Page 103 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Well, Jean was too stubborn to read his mind. All the mess would’ve been avoided if she wasn’t so stubborn.

And Scott is too repressed to say something.
    he could just not do it with Emma

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Yep. Jean just isn't good enough. It's best if she moves on so Cyclops can have someone better. Lol

Absent focusing on Cyke, we can continue with new narratives for Ms. Grey!
    But Scott screwed up too, so that puts them on a near even level.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he could just not do it with Emma
    I mean the situation wasn’t black and white.

There was manipulation and exploitation from Emma’s part. Scott wasn’t fully innocent n he acknowledge it, but Jean seems to have forgiven him n that’s good.

BANNED

Nothing more romantic than banging someone who looks pretty similar to your girlfriend after she dies.

Nothing more romantic than banging someone who mindraped your wife after she dies. (Oh wait, Jean was scapegoated for this too! Whoops!)

Nothing more romantic than banging someone who looks pretty similar to your girlfriend after she dies.

Nothing more romantic than banging someone who mindraped your wife after she dies. (Oh wait, Jean was scapegoated for this too! Whoops!)
    Those are pretty generic summaries of the events that took place. For the first one, its clearly pointed out to be the result of Mr. Sinister's manipulations. The second time, Jean manipulated him.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I mean the situation wasn’t black and white.

There was manipulation and exploitation from Emma’s part. Scott wasn’t fully innocent n he acknowledge it, but Jean seems to have forgiven him n that’s good.
    Forgive doesn't mean she has to forget. Of course Jean would forgive, wish writers gave her some backbone when it comes to Scott

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Those are pretty generic summaries of the events that took place. For the first one, its clearly pointed out to be the result of Mr. Sinister's manipulations. The second time, Jean manipulated him.
    She just said for him to "live"

even if we ignore it, he was banging Emma on their minds

Forgive doesn't mean she has to forget. Of course Jean would forgive, wish writers gave her some backbone when it comes to Scott

She just said for him to "live"

even if we ignore it, he was banging Emma on their minds
    True, but regardless of what she intended, had she not messed with his mind, nothing would have happened.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

True, but regardless of what she intended, had she not messed with his mind, nothing would have happened.
    But it already happened.

BANNED

Like I said, the way people like Cyclops presented isn't good for Jean (or the other X-Men).

A stronger, better character would carry the weight of choosing to move on with the woman who helped a creeper invade his wife, but since it was Scott, we got a convoluted way to make it the fault of the women. And that type of thing is par for the character's course.

Not my type of character at all.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-02-2018 at 03:16 PM.

But it already happened.
    In the minds, yes. But Scott clearly stated that he only desired Jean physically or nothing. I see the situation as Scott stupidly thinking that he could deal with his "dark" fantasies with Emma without hurting Jean. In the end, he still messed up but he obviously wasn't seeing the big picture and wasn't in a clear state of mind.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Like I said, the way people like Cyclops presented isn't good for Jean (or the other X-Men).

A stronger, better character would carry the weight of choosing to move on with the woman who helped a creeper invade his wife, but since it was Scott, we got a convoluted way to make it the fault of the women. And that type of thing is par for the character's course.

Are you referring to the situation with Madelyn or Emma?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Are you referring to the situation with Madelyn or Emma?
    Scott is weak tea that ultimately doesn't have to deal with consequenceses in both situations, but in only one of those situations did he decide (excuse me, Jean decided for him, ever so conveniently) to start up something with the woman who helped a creeper invade Jean's mind.

In the minds, yes. But Scott clearly stated that he only desired Jean physically or nothing. I see the situation as Scott stupidly thinking that he could deal with his "dark" fantasies with Emma without hurting Jean. In the end, he still messed up but he obviously wasn't seeing the big picture and wasn't in a clear state of mind.
    He didn't say he desired Jean, he said that phisically he wouldn't cheat on jean. He saw that he was cheating on Jean and then continued to do it. he knew, he wasn't manipulated by Emma.
    If he at least stopped doing it with Emma, it would at least give him some dignity

That is the saddest thing. Morrison couldn't even write something about Cyclops deciding, he had to put Jean character on the fire to do it for Scott.

JDW thinks that Jean made Scott go date Emma
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-02-2018 at 03:28 PM.

He didn't say he desired Jean, he said that phisically he wouldn't cheat on jean. He saw that he was cheating on Jean and then continued to do it. he knew, he wasn't manipulated by Emma.
    If he at least stopped doing it with Emma, it would at least give him some dignity
    He says, "it's Jean or nothing.". I'm not so sure he was completely in the right state of mind. He obviously knew what he was doing, but for what reason is never clarified. Considering the fantasy, I still think he wanted to deal with it in a way that removed Jean from being hurt. Yet, like I mentioned, it was stupid and she still was affected by his actions. However, it doesn't seem like he just wanted to cheat on Jean like she didn't want to fully cheat on him.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cyclops just messed up, i think that some of his fans obviously don't like what happened and even less being blamed for something they had no control over but that is the reality. It doesn't mean Jean is a bad influence for Cyclops or viceversa. they are usually good but of course they were treated very bad the last time (specially jean) and that is the last memory some people have of their interactions. But i believe even if it's romantic or not they will have good interactions in the future, even if they date other people. they will also be the closest and deeper relationship each other will have and there will always be something romantic between them (which i like)

I think is bad to find excuses (or blame jean) marvel just intentionally did their worst job to treat the whole thing. Cyclops should apologize and do his best to be a positive influence for Jean, to be there for her even if they are or not together.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-02-2018 at 04:08 PM.