Page 43 of 190 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Funny enougth Hama sort of mocked the idea in his run, in Wolverine #51, Jubilee saw Logan in a cheap motel with a woman and runs away when it realized that it was Jean, next page is revealed that the woman was Mystique disguised as Jean to mess with Logan and Jubilee returns to the mansion to find out that Jean has been jogging there foe a quite a while and hug her in relief, it was a pretty funny moment .

I think that Morrison was really the time for Jogan to happen if it actually would (not something that i personally wanted, but i could see how), right now thougth, is pretty obvious that Marvel doesn't have much interest on it.
    You could say Morrison was a good time for Jogan to happen, but he seemed to have no interest in it. Said at the San Diego con in 2001. There is no Scott/Jean/Logan triangle. I repeat there is no Scott/Jean/Logan triangle. Said it just like that with the repeat. I remember it.

He was true to his word. Problem is he did worse with Scemma. Well, worse for Jott fans, anyway.
    Since I was one perhaps I'm not entirely objective in this assessment. Still how I saw it. I always thought of Mariko as the love of his life. Brought out all his best qualities.

I tell ya, I see a lot of things ascribed to Quesada that I never saw him say. I mean back then and for a few years after Jean died.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The logistics of a relationship. I think Logan would still be easier than a character outside of x-men.

Uncanny next team will probably have the next romance Jean will have, pls it is time marvel to give her a romance
    Do it marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    You know what? Question me when you can admit that she was literally replaced. Lol.

And no, Jott and future kids are not the only things I can think of to do with Jean. Be more imaginative.
    The truth is that I'm not sure what you were trying to say here:

"I find it mostly to be about the appearance of one part of the duo and not so much about either of the characters/personalities involved. As I said earlier, I think you could swap out Jean for literally any female character and most would be fine."

So if you could clarify this, I'll be happy to respond. I can't "admit that she was literally replaced" until I know what we're talking about exactly. Romantically? Narratively? By Maddie? Emma?

I can think of plenty of things to do with Jean's stories - even some, you'll be happy to hear, that have nothing to do with Scott. I was being facetious and trying to make the point that if Jean were truly always hurt by being attached to Scott she wouldn't have such a large fandom or such a huge place among the X-Men's mythology. She didn't get popular or grow as a character because of or despite Scott - she got there with him. And that's coming from someone who isn't known to be a Jott shipper.

BANNED

Time to rename the thread maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't want to sound weird but... you're so nice, with Jean fans, Scott fans, Logan, jott, scemma, everybody. Always respectful, i have never see you treat bad anybody, or hold a grudge for fictional characters.

You deserve better than being caught in this horrible drama.
    I agree, you rock TheCape.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Time to rename the thread maybe?
    To what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    To what?
    Jott misappreciation thread?

That's not even a word,is it?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Jott misappreciation thread?

That's not even a word,is it?
    Depreciation is the word you're looking for, and that wouldn't be appropriate because there's some appreciation for Jott in here too. Even if there is some vocal depreciation.

Do you have a preference?

I agree, you rock TheCape.

To what?
    Heh... thanks . You rock to Hizashi

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    You could say Morrison was a good time for Jogan to happen, but he seemed to have no interest in it. Said at the San Diego con in 2001. There is no Scott/Jean/Logan triangle. I repeat there is no Scott/Jean/Logan triangle. Said it just like that with the repeat. I remember it.

He was true to his word. Problem is he did worse with Scemma. Well, worse for Jott fans, anyway.
    Since I was one perhaps I'm not entirely objective in this assessment. Still how I saw it. I always thought of Mariko as the love of his life. Brought out all his best qualities.

I tell ya, I see a lot of things ascribed to Quesada that I never saw him say. I mean back then and for a few years after Jean died.
    I mostly agreed with this, especially the part about Mariko, most Wolverine fans also agreed, except for some that prefer him with Jean, truly she brougth his best qualities.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

this thread is mostly about deppreciation. some people hate scott/jott/jean, mostly scott come here to bash him, then some of his fans get offended and try to argue/ try to reason, then the people who dislike him answer again, this goes indefinitely, without goal or purpose. by the same people.

there was none appreciating the relationship but me and i don't know why i'm even trying.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-15-2018 at 08:53 PM.

BANNED

Depreciation is the word you're looking for, and that wouldn't be appropriate because there's some appreciation for Jott in here too. Even if there is some vocal depreciation.
    Thank you.

this thread is mostly about deppreciation. some people hate scott/jott/jean, mostly scott come here to bash him, then some of his fans get offended and try to argue/ try to reason, then the people who dislike him answer again, this goes indefinitely, without goal or purpose. by the same people.

there was none appreciating the relationship but me and i don't know why i'm even trying.
    If it makes you feel better, i think that right now Marvel is as interested in Jott as you, yeah i'm sure that some Scott and Jean fans would never be happy with that, but i think that there is a lot lf goodwill to it right now.

If the conversations were mainly about the strengths and weaknesses of the various permutations available with these characters, that would be fine in my book. I just can't abide by Scott being vilified unfairly (in my view).

I am sorry that this all has upset you, and while I'm not exactly a strong shipper (at least in regards to mainstream comics), I do appreciate Jott. I was only 10 years old when Morrison concluded his run, and when I read it, I wanted Jott to triumph; I've never argued that the dissolution of their relationship made sense or was in-character.

I like Jott. I actually like it more than Scemma. Jean and Scott worked together in a way no other couple in the X-universe has ever matched. That is when they were happiest.

I liked Scemma because it was when Emma actually trusted a living person that wasn't her brother. It allowed her to be better than she was before because she could count on Scott (and Kitty) to hold her darker impulses in check.

I think Jogan is toxic. It's a relationship born of jealousy and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I like Jott. I actually like it more than Scemma. Jean and Scott worked together in a way no other couple in the X-universe has ever matched. That is when they were happiest.

I liked Scemma because it was when Emma actually trusted a living person that wasn't her brother. It allowed her to be better than she was before because she could count on Scott (and Kitty) to hold her darker impulses in check.

I think Jogan is toxic. It's a relationship born of jealousy and anger.
    Althougth i do consider it toxic as a romance, i disagreed that it was born out of jealousy or anger.