Page 46 of 190 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

This whole thread tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    This whole thread tho.
    Is a freaking mess. I do applaud SpiderClops for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Is a freaking mess. I do applaud SpiderClops for trying though.
    And Hizashi, don't forget Hizashi.

Mighty Member

This whole thread tho.
    Without this thread, the argument will just cycle up every few months in the Scott, Jean, Emma, and Jott appreciation threads and take them over.

Here, at least, the butthurt can be concentrated in one place, and people can engage or not engage as they see fit. Realistically, it's the least bad option.

This whole thread tho.
    Lol, all started because i didn't want to respond to AHRNIHAL in the Cyclops threads, i have fun thougth

Edit: Well restarted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm just going to leave these three posts here. Your arguments are... something.
    I don't see anything contradicting on my statements. Scott seemed like a safe choice? sure. Nobody would say that he would become a cheater

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    And Hizashi, don't forget Hizashi.
    Yes. They're both heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Without this thread, the argument will just cycle up every few months in the Scott, Jean, Emma, and Jott appreciation threads and take them over.

Here, at least, the butthurt can be concentrated in one place, and people can engage or not engage as they see fit. Realistically, it's the least bad option.
    True. It's best to keep the crazy as localized as possible.

I don't know how to respond to this. I'm embarrassed. Like, I'm just a guy posting some stuff about fictional relationships on a messageboard.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Lol, all started because i didn't want to respond to AHRNIHAL in the Cyclops threads, i have fun thougth

Edit: Well restarted anyway.
    Lmao I remember.

Thing is, no one is willing to listen. So we will just have to learn to agree to disagree

Mighty Member

True. It's best to keep the crazy as localized as possible.
    Hahah I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I apologize, I don't quite understand what you're saying here. I might be wrong, but if you're arguing that Maddie was turned into the villain for Scott - that ignores the fact that it was damage control for Marvel and Claremont's infamously poor decisions behind the scenes. Maddie was doomed the second that Jott was going to make a comeback - but until then the relationship was perfectly fine.
    I know very well it was a damage control, because Jean was back and they wanted JOtt. But they also needed a good reason for Scott look better than Maddie.
    This would be the start of the pattern of using women to make Scott look better

Emma was written horrifically OOC at the end of IvX, because she was clearly the heroine for a majority of the narrative and Marvel couldn't have that. So they basically waved their hands and said "Isn't it wild that Emma is so evil again and behind all of the horrible stuff that's happened? Hope you guys buy that, because we aren't backing down!" - but you just have to read the description of Black Bolt and Medusa together among their prospering people after being virtually apathetic to the deaths of innocent mutants to see that Marvel somehow crafted a story that is more inane than AvX.

The only way that Scott affected Emma in all of this was that they were going to use his death to motivate her to supreme villainy - but the reaction to that must have been so negative or there was someone behind the scenes who intervened because they ultimately didn't go all-in on that idea.
    Marvel only gave her the role of mutant savior because the intention was start turning her into a villain. JDW already said that he likes her as a villain.
    I really didn't thought it was that OOC to Emma get loose and start killing people, she didn't had anyone that could stop her. Havok was inverted, Scott dead, she wasn't friends with any x-men.
    This is what happens when women get invlved with Scott, they get the short end of the stick
    That's his own idea and one that a plurality of fans disagree with. Even if he thinks that Jean isn't worthy of her own stories, even if he thinks that Scott can only move forward with her out of the books, even if he thinks that Jean can't be around so Scemma can flourish, that's only his opinion. He doesn't speak for Scott fans and his opinions do not reflect and are not indicative of Scott fans in general - it's a shame that he was in charge through all of this, there's plenty of fans who disliked many of the decisions he made, and his treatment of Jean is definitely one of them.

I would've loved to read the X-books with Jean alive and Scemma still going on precisely because some people think that it's not possible/probable. In fact, Jott fans are the ones I've seen who argue most ardently that they can't be alive simultaneously and not be together - which is fine, I respect their opinion.
    It doesn't matter what fans think, Quesada was the one with power. Even after he was gone as EiC it still got more 6 years to get Jean back.
    Even Jean got back after Scott died. Marvel politics seems obvious here

I don't know how Scemma would work, Scott would never let Jean go if he really loved her. He let his son and his wife to see Jean. And then he was gonna to leave Jean because of Emma? really?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, 46 pages of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't know how to respond to this. I'm embarrassed. Like, I'm just a guy posting some stuff about fictional relationships on a messageboard.
    It was an honest comment and I respect the both of you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

This thread is the Mr. Misery from Aaron's Doctor Strange. We need to keep the arguments here for the sake of our sanities or else the appreciation threads will be derailed and receive the mod-smack.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This thread is the Mr. Misery from Aaron's Doctor Strange. We need to keep the arguments here for the sake of our sanities or else the appreciation threads will be derailed and receive the mod-smack.
    That still doesn't sound very healthy.