Page 118 of 190 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    But, you see, the only reason he stuck around with Emma after she "took advantage of him" was because jEaN mAdE sCoTt Do It! Lmao

And people want Jean to be stuck to this character again lol just awful.

That reference to Emma being everything Scott needed was during the Gillen run. And PhOeNiX fOrCe MaDe HiM sAy That.
    I've argued that Jean did indeed make Scott give Emma a chance - but she didn't make him stay with her. Jean thought/asserted that Emma took advantage of Scott, but Scott seemingly didn't feel that way and that matters.

What does the Phoenix Force have to do with Scott's feelings here? What exactly is your criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It does change things, even if you don't like it. It doesn't excuse what Scott did, but it puts his actions in perspective.
    Doesn't change that what he did was wrong. Says a lot about him, when he was in bad shape he went to a affair

The first example isn't a slight against Jean - it's a desire that Cyclops expressed, clearly ashamed by it, when pressed about the physical nature of his relationship with Jean by Emma. The second is during the AvX arc of Uncanny X-Men and Jean would've agreed with Scott's assessment that he outgrew her, and added that she outgrew him. Their relationship fell apart then, even if it returns now it wouldn't change that.
    he didn't seemed any ashamed. He seemed very righteous and hurt by it. The worse part is that he was complaining about Jean when she was brainwashed and sexually assaulted by Hellfire club. The other crazy about this is who is he complaining about it: Emma the woman that helped brainwash his wife.

The wolverine and Cyclops issue has a take on this too, not flattering to Jean.

If they outgrew eachother they have no bussiness coming back together, I don't think Jean really outgrew Scott yet.
    if Outgrew you mean stop loving the person...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    EmMa MaDe ScOtT dO iT!
    Emma didn’t make him do it. Emma took advantage of his situation ... he just wasn’t your normal Scott.
    I never said he isn’t to blame, he was at fault going to Emma I’m the first place ... and btw when you are going through some issues sometimes wrong **** feels right ... the mind is a tricky thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Emma didn’t make him do it. Emma took advantage of his situation ... he just wasn’t your normal Scott.
    I never said he isn’t to blame, he was at fault going to Emma I’m the first place ... and btw when you are going through some issues sometimes wrong **** feels right ... the mind is a tricky thing.
    Scott knew what he was doing was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Seems like every bad things Scott do there is a excuse of blaming another character for it
    Exactly. And I guess you just happened to fully blame Scott every time.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Mighty Member

Yea I know... but that’s the whole point of therapy and psychology, you know you ain’t well ... you know you r f**king **** up but you feel like you can’t help it. It’s a cycle of doubt and fear.

Especially with Jotts history, I honestly don’t know how one can believe Scott would do Jean like that ...

Mighty Member

Spirit2011, you were on the right track yesterday .. what happened

Yea I know... but that’s the whole point of therapy and psychology, you know you ain’t well ... you know you r f**king **** up but you feel like you can’t help it. It’s a cycle of doubt and fear.

Especially with Jotts history, I honestly don’t know how one can believe Scott would do Jean like that ...
    Well he did. We all read the same story that he cheated on Jean and Cyclops only stops when Jean caught him doing it
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-26-2018 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    So what is it then cheating?

Since when has Jean and Scott's relationship been toxic?
    Jean's and Logan's kisses? Yes, cheating.

And it's been toxic since Maddie, really.

The character Cyclops itself is toxic because the personality/character is entirely about Cyke reacting to the failings of others and that's what people that like Cyke embrace about the character. Whether we are blaming Maddie for being evil, blaming Jean for not being present, blaming Emma for seducing Scott against his will (as if such a thing is possible), blaming others for not having the advanced plot knowledge Scott has (AvX), etc, it's always a drag on the bolder, more interesting character so Scott can angst

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Exactly. And I guess you just happened to fully blame Scott every time.
    It was scott that did it wrong? so it is Scott fault

Mighty Member

Well he did. We all read the same story that he cheated on Jean and Cyclops only stops when Jean caught him doing it
    Yes he did it becuz he wasn’t in his right mind ... he was just possessed by apocalypse.

I mean he stopped becuz Jean busted him
    And
    Jean stopped becuz Logan said “No”

There is always something to help Scott not looking bad. That is the benefit of beig prvileged and being a self insert character. Like if Scott doen't hook up with Emma x-men will have a apocalypt future, oh really? LOL

Much better Jean far away from him
    What are you talking about? The prevailing view about Cyclops among non-readers and casual readers is that he's horrible. It isn't that Scott's mistakes are waived away as "not his fault" it's that context changes the severity of his actions. The Maddie situation? He messed up, but that relationship was already falling apart and Maddie played a role in that. He was still wrong. The Emma situation? He messed up, but his relationship with Jean was strained by numerous things and Emma actively put herself into it. He was still wrong. This isn't hard to understand.

As for the HCT fiasco? Let me be the one to finally put this nonsense idea to rest. The point isn't that Scemma is the only thing preventing a post-apocalyptic future, the point is that Scott's leaving is the first domino that leads to that future. The X-Men just lost Jean, Scott leaving puts more strain on what's left of the team, Beast tries desperately to keep things together. This isn't hard to understand either.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 12-26-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Mighty Member

It was scott that did it wrong? so it is Scott fault
    Jean CHOSE to drag this and not read his mind.

Yes he did it becuz he wasn’t in his right mind ... he was just possessed by apocalypse.

I mean he stopped becuz Jean busted him
    And
    Jean stopped becuz Logan said “No”
    Jean busted him after many times he cheated.

Jean didn't wanted Logan either. It would never happen

Mighty Member

Jean busted him after many times he cheated.

Jean didn't wanted Logan either. It would never happen

Wait when??

She literally went to Logan and gave him a smooch!! You can’t assume she wouldn’t have gone thro with it.