Page 112 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2846
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm on the opinion that hating on fictional characters is a lost of time and energy, there are more constructive ways to spend your time and if you still aren't able to enjoy certain characters, just avoid then like the plague. Does wonder for one mental health.
    Sadly it's hard if that character is shoved in your face every time you turn around.

Non-Marvel example, I HATE Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They made him a regular in season 4, and I couldn't enjoy the show in seasons 5-7 when it became the Spike & Buffy program. I was a fan of the early seasons, and it's too bad there's a whole second half of the show I had to stop watching due to Spike and the clear bias writers had with him. Then even if you go to another show entire, aka Angel, they did the same thing. Shoehorned Spike into the last season there, and had him showing up Angel on his own show. Then there's the Spuffy comics. lol The latter half of the series if great if you like Spike & Spuffy. But if you hate both, you're out of luck. Because the show is no longer for you.

Then for me, Sabretooth is one of my favorites. But I HATE Wolverine & Mystique. Namely because they keep popping up everywhere & getting tons of biased fanboy writing. And Creed is the sacrificial lamb to both. It's hard to enjoy him in anything when he keeps getting thrown in with these 2, and made a fool of by both. I pushed through Weapon X because it was the only thing he was in. So I read & hoped to get some kind of decent story now & again. But Mary Sue Logan didn't lessen my Logan DNA hatred. Then when the writing finally got better, and Mary Sue left, Pak threw Mystique right in with very little time to breathe in-between.

Sadly, when your disliked character includes fan-favorites / pets that get tons of preferential treatment, you're out of luck with tons of stuff you wouldn't be able to read because they get put everywhere. But in order to see your favorites or other liked characters, the hated ones come tied to them & the hate continues to grow. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-24-2018 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They shared one kiss right before Scott went to Alaska and nothing until they saw Maddie die on tv in Dallas. There wasnt any "always making out" in the arly issues of X-Factor. They got into a relationship around X-Factor 25
    Yea that one kiss they shared is cheating and homewrecking. Scott and Jean played Madelyne and took her maternity rights from her.

Was Scott officially divorced or a widower X-Factor #25?

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaKat View Post
    She cast a spell on him, why do you think Cyclops married Jeans look alike? That kind of behaviour is unexplanatory, no one in their right mind would marry their dead girlfriends look alike which led me to believe that Jean cast a spell on Cyclops that stopped him from moving on. Thank God for Emma the telepath she undid it.
    Ooooh okay, I get it now. Headcanon. You have nothing to show to actually back up your claim other than a "belief" of what you (wrongly) think happened. Gotcha.

Yea that one kiss they shared is cheating and homewrecking. Scott and Jean played Madelyne and took her maternity rights from her.

Scott and Maddie never divorced bc she died. Scott became a widower three times with her and it was final after Inferno

What? The kiss wasn't some sexy, make-out session. They were saying goodbye as Scott intended to go back to Maddie and his son. As for "maternity rights" I think Maddie pretty much lost that claim when she tried to sacrifice her child to a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    What? The kiss wasn't some sexy, make-out session. They were saying goodbye as Scott intended to go back to Maddie and his son. As for "maternity rights" I think Maddie pretty much lost that claim when she tried to sacrifice her child to a demon.
    Obligatory...

tumblr_ocam3vifZf1sp1wslo1_1280.jpg
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott and Maddie never divorced bc she died.
    Kinda poetic with the way the whole Emma/Scott/Jean thing went down, when you think about it.

Notable symmetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Kinda poetic with the way the whole Emma/Scott/Jean thing went down, when you think about it.

Notable symmetry.
    readheafs dying and Scott just move on

Notable symmetry.
    I think there's some poetic justice with the Jean gaining teen's memories bc she saw Scott and Emma together and him wanting nothing to do with her romantically. She got to live with them and see Emma miserable loving and wanting him from the sidelines while he rejected and was no longer into her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    readheafs dying and Scott just move on
    Well yes that, of course, but I was really referring to the (intentional?) poetic irony of Jean conveniently dying so someone could take her place as the "the insert character's girlfriend" just like what happened to Maddie.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well yes that, of course, but I was really referring to the (intentional?) poetic irony of Jean conveniently dying so someone could take her place as the "the insert character's girlfriend" just like what happened to Maddie.
    Yes, Scott is obviously a self insert character. He just always seems to be right and loved by everyone.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

well that's just the way women are often written in comics, hopefully the future will be brighter now that society seems to be getting more aware of the issue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yes, Scott is obviously a self insert character. He just always seems to be right and loved by everyone.
    I think he/she secretly likes Scott which is why he constantly brings that up.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I love Waiting for the Trade.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Yes, twice for Jean. 3 Times a redhead dies so Cyclops can have some mainpain and move on with another woman.
    If you are a redhead avoid Scott
    JK
    if you are a woman avoid Scott at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Me and Redd talked a lot baout Scott being a self-insert character. Sure no one wanted to believe on that.
    I think it became obvious on Morrison run and following runs
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-24-2018 at 06:32 PM.