Page 116 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Jean tampered with his feelings once and it wasn't mainstream Jean, it was a future version of her that doesn't exist anymore, there is no evidence that Jean tampered with Scott feelings during their romance. She has power to do that?, certainly, have we saw her doing that?, not to my knowledge. I ask to any Cyclops fan, is there any point in their romance when we saw Jean tampering with his feelings for her?before Morrison of course.
    As far as I understand HCT!Jean and 616!Jean were the same character until they weren't. The Jean who's in Uncanny isn't the HCT!Jean, but HCT!Jean is the woman who Scott had troubles with.

I don't think there's any examples of Jean meddling with Scott's mind other than that. I wouldn't have liked it if Jean had forced Scott to love Emma, and I don't think she did.

BANNED

And people wonder why I don't want this awful character near any of the characters I care about really. Cyke stories are always about some other character taking the blame or being the fall guy so he can look good and that's what people like about the character. That's why they need to stick him in a book with a bunch of OCs that don't have their own following and let the writers go nuts with all the classics, from "woman in a refrigerator" and "someone made me do it" to "Cyclops has a plan". When those stories get done with OCs, you can tell all the Cyclops type of stories and have him do slightly edgy stuff while putting the fault on others without ruining characters people care about.

End the "rectangle" and bring back Cyclops' space solo.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I know it's a bit late, and differences in opinion aside, but I wish everyone here in this thread a happy holiday time and to the end of the year.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 12-25-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I know it's a bit late, and differences in opinion aside, but I wish everyone here in this thread a happy holiday time and to the end of the year.
    the thank you, seasons greetings, have a good one

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    As far as I understand HCT!Jean and 616!Jean were the same character until they weren't. The Jean who's in Uncanny isn't the HCT!Jean, but HCT!Jean is the woman who Scott had troubles with.

I don't think there's any examples of Jean meddling with Scott's mind other than that. I wouldn't have liked it if Jean had forced Scott to love Emma, and I don't think she did.
    What's HCT an acronym for?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    What's HCT an acronym for?
    Here Comes Tomorrow, the post-apocalyptic future where the X-Men fell apart and Dark Beast/Sublime almost wipes out everyone.

I have seen Cyclops haters saying he deserved Maddie punching him. Now I have seen a Cyclops fan saying the same. Un-freaking-believable.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaKat View Post
    I said if my boyfriend keeps talking about his ex, I will smack him. Comparing your spouse to you ex is disrespectful
    I cannot believe you actually said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    And people wonder why I don't want this awful character near any of the characters I care about really. Cyke stories are always about some other character taking the blame or being the fall guy so he can look good and that's what people like about the character. That's why they need to stick him in a book with a bunch of OCs that don't have their own following and let the writers go nuts with all the classics, from "woman in a refrigerator" and "someone made me do it" to "Cyclops has a plan". When those stories get done with OCs, you can tell all the Cyclops type of stories and have him do slightly edgy stuff while putting the fault on others without ruining characters people care about.

End the "rectangle" and bring back Cyclops' space solo.
    So you read all of OliviaKat's posts and come up with that conclusion? I mean, it's not even conclusion. It's literally the repeat of stuff you've said a dozen or so times before. Somehow, I am not surprised.

This is nauseating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I have seen Cyclops haters saying he deserved Maddie punching him. Now I have seen a Cyclops fan saying the same. Un-freaking-believable.

I cannot believe you actually said that.

So you read all of OliviaKat's posts and come up with that conclusion? I mean, it's not even conclusion. It's literally the repeat of stuff you've said a dozen or so times before. Somehow, I am not surprised.

This is nauseating.
    Opinions are typically only subject to change when new information comes in or new behaviors are observed. Same ol' interest in having other characters be fall guys for Cyclops, perfect, RIGHT, white lamb that he is? No reason for opinions to change. OliviaKat isn't saying anything any different from what we see on here every day.

"Cyclops is a victim", "someone made him marry and then leave maddie", "someone made him fall out of love with Jean", "someone made him move on with Emma", "someone made him kill Professor X", "he's the only one that can lead the X-Men" blah blah blah. Send the blameless perfect character to space and set him up with some OCs so he can solve the plots wit Bat-Planning and angst over the female lead's death without bumping the other X-Men out of the frame.

Opinions are typically only subject to change when new information comes in or new behaviors are observed. Same ol' interest in having other characters be fall guys for Cyclops, perfect, RIGHT, white lamb that he is? No reason for opinions to change. OliviaKat isn't saying anything any different from what we see on here every day.

"Cyclops is a victim", "someone made him marry and then leave maddie", "someone made him fall out of love with Jean", "someone made him move on with Emma", "someone made him kill Professor X", "he's the only one that can lead the X-Men" blah blah blah. Send the blameless perfect character to space and set him up with some OCs so he can solve the plots wit Bat-Planning and angst over the female lead's death without bumping the other X-Men out of the frame.
    And do you see how Cyclops fans don't agree with OliviaKat at all?

Mighty Member

I disagree, most cyclops fans actually acknowledge most of the bad **** he committed, yes to an extent we defend the bad decision but we never claimed he is blameless or blamed other characters. Matter fact, Cyclops fans calls out Cyke more than Jean fans calling her out.

Mighty Member

Domestic abuse against men is real. Violence is violence, I am not sure why is it underplayed or not taken seriously.
    Especially in a society where toxic masculinity is prevalent, we shame men who come out and speak out.

It saddens me to see comments excusing domestic abuse.

Also, not many would agree about Emma taking advantage of Scott’s emotional state ... but I certainly think what she did is an assault. She took advantage of a man with mental issues and she exploited it for her sexual gain. If the genders were reversed everyone would have lost their **** and cool calling the Male therapist all kind of names rightfully so.

I will go back and repost a quote from a user, s/he explained it better than I did. Lemme dig it out.

But for the mean time, let’s not take domestic, emotional and sexual abuse lightly and shame or victim blame the men involved.
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 12-26-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Mighty Member

Ok, found the post! Accurately written and it’s all factual. Thank you Striderblack01

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I guess I kinda am, but for the record, I like Emma and i liked Scott with her.

(I'm an odd duck that liked both Jott & Scemma)

There's something that always seems to get swept under the rug amidst all the lazy and predictable Scott-bashing.
    Something that, judging by the casual "Scott is a dirty cheater" talk, doesn't seem have the weight it deserves.

During Morrison's run, Scott was going through mental health issues. He was offered help, and that person took advantage of him.

But Strider, Scott could've resisted more!

Really?! Is that really the barometer we're going to use to judge him by? He could've resisted more??
    That's a lame and, dare I say it, kinda victim blame-y.

I can already see the #triggered responses now, and I get it. It's nigh impossible to view Scott Summers as the victim in this situation, I agree.
    Especially since he doesn't carry himself as victim, and obviously doesn't blame Emma. It's a complex situation.
    Despite his feelings on the matter, Scott ultimately was taken advantage of, and he was aggrieved - Emma made things worse for his marriage.

Imagine if you were going through issues, trying to work through some really big identity, relationship, and life things, and kinda drowning.
    Imagine you were then doggedly offered therapy, and the person 'helping' you did that.
    Just pushed past all your reluctance, uncertainty, and vulnerability and put the moves on you.
    All the while dressing it up as help. The help you so desperately needed.

I mean, unethical doesn't begin to cover it - this was villainous.

Now, I don't want to judge Emma too harshly. She had genuine feelings for Scott, and this was a bit of a turning point for her.
    But Mama was a bad girl, and Mama did a bad thing.
    Even if for seemingly well intentioned reasons.

I also can't help but think that if the genders were reversed, if this was a male 'therapist' taking advantage of a female 'patient', this board would've unanimously lost it's collective $%#*!
    If say, Charles had done something like that to Moira, I don't think anybody here would be blaming her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Ok, found the post! Accurately written and it’s all factual. Thank you Striderblack01
    EmMa MaDe ScOtT dO iT!

EmMa MaDe ScOtT dO iT!
    Haha it isn't a good help

Emma was on the wrong, she really wanted to have a affair to screw over Jean.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Scott knew what he was doing and then came back for more. If it was a one night stand would be easier to forgive, but it wasn't. It wasn't a misunderstood.

And the worse part is that Scott was talkig very bad of Jean to Emma

EmMa MaDe ScOtT dO iT!
    It’s like you didn’t read the post at all.