Page 111 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I have to admit I geeked out at Wolver-Phoenix.
    I mean, it's flat-out terrible, but there's just this little part of me whispering "that is so awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee".
    Jason Aaron writes like Michael Bay directs: It doesn't have to make sense, but it would look amazing airbruished on the side of a panel van.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Jason Aaron writes like Michael Bay directs: It doesn't have to make sense, but it would look amazing airbruished on the side of a panel van.
    You've got a good point.

but it doesn't need to make sense when you have King Thor swinging Mjolnir infused with Old Man Phoenix while fighting Starbrand Iron Doom Supreme of Vengeance.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Yeah, that was the point I'm making. It's one of the more inconsistent things in Marvel.
    Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors.

By the way, how's your team doing? I don't know how the NBA works at all. Think you'll make the playoffs?
    I am so stealing this for my sign-off quote.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just like Scott knew what he was doing when he abandoned his wife and child...
    Whataboutism at its worst. And False equivalence.

Just like Scott knew what he was doing when he abandoned his wife and child...
    Except that isn't what happened... like at all...

King Thor swinging Mjolnir infused with Old Man Phoenix while fighting Starbrand Iron Doom Supreme of Vengeance is the kind of cool stuff X-Books aren't allowed to have anymore.

I have to admit I geeked out at Wolver-Phoenix.
    I mean, it's flat-out terrible, but there's just this little part of me whispering "that is so awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee".
    Huh, every cell in my body groaned when I saw it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Whataboutism at its worst. And False equivalence.
    Only saying that Scott wasn't exactly one to have the moral high ground on Logan either...

Only saying that Scott wasn't exactly one to have the moral high ground on Logan either...
    What do you think whataboutism and false equivalence means?

And yes, Scott had, has and always will have the moral high ground than Logan. Are you seriously suggesting whatever Scott did to Madelyne is morally worse than sexual assault?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Last time that i check, Scott was a mature man that was able to make his own decisions and in the case of X-Factor, he did that, not to the extent that some haters make it seen to be sure, but it was. Ask any Cyclops fan in this forum and they all would pretty much tell you that it was his screw up.
    She cast a spell on him, why do you think Cyclops married Jeans look alike? That kind of behaviour is unexplanatory, no one in their right mind would marry their dead girlfriends look alike which led me to believe that Jean cast a spell on Cyclops that stopped him from moving on. Thank God for Emma the telepath she undid it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    What?

Jean didn't steal Scott. He and Maddie were already having issues because he wanted to lead the X-Men after he found out Magneto was running the school in Xavier's absence. He tried for leader but was beaten by Storm. Jean wasn't involved in that.

Scott and Maddie were on rocky footing when they went back to Anchorage which was when he found out Jean was alive from Warren. He never said a thing to his wife, he packed and began to leave which was when Maddie gave him the ultimatum, if you leave, don't bother coming back. He left. Jean had nothing to do with that either.

Jean wanted to reform the team and Scott got caught up in the excitement, the need to lead. During that time, he didn't tell Jean he was married and he made the boys promise not to tell her either. Not Jean's fault.

When Jean finally finds out about Maddie, from the boys btw, not from Scott, she has to confront him to get him to tell her and when she learns that he's married, she tells him to go find his wife and be with his family. Please tell me how she's a homewrecker? You talk like as soon as she came back she seduced Scott away from his marriage and spit in Maddie's face over it. Not what happened.
    I’m sure Jean and Cyclops were intimate when he was still married. After they find out Maddie was “dead” it didn’t take a minute for Jean grey to jump on his sheets and also she took the mother role from Maddie which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaKat View Post
    I’m sure Jean and Cyclops were intimate when he was still married. After they find out Maddie was “dead” it didn’t take a minute for Jean grey to jump on his sheets and also she took the mother role from Maddie which is sad.
    Not true. Scott first learned Maddie was dead after Mutant Massacre. He and Jean dont get together. They only do after the second time they learn Maddie was dead (Fall of the Mutants).

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I am so stealing this for my sign-off quote.
    I’m flattered.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not true. Scott first learned Maddie was dead after Mutant Massacre. He and Jean dont get together. They only do after the second time they learn Maddie was dead (Fall of the Mutants).
    Are you sure? I remember during the early issues of X-Factor these two were always making out to the point of disgust and Scott was still technically married.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaKat View Post
    Are you sure? I remember during the early issues of X-Factor these two were always making out to the point of disgust and Scott was still technically married.
    They shared one kiss right before Scott went to Alaska and nothing until they saw Maddie die on tv in Dallas. There wasnt any "always making out" in the arly issues of X-Factor. They got into a relationship around X-Factor 25