks before he checked on Maddie and Christopher/Nathan. And even then it was phone call after phone call before he actually picked his ass up and went back to Alaska to check things out.

Maddie didn't start losing her **** until after she left, died with the X-Men, and got corrupted by Sym and Nastyrth or whatever his name was spelled as.

And the kicker? He kept not telling Jean that he was married, letting her think that she and he still had a chance. She had to find out from Angel, Beast, and Iceman that he had a wife and kid, and even that was an accident.

Then, the night after the whole Goblyn Queen business, he was balls deep in Jean and she was raising his baby as her own because "Technically, because his mother was my clone, he's my baby too."