I thought Marvel portrayed Scott as a lousy person as far as his treatment of women, but it made him seem very human at the same time. He's no hero in his personal life, just a guy, and not one you'd want your sister or daughter or niece to date. It makes for an interesting character.

I found he and Emma to be far more interesting together than he and Jean ever were. They were broken together, and that made a pretty compelling couple.

Scott and Jean were more like an old habit. It read like they didn't truly see one another, just what they wanted the other person to be. They were the high school sweethearts who grew up together, and never realized they grew apart, just kept going through the same motions. I also disliked that Jean was used for Scott's character development, whereas the reverse wasn't true.

I'm ambivalent on Logan and Jean together. I see the context from early days -- the PF was, in part, a parallel for Jean's sexuality and Logan was the dangerous outlet for that repressed passion, whereas Scott was just the habit. I never really understood Logan's undying (unrequited) love for her, as he didn't seem to have a connection on anything but a sexual level. The same goes for her.