Page 27 of 190 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't see anything modern about Scott and Emma, that is more a Man going thought his middle age crisis.

Just ak Quesada why Jean didn't came back: because Scott was dating Emma and people were liking that.

Jean who?
    Never say that theu were, just than that was his reasoning. Regardless, editors and writers changed, is obvious that the current crow doesn't think the same.

Mighty Member

he didn't really talked with her. He was emotionally and phisically distant of Jean. scott refused to talk about what was going on with him.A
    ok it’s been a very long time since I read NXM but I recall Jean making few attempts to reconnect n help her husband. She was also busy with her Phoenix power. Morrison even stated that Jean wasn’t being a wife to Scott ... the problem was that Morrison messed up not representing/showing how Jean wasn’t attending to her husband needs. It was a misrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    ok it’s been a very long time since I read NXM but I recall Jean making few attempts to reconnect n help her husband. She was also busy with her Phoenix power. Morrison even stated that Jean wasn’t being a wife to Scott ... the problem was that Morrison messed up not representing/showing how Jean wasn’t attending to her husband needs. It was a misrepresented.
    Well, Jean had her own thing going on. Sorry if she wasn't the sex doll Morrsion wanted Jean to be. She tried to help Scott and Scott refused, she wasn't his mom to be 100% of her time on him.

For me it was Scott that wasn't being Jean's husband, that was on the books instead of what Morrison said on interviews. This talks more about how the writer view and live his relationships

Well, Jean had her own thing going on. Sorry if she wasn't the sex doll Morrsion wanted Jean to be. She tried to help Scott and Scott refused, she wasn't his mom to be 100% of her time on him.

For me it was Scott that wasn't being Jean's husband, that was on the books instead of what Morrison said on interviews. This talks more about how the writer view and live his relationships
    That is completely not how marriage works... at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That is completely not how marriage works... at all.
    I don't think who wrote these books also understood

For those who think Jean wouldn't be allowed to flourish with Scott well... what makes you think she'd be allowed to do so with Wolverine? Who is arguably the face of the X-Men? Writer's are much more likely to prop her up at the expense of Cyclops than they are at the expense of Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    For those who think Jean wouldn't be allowed to flourish with Scott well... what makes you think she'd be allowed to do so with Wolverine? Who is arguably the face of the X-Men? Writer's are much more likely to prop her up at the expense of Cyclops than they are at the expense of Logan.
    I think that they care more about Jean having other type of relationship that isn't like the one she has with Scott (the stable and dependable couple of the group), than anything else, not many Jean fans are into and i can count with one finger how many Wolverine fans here are actually interested. Personally speaking, i don't like A-List solo characthers dating heroines, is very easy to miss the mark with those romances and you end running in the same problem than Superman and WW had while dating.

Want something novel for Jean? I propose making her a cosmic hero and pairing her with Richard Rider.

BANNED

Wolverine means something entirely different as a character.

For instance, no writers/editors are going to freak out about Wolverine's alpha status at the thought of a character he's been paired with being paired with a different character.

It's a more relaxed character in general and one that doesn't have to have constant narrative focus. Editorial wouldn't have to be heavy-handed because people are already into Wolverine.

BANNED

Duh.
    10char.

BANNED

I wonder what happened with storm when she was with logan.

Or the reason they don't let him pair up with more prominent woman.

Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Ah man, that pairing has potential, but sadly Marvel took every wrong decision with it, sadly they screwed it up, like they have done with any romance that Storm has been involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    All of this is in the stories and reiterated in that Morrison interview someone already quoted. If the writer saying a character was killed to move another character in a different direction doesn't prove that a character was killed to move another character in a different direction, I don't know what to tell ya lol.

In fact, the quotes weren't even needed. Not sure why he was even spoon-feeding so hard in that interview. New X-Men is entirely self-explanatory.
    Your assertion doesn’t prove causation, and the quote from Morrison doesn’t either. The only thing that Jean’s death “allowed” was Scott being with Emma; if Jean’s presence wouldn’t have affected Scott’s plot, then she wasn’t killed for him. You’re reading what you want to read.

You’ve actually asserted that Scott is what held Jean back but that can’t be simultaneously true with the idea that her presence would’ve prevented him from being the lead that he was for the last few years. Either they both held each other back or neither one of them held the other back.

he didn't really talked with her. He was emotionally and phisically distant of Jean. scott refused to talk about what was going on with him.

that still a lot of women

Scott formed a team to kill people, this is get loose for me

I could get behind a fairy tale, if writers didn't screw uo it in favor of one character.

Never saw Cyclops supporting her growth. I don't think she was so important that writers bothered about it

he could get concerned, but I didn't saw him supporting her. A
    Just because Scott’s words weren’t good enough for you doesn’t mean he didn’t talk. Jean explained things to him and they were interrupted before they could get any further.

“Women” in this case probably refers to the handful he’s been with, and it doesn’t mean a majority; he has unique qualities that might be generically attractive to women.

X-Force was formed under serious consequences; maybe Jean would’ve stopped him, but that’s not the same thing.

What do you mean by support exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post

Or the reason they don't let him pair up with more prominent woman.

Food for thought.
    Logan died and storm continued to have her own stories. Really awful stuff

Want something novel for Jean? I propose making her a cosmic hero and pairing her with Richard Rider.
    Jean got cosmic since phoenix. Rider has a good story with Gamora
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-14-2018 at 03:20 PM.