Page 19 of 190 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Sometimes, i wonder if people read the same comics that i did, because Jesus the reaching here is jist astounding.
    Same comics, different angles. For some people everything's about Jean, for some everything's about Scott.

I didn't see Logan fans or Emma fans fight so hard about this rectangle mess, guess Jean n Scott do need to be less dependent on each other. Good thing that it's happening now.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Ultimate Member

I'm intrigued by what sort of situation would have to develop for Emma and Logan to become a couple. They more or less hold each other in contempt, and yet they are very similar in their ruthless pragmatism, willingness to cross other people's moral event horizons to 'get the job done,' and temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm intrigued by what sort of situation would have to develop for Emma and Logan to become a couple. They more or less hold each other in contempt, and yet they are very similar in their ruthless pragmatism, willingness to cross other people's moral event horizons to 'get the job done,' and temperament.
    Bordeline impossible, she thinks that he is gross and unapealling and he doesn't have a lot of patience for her, it ends in murder-suicide from my point of view

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Emma/Logan is a big no.

I don't think marvel is really interested in pairing emma with anybody but scott, which are good news for scemma but bad news for emma if they want to drop scemma.

Logan's status is totally different, He is very, very popular and marvel doesn't really like their top heroes in super serious romances, see Spidey, Iron man, Thor, even cap has had more love interest than just Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Bordeline impossible, she thinks that he is gross and unapealling and he doesn't have a lot of patience for her, it ends in murder-suicide from my point of view
    Yeah. They would never work, Emma wasn't happy that she was on Logan suxual fantasies

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Jean Grey should be with a more self-confident and naturally interesting character, period.

The "oh I'm dying so he can have a storyline" crap is old and sexist.

Besides that, it's time to move on from Jott because this isn't the 60s. Every character has gotten to move on except Jean (and now Emma, inevitably) because fans in the Marvel offices are hyper-sensitive about Cyke's manhood.

Crazy that she's in this holding pattern because dudes watch too many harem animes.
    Except that Jean wasn't killed to further a story for Cyclops; the one time you could argue that that happened is at the end of Morrison's run, but really, he just wanted to marathon through the X-Men's greatest hits and Marvel made the choice to keep her on the bench. There's no proof that she's ever been killed to benefit Cyclops, causation and correlation are not the same thing.

You use sarcasm as if Jean has never been killed to feed Scott's ego, which was literally the point of killing her off and saying that the world would end if Scott doesn't get laid by someone else. That's not even an exaggeration of the story.
    That is an exaggeration of the story; it was clear that Scott simply needed an anchor, and Jean had previously seen that Emma loved Scott - plus Endsong posited that Scott was going to choose her (even if it's no longer canon), so it's not like Jean knew she had to set him up with some random chick to save the universe. He needed a reason not to walk away from the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    It is a fact that Jean was emotionally cheating and made few attempts to support/help Scott’s after apocalypse possession. But it’s a stretch to say that she had a full blown affair or that she loved Logan as much much as Scott.
    I've never stated she had a full-blown affair nor that she loved Logan as much as Scott; I've said (and been mocked for saying) that I consider kissing cheating, it's pretty bad in my book, and that the books have at least thrown it out there that the love she feels for Logan is in the same category as the love she feels for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jean has been "fridged" grand total of one time. And even that instance is highly debatable.

And this isn't opinion. It's a fact.

If you point out to DPS as 'woman in refrigerator' trope, then you have no idea of what that trope is.
    Yep, exactly.

Even if we don't pay any attention to DPS, Maddie, or Endsong ( where they killed her again just to make sure we got the point and noticed that the Phoenix was now about Scott and Emma) the trope itself is still tired as hell and Jean hasn't been allowed anything besides that. And why should we be pretending HCT wasn't quite ostensibly a woman-in-a-refrigerator story? It was even super-meta about how Jean was being killed off so Cyclops can get a different relationship. Lol
    Morrison was doing what he always does, ripping through as much history as he could and setting things up for other writers to use (which they never do); maybe you read it differently, but I got the sense that Jean was going to be doing something major and cosmic in this other place that she was in after her death/rebirth in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Apparently anyone who likes Cyclops either self-inserts as the character or just doesn't have good taste. You learn something new everyday here.

Jean was killed and kept dead because Quesada didn't want her alive and Alonso kept it that way. People blame Cyclops without realizing he has as much agency as her and isn't a fourth wall breaking demon who makes his way into writer's minds. Jean should be allowed to develop without Scott and thank God it's being done now. We don't live in the 2000s anymore, no matter how much DC tries to bring back the edgefest, so she'll be fine.
    I think that we all can agree that Jean last dead benefited Scott and was a women in refrigerator situation.

I'm pretty happy with Jeanhaving her chance, even if it looks like it will falls short

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Oh believe me, I don't take them personally at all. I just realize and understand it's all you ever talk about and it gets a bit redundant.
    And? And maybe you should finally give it a rest because you're complaining and railing against it for Jean but then subtly endorsing it for Scott because you're mad at a make believe character.
    Actually, my favorite character is Jean but I like Scott too, I just don't feel the need to bash him any and every time his name gets brought up. I do appreciate what you're implying but it's incorrect, I don't self-insert as Scott. I've seen you allude to that as well when referring to fans of the character.
    It's actually fine to dislike a character, go for it! But what gets so incredibly exhausting is when you only have the same, tired reason every post you make about said character. At that point you're just doing too much.

I fully realize why Jean was killed off and ya know something? I don't blame a made up person for it. You have issue, then take it to Quesada or Morrison or whoever you want to demonize but you're blaming someone who isn't real. You're also acting like Scott does it all the time to Jean. I think Scott is an interesting character on his own, who never leaned on Jean to make himself interesting, that's your take on it and I disagree. Both characters are/were amazing and neither one takes any shine from the other, they can stand on their own. Now, I know you won't see it that way because...reasons but that's the way I see it.

Um, I never brought up anything about the affair so I'm going to ignore that the same way I'm sure you're going to ignore the fact that a Jean Grey fan is sticking up for Scott Summers.

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself.

How is Endsong not canon? The Cuckoo's got Phoenix fragment and it was used in AvX it was actually referenced twice in the main series
    Perceptions of what that creature was in Endsong may have changed as Brevvort called it a zombie. But otherwise everything else stays the same

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Morrison wanted to bring back Jean not long after her death. So no, she wasn't killed of just so that Cyclops could be in another relationship.
    Your entire post is full of so much win my friend.

I swear that Morrison mentioned his intention to bring back Jean somewhere before. I'll look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    How is Endsong not canon? The Cuckoo's got Phoenix fragment and it was used in AvX it was actually referenced twice in the main series
    Perceptions of what that creature was in Endsong may have changed as Brevvort called it a zombie. But otherwise everything else stays the same
    If you're asking me, I don't have proof of it, it's just been said by others so I wanted to preempt that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

I swear that Morrison mentioned his intention to bring back Jean somewhere before. I'll look for it.
    As someone who has collected all of Morrisons interviews he hasn't said that. He stopped talking about New X-Men. The most we have is he wanted to introduce a gifted human to the school

Thanks.101010

I don't think Morrison said it. What Morrison said is that he was going to do the Phoenix Saga done right and Jean would stay dead.

there is a lot of confunsion about this. People should ask about this on comic cons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    As someone who has collected all of Morrisons interviews he hasn't said that. He stopped talking about New X-Men. The most we have is he wanted to introduce a gifted human to the school
    He confirmed Ernst was supposed to be Cassandra rehabilitated, not that it wasn't obvious, last year or 2016, I think, so there are a few questions he still answers in his AMAs.