Page 101 of 190 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2846
    BANNED

At this point I'm almost waiting for White and Rosenberg to be reading this and to delve into SupremeClops as some have anticipating, just out of spite of Jean's fans projecting their insecurities on them.
    His word shall be the end all, be all for mutantkind
    Every mutant is at the mercy of his whims
    The whole X-Line shall be under the rule of his thumb.
    Dread it.
    Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same. And now it's here.
    Or will be in february

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because Jean fans fear that with Scott back he'll take control of the X-Men from her and push her back to little more than a supporting role rather than have her as the leader and give her a chance to shine...
    The idea that all of then have been overeacting hasn't even come to you dude. Like, i don't have the same love for Cyclops that a good chunk of this forum had (thougth i do like him), but is way too soon to be angsting of what is going to happen, when truly we don't have a freaking clue beyond assumptions.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Because Jean fans fear that with Scott back he'll take control of the X-Men from her and push her back to little more than a supporting role rather than have her as the leader and give her a chance to shine...
    I mean ... no character should take full control of the X-men
    Even cyclops fans don’t want him on every freakin’ book.

Writers should be able to write stories where all the characters get the chance to shine, no need to unscrew another character’s light bulb for the other to shine. Give equal good opportunities to everyone ... with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    At this point I'm almost waiting for White and Rosenberg to be reading this and to delve into SupremeClops as some have anticipating, just out of spite of Jean's fans projecting their insecurities on them.
    Dread it.
    Run from it.
    Or will be in february
    Pfft... is already heard, you just didn't noticed it. Logan of course is going to help to spread Cyke's word among mutakind as his first apostle
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

She doesn't even have to be leader for me. That "X-Man, use your powers to do this thing you shouldn't need orders to do" dialogue doesn't do anything for me really. I'd just like her to have a big role in stories that develop her individually, give her her own personal struggles and place her in situations with other fun characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bc his Kitty IS bad
    Well, his everything is bad, but Kitty is right in line with the ever-present leader, characterization/personality black holing we've seen with Scott, just to a less sustained degree.

We'll see how Rosenberg does, but eh...not looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-02-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Dread it.
    Run from it.
    Or will be in february
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Pfft... is already heard, you just didn't noticed it. Logan of course is going to help to spread Cyke's word among mutakind as his first apostle

But what about Jean?

These white misogynistic men taking leadership from women.

Ok I’ll stop

BANNED

Scott is the head, Logan is the fist.
    Their will shall be done. Hide the redheads and the beer, they're coming for both.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    But what about Jean?

These white misogynistic men taking leadership from women.

Ok I’ll stop
    No one will care about Ms. Grey when the Age of SupremeClops begin.
    Mutantkind will be united under the POWERFUL words of Lord Summers: "Girls are not welcome" and "Mutants don't need cooties". You just wait.

Mighty Member

No one will care about Ms. Grey when the Age of SupremeClops begin.
    Mutantkind will be united under the POWERFUL words of Lord Summers: "Girls are not welcome" and "Mutants don't need cooties". You just wait.
    Hahahahaha xDD

Not even concubines? I bet Jean would settle

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Well, his everything is bad, but Kitty is right in line with the ever-present leader, characterization/personality black holing we've seen with Scott, just to a less sustained degree.

We'll see how Rosenberg does, but eh...not looking forward to it.
    Kitty is bad across multiple titles. Guggs bad characterization wasnt limited to Gold as multiple writers just wrote her as an obnoxious bitch who's interactions with other characters was dismissive, demeaning and condescending. This was something consistent in her portrayal for the past year and half and its not simply bc she's leader as she just wasnt likeable in the slightest. We can disagree on the whole leadership thing but the way I just described Kitty didnt hold true for Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Ultimately everything comes down to execution. If Kitty doing everything of consequence in Gold had somehow been written well, I doubt we'd see the level of angst we did on that run.
    I doubt it. female characters get much more scrutinity than male
    If you go back and look at the Utopia era, Scott's panel time wasn't astronomical, but he was calling the shots. I think it was more the fact that he was involved in pretty much everything than it was that he was actually doing everything.
    He was running the show, that is it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty is bad across multiple titles. Guggs bad characterization wasnt limited to Gold as multiple writers just wrote her as an obnoxious bitch who's interactions with other characters was dismissive, demeaning and condescending. This was something consistent in her portrayal for the past year and half and its not simply bc she's leader as she just wasnt likeable in the slightest. We can disagree on the whole leadership thing but the way I just described Kitty didnt hold true for Scott
    I think the only book where she was ok was Red, due to limited panel time.
    We know about Guggs, Bunn wrote her going mad bc of Magneto, even though he had been on the X-Men sidr for years, and Rosenberg wrote her as completely dismissive of Alex's team. Did Pak ever write her since ResurXion? Wouldn't surprise me to know he kept the trend.

The idea that all of then have been overeacting hasn't even come to you dude. Like, i don't have the same love for Cyclops that a good chunk of this forum had (thougth i do like him), but is way too soon to be angsting of what is going to happen, when truly we don't have a freaking clue beyond assumptions.
    It's because you have nothing to fear. You wolverine, is very safe on his own;

I don't have the same track record with Jean

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    How is cyclops character presented? I really fail to see what’s in Cyclops character that will ruin Jeans development?

I mean, I am a Jean fan .. and I want her to have a good story n development but I fail to see how cyclops would not allow that.
    Jean had year without Cyclops and we saw no development or good story ... sooo?
    I'm confused with this as well. The only complaint I could see is that he wanted her to maintain her humanity and be careful when she reunited with the Phoenix. But, wasn't that also the point of the Dark Phoenix saga. To die and retain her humanity. I'm a bit lost on what Scott would do to hold her back.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I think the only book where she was ok was Red, due to limited panel time.
    We know about Guggs, Bunn wrote her going mad bc of Magneto, even though he had been on the X-Men sidr for years, and Rosenberg wrote her as completely dismissive of Alex's team. Did Pak ever write her since ResurXion? Wouldn't surprise me to know he kept the trend.
    Sina Grace didnt do her any favors in his current Iceman series and ditto for Kelly T on Rogue and Gambit earlier this year