Page 31 of 190 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm a shipper myself but i think it's important to understand that marvel treats romance pretty bad. One day they act like Jean and Scott are totally in love, the next she likes wolverine, the next they are in together again, the next scott likes emma and next day jean and scott are OTP again, tomorrow they will say that Jean's OTP is wolverine or other guy and after that they will say that Jean and Scott are totally in love. that's the marvel way and it sucks.
    it doesn't make sense that i say this but it's maybe something that one shouldn't have to take too serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Of course I know these forums. They don't want Jean dating Cyclops, but also don't want her dating any other man,

Jean having another relationship is a thing that needs to happen. That would be justice
    and she should date Steve Rogers. That would be on point

having a affair and a relationship with Emma
    Cap is definitely her type, but he is already with other girl

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I mean Scott is not perfect. Everyone messed up in tat fiasco but Scott is being trash talked the most. Pity the poor guy
    I have come to believe that Scott is the Krilin of this fandom, with the way that some talk about him. Personally speaking, i don't hate Scott and i would never act like he was the only to blame on this mess (again, Emma and Jean aren't innocent), but him kissing Emma over Jean's grave left a sour taste on my mouth, so i can get the dislike to an extent. I would never buy the narrative that he is some sort of demon to women thougth, i like him enougth to get pass that, just not a fan of Scemma.

BANNED

Of course I know these forums. They don't want Jean dating Cyclops, but also don't want her dating any other man,

Jean having another relationship is a thing that needs to happen. That would be justice
    and she should date Steve Rogers. That would be on point

having a affair and a relationship with Emma
    Cap? Blegh! Thor/Jean for the win! Lol

That she still cared about the marriage and about Scott? that she was trying to be a wife to Scott?

Morrison choose to kill Jean, because he didn't need her on future stories. He wanted to keep her dead because that is how dark phoenix should end.

I don't think I refuse to do , it's just that one character was really on the wrong.
    Jean wasn’t trying, she dismisses Scott’s worries. When she didn’t get what she wanted she almost made a serious mistake. Scott cared about the marriage, evidenced by his refusal to have a physical affair with Emma, and his admittedly poor attempts to talk to her.

He chose to kill her because that’s what does, plays with the histories of the characters he’s writing, his run was over after the next arc and he setup Jean for more; it’s on Marvel that they did nothing with Jean, not Morrison or Scott.

You focus only on the sins of Scott and hand-wave those of Jean; you aren’t giving them equal consideration by any standard that I’m aware of.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I have come to believe that Scott is the Krilin of this fandom, with the way that some talk about him. Personally speaking, i don't hate Scott and i would never act like he was the only to blame on this mess (again, Emma and Jean aren't innocent), but him kissing Emma over Jean's grave left a sour taste on my mouth, so i can get the dislike to an extent. I would never buy the narrative that he is some sort of demon to women thougth, i like him enougth to get pass that, just not a fan of Scemma.
    Lmao Krillin! Don’t bring weebness here xD I’m just messing lol

But yea ... ur arguments r usually unbiased, so u cool!
    He kissed Emma on top of Jeans grave ... cz Jean made it happen. These two women ganged up on him ... Emma taking advantage of his psychological state n Jean abusing her power to make him pursue a relationship. I’m reaching asf xD but everyone seems to do it so why not lel

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Do you see these threads? They would freak the heck out, which is a top 10 reason she should be in a new ship. Bring the sexist "Cyclops owns her and she should be either with him or dead" rule to a screeching, screaming end, man-babies be damned.

This is one of those progressive things that needs to happen for story AND meta reasons.

Really bring this franchise into 2018.
    Don’t make me laugh. There is only one group of fans who believe that Jean belongs with Scott: the same ones who believe that Scott belongs with Jean. There’s a vocal part of the fandom who don’t want Jott to happen, and this assertion is pretty egregious. Don’t ascribe your views to the fans or the characters.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Do you see these threads? They would freak the heck out, which is a top 10 reason she should be in a new ship. Bring the sexist "Cyclops owns her and she should be either with him or dead" rule to a screeching, screaming end, man-babies be damned.

This is one of those progressive things that needs to happen for story AND meta reasons.

Really bring this franchise into 2018.
    The ones who would get offended for Jean hooking up with other guy are mostly part of the scott fandom that are scemma shippers because they feel cheated and that would make them happy because it secures their OTP. Nobody is asking for Jean to stay dead. I'm a jott fan and i'm not saying she shouldn't date anybody else. You're projecting into the wrong people.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-14-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Oh, I don't hold anything against them too. Just stating I admire your patience and your thoughts. So, you're welcome
    Right, I didn’t mean to imply that you had anything against them! My bad, lol.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Don’t make me laugh. There is only one group of fans who believe that Jean belongs with Scott: the same ones who believe that Scott belongs with Jean. There’s a vocal part of the fandom who don’t want Jott to happen, and this assertion is pretty egregious. Don’t ascribe your views to the fans or the characters.
    Not true. I like Jott and Scemma, but I don't like any other Jean ships. Scott is the only person I see with Jean, but I see Scott with Emma just as well.

Jean and Cap, though, I'd love to see a prominent Avenger and prominent X-Man associated like that. You'd have to do it right, but in-universe I think it could go a long way. I've always wanted to see the super-teams work in tandem better. Give me an end-of-the-universe scenario where the Avengers actually try to contact the arguably more powerful team.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Lmao Krillin! Don’t bring weebness here xD I’m just messing lol

But yea ... ur arguments r usually unbiased, so u cool!
    He kissed Emma on top of Jeans grave ... cz Jean made it happen. These two women ganged up on him ... Emma taking advantage of his psychological state n Jean abusing her power to make him pursue a relationship. I’m reaching asf xD but everyone seems to do it so why not lel
    Believe me, is pretty accurate lol.

Thanks, i like to think that i'm reasonable, but i admit that i do had my bias lol.

I always saw that as Jean taking away his guilt more than anything, not his freedom of choice, wicth is why i really don't like that scene, i get why people like Scemma, but is difficult for me to feel anything for it. But you know what, maybe your theory true lol.

Mighty Member

Jean n Cap? I schleep

If you feel that way about a AU story that is easy to skip with zero importance, imagien the Jean fans that had to see Scott saying that he didn't needed Jean and that Emma was everything he needed?
    Editors and writers saying Jean was better off dead and that she was a hidrance to Scott development?
    Scemma crapped big on Jean.

If Jean thought it was without importance, she wouldn't burn Emma because of it.
    you probably think the kiss was far worse than a telepathic affair to say it.

A telepathic affair on astral plane is just like real sex. Scott was just doing what he could get away
    Guess what? I’m not okay with Jean being crapped on for Scemma either. It’s wrong no matter who it happens to, so of course I won’t like it no matter where it happens. The nature of it in RYV was unnecessary, it’s bad. Editors don’t speak for Scott fans, why is this so hard to understand?

I don’t think that at all, you could ask me to clarify if you’re confused about what I think. For one, Emma was being burned until Jean found out the affair wasn’t physical; then she deflated completely. Two, again, it doesn’t matter how you feel about the psychic affair, they don’t think it’s as serious as a physical one. And three, I don’t think the kids was worse than a psychic affair - I just think it’s also bad. You’re the one who thinks it’s not bad at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Believe me, is pretty accurate lol.

Thanks, i like to think that i'm reasonable, but i admit that i do had my bias lol.

I always saw that as Jean taking away his guilt more than anything, not his freedom of choice, wicth is why i really don't like that scene, i get why people like Scemma, but is difficult for me to feel anything for it. But you know what, maybe your theory true lol.
    Man I could never get into DBZ ... *dont hate me*

Yea reasonable n calm. Some people here .. get hella mad lol I never read a bias comment so ight

Jean did take away the guilt but also encouraged Emma to go to Scott.
    I don’t mind Scemma ... and I don’t mind Morrison breaking up Jott but it started with an affair, and deception. Like Emma went in just to piss off Jean. That’s my only problem. Bad execution.

Yea reasonable n calm. Some people here .. get hella mad lol I never read a bias comment so ight

I don’t mind Scemma ... and I don’t mind Morrison breaking up Jott but it started with an affair, and deception. Like Emma went in just to piss off Jean. That’s my only problem. Bad execution.
    My god Vegeta, bluma and yamcha lol

Ha!! don't worry

I don't remember if Jean encouraged Emma, but yeah i don't mind if they break up, not because i hate it but because i never really was invested on it, they are fine thougth and it kind of bothers me when people lie about how it was because they don't like it.