Page 36 of 190 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not the main factor for sure.

I wonder how help someone that prefers to open up to a woman that hates Jean

phoenix egg and the other hosts just made Jean disposable

I hardly think Jean presence would't change nothing
    How about not a factor at all?

Bad decision, no dispute from basically anyone. Doesn’t change the behavior of either one.

Ultimately yes, but that was Marvel’s call; besides, what happened to the notion that Jean would be better off without the Phoenix? Not that you’ve asserted that, but still.

Jean’s presence wouldn’t have changed the things that led to Scott taking the lead; she would either have stood with him or been the opposition in a split, but Scott’s trajectory stays basically the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How about not a factor at all?
    No. Scott shouldn't get it easy
    Bad decision, no dispute from basically anyone. Doesn’t change the behavior of either one.
    ok
    Ultimately yes, but that was Marvel’s call; besides, what happened to the notion that Jean would be better off without the Phoenix? Not that you’ve asserted that, but still.
    we got phoenix ressurrection: Jean wihtout phoenix. But Morrison just made it easy to use phoenix without Jean
    Jean’s presence wouldn’t have changed the things that led to Scott taking the lead; she would either have stood with him or been the opposition in a split, but Scott’s trajectory stays basically the same.
    I'm not sure about it, Scott would still be very glued to Jean

No. Scott shouldn't get it easy
    You really do hate Scott more than you like Jean.

By the way, not to be a dick and Grammar Nazi(but I guess I'm being that anyway), but you don't use past form of verb if you use did/didn't.
    Didn't say. Not didn't said.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh, is that why Jean has been explicitly the more powerful(like a lot more powerful) of the two for almost the entirety of their relationship? Always getting more and more power-ups, when Cyke pretty much gets degradation in that department? Hell, Emma too has always been more powerful than Scott.

But sure, Scott doesn't let these poor woman be powerful.

Or have you only watched the animated series or something? That is the only rational reason I can think of why you think this.
    You know what, let's go over every woman Cyclops has been even slightly romantically entangled with/hinted at that I can think of. Even AU and time-displaced selves and ****.

Colleen Wing. Could kick his ass any day of the week. She's a top-tier martial artist and Cyke's H2H skills don't even compare.
    Psylocke. Top-tier TP/TK and much much more skilled H2H combatant than Cyke.
    Maddie. Seemed normal at first, but then turns out to be ultra-powerful Goblin Queen.
    Frenzy. Superhuman strength and durability. Cyke's blast don't effect her at all from what I know.
    X-23. Healing factor, superior H2H combatant.
    Polaris(Ultimate X-Men). Do I even need to explain?
    Storm(one AU story in Astonishing). It's Storm. I hope I don't need to explain.
    Bloodstorm. It's Storm with Vampire powers.

But you know, Cyclops' women aren't allowed to be powerful.
    Aww, no one saw these posts(well, except AHRNIHAL)? I would love to see the counter arguments *cough*denyingfacts*cough* to these.

Aww, no one saw these posts(well, except AHRNIHAL)? I would love to see the counter arguments *cough*denyingfacts*cough* to these.
    When it’s that airtight, what can they do? You didn’t give them much wiggle room.

Gotta peace out for the night, need sleep before work in the morning. I’ll get to spirit2011 later.

It will be ignore because you know Scott only has weak girlfriends... you forgot the scarlet witch, i forgot where but she had a thing for him

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    It will be ignore because you know Scott only has weak girlfriends... you forgot the scarlet witch, i forgot where but she had a thing for him
    In ultimate universe.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

BANNED

Looks like i missed something?What about me?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Looks like i missed something?What about me?
    Nothing. Just that you were the only one who replied to my post.

You really do hate Scott more than you like Jean.

By the way, not to be a dick and Grammar Nazi(but I guess I'm being that anyway), but you don't use past form of verb if you use did/didn't.
    Didn't say. Not didn't said.
    you can be on peace, since cap is with sharon, Namor is back at being a villain.

thanks for the tip

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

(Meant to post this here)

Can I just say that I love both Jott and Scemma?

The way this forums behaves, I feel like I'm not just a minority on this but an outright weirdo.

I think Jean and Scott are soul mates, but Jott was heading in a bad direction.
    Largely because of Scott. He was still too repressed and withdrawn with Jean, despite her loving encouragement.
    He needed Emma's 'tough love' approach to directly confront his issues and become an actual person.

I was sad to see Scemma end, but I was satisfied with the way it did.
    I was very disappointed to see Emma turn crazy villain once Scott died.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

You know what, let's go over every woman Cyclops has been even slightly romantically entangled with/hinted at that I can think of. Even AU and time-displaced selves and ****.

Colleen Wing. Could kick his ass any day of the week. She's a top-tier martial artist and Cyke's H2H skills don't even compare.
    Psylocke. Top-tier TP/TK and much much more skilled H2H combatant than Cyke.
    Maddie. Seemed normal at first, but then turns out to be ultra-powerful Goblin Queen.
    Frenzy. Superhuman strength and durability. Cyke's blast don't effect her at all from what I know.
    X-23. Healing factor, superior H2H combatant.
    Polaris(Ultimate X-Men). Do I even need to explain?
    Storm(one AU story in Astonishing). It's Storm. I hope I don't need to explain.
    Bloodstorm. It's Storm with Vampire powers.

But you know, Cyclops' women aren't allowed to be powerful.

Nobody said that women that had a relationship with Cyclops weren't allowed to be powerful.
    The serious relationshio with women he had, the 3 women took a hit because of him:
    Maddie: became a viilain
    Emma: went crazy
    Jean: dead for 14 years

I really think he was very insecure because of Jean powers and personality

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    (Meant to post this here)

Can I just say that I love both Jott and Scemma?

The way this forums behaves, I feel like I'm not just a minority on this but an outright weirdo.

I think Jean and Scott are soul mates, but Jott was heading in a bad direction.
    Largely because of Scott. He was still too repressed and withdrawn with Jean, despite her loving encouragement.
    He needed Emma's 'tough love' approach to directly confront his issues and become an actual person.

I was sad to see Scemma end, but I was satisfied with the way it did.
    I was very disappointed to see Emma turn crazy villain once Scott died.
    I agree with this entire post.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    By the early 90, there wasn't really any attraction, as i said, Jean was a regular guest start in Logan solo after X-Tincion Agenda (their second kiss hapenned there), during Larry Hama's run that lasted from 91 to 97, she basically was helping him with the fake memory implants, she was his nurse/therapist/friend that tried to be there for him as much as she could and was very fearfull of his feral regression but there was never any hint of anything romantic beyond the AoA universe (wicth doesn't reallh count) and when she goes to Logan in Morrison's run, is not really about then, is ablut Scott and their problems, again i don't justify it but i kind of see the narrative and is one of the many reasons of why he stop her and tells her that "it would have never worked between us".

As for Jogan itself, honestly outside the AOA universe, i think that is a very toxic relationship that doesn't do any good for then.
    I get it. I mean Like u said I’m not justifying Jeans action but even when she pursued Logan for an affair it was more about her marital problem and her feeling lonely. It’s not right but it’s what usually happens in marriages .. we look comfort outside when things are going south.

Scott did the same thing, he sought outside comfort and help.

I can recall during NXM ... Logan was trying to help them both. But oh well, none of them listen to the one century old guy.

If only they had communicated better. Morrison really failed at presenting their bond and also their fall out. It was poorly executed.

BANNED

Nobody said that women that had a relationship with Cyclops weren't allowed to be powerful.
    The serious relationshio with women he had, the 3 women took a hit because of him:
    Maddie: became a viilain
    Emma: went crazy
    Jean: dead for 14 years

I really think he was very insecure because of Jean powers and personality
    You lost all credibility there.There's nothing to discuss with you about.