Page 55 of 190 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

SaintRedhead thought she was going to die and Wolverine forced a kiss on her. She returned it, though, so it's still wrong and it's still cheating.
    They've made out in plenty of AUs, though. Scott and Jean were both horrible to one another. Jean had to nip the Scott-Psylocke thing in the bud before Wolverine was grinding up on her fully...like, those two were just liars and bad at being faithful to each other.
    Actually Scott and Emma didn't start their "psychic marriage counseling" yet when Jean and Logan kissed.

And you're kidding yourself if you think he wasn't gonna try and get back with her. Jean could be RUMORED to be alive on the moon of Pluto right now and Scott would say **** to everyone throw away his relationship with maddie, Emma and go to Pluto.
    That said, his team wasn't in any trouble at all. They got together because Jean was back, and then he HUNG OUT WITH HIS OLD BUDDIES for weeks, planning on making a mutant hunting organization that would secretly train mutants. It wasn't a "Oh, I'll come in and see her and them for a day or two", it was weeks before he checked on Maddie and Christopher/Nathan. And even then it was phone call after phone call before he actually picked his ass up and went back to Alaska to check things out.

Maddie didn't start losing her **** until after she left, died with the X-Men, and got corrupted by Sym and Nastyrth or whatever his name was spelled as.

And the kicker? He kept not telling Jean that he was married, letting her think that she and he still had a chance. She had to find out from Angel, Beast, and Iceman that he had a wife and kid, and even that was an accident.

Then, the night after the whole Goblyn Queen business, he was balls deep in Jean and she was raising his baby as her own because "Technically, because his mother was my clone, he's my baby too."
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott didnt abandon a pregnant wife. Madelyne already had the baby when their marriage went downhill and Scott did NOT leave her for Jean. Stop spreading this falsehood about him
    Agree to a degree. I've never liked the word abandon because he did not leave with the intention of never returning. A confluence of circumstances lead him to believe that Maddie had left him. In my mind, it's the entire for her ultimatum before he left. Now, he can somewhat plausibly believe she left him when the phone has been disconnected.

Mind you, I don't dispute his behavior leaves a WHOLE LOT to be desired. I just wouldn't use the word abandoned. Even that could be argued because he was gone for several weeks before he called. I dispute it in the sense that he dumped her for Jean, as in hooking up with. It simply did not happen like that.

Incredible Member

It was Lobdell. Claremont was gone by FA

No, it was Fabian Nicieza. The narration absolutely states that she loves him. As Magneto rips the metal out of him. Funny about the narrator. This was a usenet discussion when he wrote a Magneto mini in maybe 2000. There were 2 when he was in charge of Genosha. Nicieza wrote the second. The discussion was about Magneto's intentions. Was Gensoha just a stepping stone to world domination. The narration said yes I argued. Nicieza replied that he used a presumptive narrator and that what the narration said wasn't necessarily entirely true.

To be clear, X MEN 25 was not brought up in this conversation, 7 years later. I am not claiming it applies to Jean in that issue. Just pointed out that he later employed the device, by his own words.

Why did he do it in x men 25? No clue, maybe he feels that way. He also wrote X MEN 28. To ,y knowledge, the only time Jean and Scott ever discussed whatever she felt for Logan. Since they didn't call the wedding off, I think it's safe to say that Scott wasn't threatened, IMO, if you look at the entirety of Nicieza's handling of JOTT, I do not think he presented Logan as ANY threat to JOTT.

BTW, Lobdell never even touched on Jean Logan. Nada, zip, zilch. Mentioned Warren's feelings for Jean a couple times. X FACTOR 61 is 1990. You have Nicieza's 2 issues. That is in 10 YEARS of comics? You can spin it, twist it, contort it any way you want. It's nothing, not a blip on the radar for practically the entire decade. Unless you bring AOA into the discussion, and that's an AU.

Said this so many times. It was never a true triangle. It was several isolated incidents with no follow up. I'll use the same example I'll always use. The next time, after X FACTOR 61, that Jean and Logan were alone together, the scene should be filled with romantic tension. Please, produce those scenes, those panels for me. Noone can because they don't exist. Not like there wasn't ample opportunity. How many times in the 90s did Jean guest star in WOLVERINE?

LOL, are we really going to use Jean being willing to sacrifice her life to save Logan in WOLVERINE 75 as proof of some love? Jean would risk her life for any of them. She risked her life to help Mastermind in another comic that came out, iirc, that same year.

Just to be clear. When I say virtually dead, I mean mutual. Certainly the 90s has periodic references to how Logan feels about Jean. I'm looking for the reverse. If you haven't read them, I wouldn't suggest wasting a lot of time looking for them. Not in books set in 616.

I saw someone mention the cartoon and movies being to blame. For the life of me, I will never understand equating them. TAS is JOTT centric. Were they supposed to completely ignore Jean and Logan? It is referenced maybe twice and quickly. I mean a mutual attraction. That is vs how much JOTT? JOTT is at the center of PHOENIX and DARK PHOENIX. Big time in the latter. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that TAS Jean is winding up with Logan. The movies are a different animal. I would guess those movies produced many JOGAN fans.

People are going to have to bring their own view to cheating. Jean absolutely cheated, INO, Once in 1990 and once in 2001. Logan grabbing Jean and kissing her is not my idea of Jean cheating. Scott had an ONGOING psychic affair. In my mind, that far surpasses what Jean did. That is adultery.

But for some people, any form of cheating is cheating. And if one party did it more than the other, doesn't really matter because they both still cheated. That's just a difference of opinion and that person is as entitled to their view as much as I am mine.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    SaintRedhead thought she was going to die and Wolverine forced a kiss on her. She returned it, though, so it's still wrong and it's still cheating.
    They've made out in plenty of AUs, though. Scott and Jean were both horrible to one another. Jean had to nip the Scott-Psylocke thing in the bud before Wolverine was grinding up on her fully...like, those two were just liars and bad at being faithful to each other.
    Actually Scott and Emma didn't start their "psychic marriage counseling" yet when Jean and Logan kissed.

And you're kidding yourself if you think he wasn't gonna try and get back with her. Jean could be RUMORED to be alive on the moon of Pluto right now and Scott would say **** to everyone throw away his relationship with maddie, Emma and go to Pluto.
    That said, his team wasn't in any trouble at all. They got together because Jean was back, and then he HUNG OUT WITH HIS OLD BUDDIES for weeks, planning on making a mutant hunting organization that would secretly train mutants. It wasn't a "Oh, I'll come in and see her and them for a day or two", it was weeks before he checked on Maddie and Christopher/Nathan. And even then it was phone call after phone call before he actually picked his ass up and went back to Alaska to check things out.

Maddie didn't start losing her **** until after she left, died with the X-Men, and got corrupted by Sym and Nastyrth or whatever his name was spelled as.

And the kicker? He kept not telling Jean that he was married, letting her think that she and he still had a chance. She had to find out from Angel, Beast, and Iceman that he had a wife and kid, and even that was an accident.

Then, the night after the whole Goblyn Queen business, he was balls deep in Jean and she was raising his baby as her own because "Technically, because his mother was my clone, he's my baby too."

SO MUCH in this presented out of context. I'll just settle for not telling Jean he was married. Absolutely, very cowardly. However, he did nothing to lead her on. He deliberately kept her a t a distance. That's how she found out. She went to the others because she couldn't understand why he was being so cold to her. Nothing was going to happen between JOTT in early X FACTOR, Jean knowing about the marriage or not, Scott is too guilt ridden.

Scott and Jean aren't together until a year's worth of comics after he thinks Maddie had died.

Scott didnt abandon a pregnant wife. Madelyne already had the baby when their marriage went downhill and Scott did NOT leave her for Jean. Stop spreading this falsehood about him
    Scott left Maddie because of Jean, whether he had sex with Jean or not. Stop bisecting rabbits' bigger cousins.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Agree to a degree. I've never liked the word abandon because he did not leave with the intention of never returning. A confluence of circumstances lead him to believe that Maddie had left him. In my mind, it's the entire for her ultimatum before he left. Now, he can somewhat plausibly believe she left him when the phone has been disconnected.

Mind you, I don't dispute his behavior leaves a WHOLE LOT to be desired. I just wouldn't use the word abandoned. Even that could be argued because he was gone for several weeks before he called. I dispute it in the sense that he dumped her for Jean, as in hooking up with. It simply did not happen like that.
    Neither did Scott leave with the intention of returning. By his own later admission, his only intention was to get to Jean as fast as possible. When he left his wife and child, he wasn't thinking about what to do next.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    SO MUCH in this presented out of context. I'll just settle for not telling Jean he was married. Absolutely, very cowardly. However, he did nothing to lead her on. He deliberately kept her a t a distance. That's how she found out. She went to the others because she couldn't understand why he was being so cold to her. Nothing was going to happen between JOTT in early X FACTOR, Jean knowing about the marriage or not, Scott is too guilt ridden.

Scott and Jean aren't together until a year's worth of comics after he thinks Maddie had died.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

For the foresable future this drama is dead. Jean is going to date someone that isn't Cyclops or Wolverine. And Scott and Emma aren't together, with her in charge of the hellfire club their relationship seems to be in a difficult spot too.

Ultimate Member

Do we know that she'll be actually dating someone or just a kiss or two as there's a big difference between the two, and some of that could come in that alternate reality business anyway...

BANNED

The writers are just selling their story. Nothing lasting is going to happen because Jean has to be available for Cyclops. Move along, nothing to see here. lol

Ultimate Member

But then Scott can date whomever he wants for as long as he wants but she has to stand around and wait for him...nah...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But then Scott can date whomever he wants for as long as he wants but she has to stand around and wait for him...nah...
    I get mad with it too.

Even if Jean get to date another person, Scott will be there looming over the relationship. While Scott got to date other people with Jean being dead.
    Jean won't have the same storytelling chances scott had.

I really hope Zac Thompson is really selling what will happen, and Jean will have a relationship that will lasts beyond x-man

I wish i had the same certainty about Scott and Jean getting back together.
    They are the greatest most unique X-men romance, it certainly deserves better.

i think they will always be a presence on each other lives

for the people worried of this new relationships fate, is important to have clear that most relationships will eventually end. when marvel butchered Jean and Scott marriage they proved they really aren't going to commit with anything and nothing is sacred. Zac Thompson himself said on the same discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    i get that you like Jean/logan, i'm not againts it but bashing jott isn't going to make it happen. jott and scott aren't what keeps it from happening.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-23-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wish i had the same certainty about Scott and Jean getting back together.
    They are the greatest most unique X-men romance, it certainly deserves better.

i think they will always be a presence on each other lives

for the people worried of this new relationships fate, is important to have clear tat most relationships will eventually end. when marvel butchered Jean and Scott marriage they proved they really aren't going to commit with anything and nothing is sacred.
    Sure they all gonna end, but tease something on x-men just for it to end on the AU universe woulb be trolling from Marvel.

i get that you like Jean/logan, i'm not againts it but bashing jott isn't going to make it happen. jott and scott aren't what keep it from happening.
    He is not bashing Jott

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure they all gonna end, but tease something on x-men just for it to end on the AU universe woulb be trolling from Marvel.

He is not bashing Jott
    I think it will go beyond the AU.

i also want to make clear that i'm not bashing the next relationship or jogan either.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-23-2018 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

Some of y'all just want to get mad at stuff you made up at your heads and treat it like Marvel is already doing it.

As far as we know, Cyclops might die another pathetic death at the end of Devastation, but sure, he's a threat to the current editorial's darling and her oh-so-amazing romantic life. There's no indication at all that Scott and Jean will get together again, since Scott will be taking **** from the flatscans alongside Logan while Jean is part of the ruling class in another universe, alongside her new boyfriend or girlfriend. The approach to each of them is already different. Hell, X-Men: Red is basically Jean doing what he did but on the easy setting. They already threw Kitty on a hole so she could shine in Uncanny. Editorial's visions for a Cyclops story and a Jean story are completely incompatible, there's no practical reason for them to be a couple again.

But sure, get mad at your fanfic, I guess. Just be careful if you have some history of heart disease in your family. Getting stressed at small stuff will kill y'all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Some of y'all just want to get mad at stuff you made up at your heads and treat it like Marvel is already doing it.

As far as we know, Cyclops might die another pathetic death at the end of Devastation, but sure, he's a threat to the current editorial's darling and her oh-so-amazing romantic life. There's no indication at all that Scott and Jean will get together again, since Scott will be taking **** from the flatscans alongside Logan while Jean is part of the ruling class in another universe, alongside her new boyfriend or girlfriend. The approach to each of them is already different. Hell, X-Men: Red is basically Jean doing what he did but on the easy setting. They already threw Kitty on a hole so she could shine in Uncanny. Editorial's visions for a Cyclops story and a Jean story are completely incompatible, there's no practical reason for them to be a couple again.

But sure, get mad at your fanfic, I guess. Just be careful if you have some history of heart disease in your family. Getting stressed at small stuff will kill y'all.
    Hey,don't speak the truth.
    I was having a great time out of this.