Page 128 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Marvel movies tend to do well in general. Captain Marvel doing well is pretty good I guess, but why would her being female bring its success to question?

Also, to be fair, no one else mentioned Captain Marvel. It was just an indirect comparison that seems to now be part of the discussion for some reason. We should probably move on from it now.
    nobody said captain marvel? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...56#post4267156

Captain marvel is doing better than many of the marvel movies, people should stop saying that marvel movie are always success to diminish aol victory.

I'm won't discuss it anymore

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    nobody said captain marvel? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...56#post4267156

Captain marvel is doing better than many of the marvel movies, people should stop saying that marvel movie are always success to diminish aol victory.

I'm won't discuss it anymore
    I was referring to their comment. Nonetheless, I agree, Captain Marvel's movie success has nothing to do with this thread.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    What you're arguing is that relationships with this kind of tenure are disposable. Belief in that idea is why we have a 50% divorce rate in North America and a trail of screwed up kids in their wake.
    Stay together only for the kids might not be the best. Sometimes people need to accept that there is a end, things won't work anymore.

This isn't about love. It's about choices. Regardless of the history, choosing not to give up is a legitimate choice, and one everyone should consider unless they are dealing with serious abuse. The grass is not greener on the other side, no matter how much anyone convinces themselves it is.
    Scott really thought grass was greener on the other side. Turnt out it wasn't

Jott really don't have abuse, but Jean should be given her own time to figured out things. Scott got it, why not jean?
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-22-2019 at 08:42 PM.

too bad because Captain Marvel is much cooler than Scott. But is not for the average comic book Floppies audience.

Marvel trying to destroy Scott credibility could work for the last 4 years narrative, but the truth that he was always beloved and after Morrison run he became the star of the books and you can't do that with a 55/45
    Captain Marvel is being pushed by Marvel, that's one reason why she's not "happening".

So there were no other X-books after Morrison's run that centered on anyone other than Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Captain Marvel is being pushed by Marvel, that's one reason why she's not "happening".

So there were no other X-books after Morrison's run that centered on anyone other than Scott?
    there was, but he was the leader of mutantkind

Carol Danvers? She hasn't been interesting since she was in Rogue's head. I think her and Logan had a certain something. That said, her modern incarnation's sales are consistently floating at the cancellation cut off for a reason. It's not like people who buy comics are some kind of different species of human than everyone else. She's just not compelling, mostly because Marvel never puts her in a position to lose. Jean, Scott, Logan, Kurt, Ororo. These characters are loved because they've lost as much as they've won, but they keep fighting because they believe in something greater than themselves. The feel of the Capt Marvel comics that I've read make it clear Marvel just wants her to win at everything and be amazing at everything and never be taken down a notch. Maybe if they give her to someone who's willing to take some risks with her, she can become something. I'm not holding my breath.
    I got a little bit of this sense from X-Men: Red, Jean was never challenged or threatened in any way by Nova, not in any way that mattered.

Stay together only for the kids might not be the best. Sometimes people need to accept that there is a end, things won't work anymore.
    Why? Who decreed from on high that any relationship needs to end? No one, that's who. It's up to the people involved. It's not fate. It's just choices. Hard choices that most people won't make because there's an "easy" way out.

Of course it's the responsibility of every parent to look out for number 1. Screw the kids I decided to have. My happiness comes first! Why should I care that the kids of my divorce will have worse marks in school, are much more likely to live below the poverty line, a much higher chance of experiencing divorce themselves, higher rates of drug and alcohol abuse and a much higher rate of suicide. At least I got rid of that ex-wife that wasn't kinky enough for me.

Scott really thought grass was greener on the other side. Turnt out it wasn't

Jott really don't have abuse, but Jean should be given her own time to figured out things. Scott got it, why not jean?
    Sure. And if they ever get married in the future, Jean should get to have an affair too right? Fair and equal aren't the same thing.

I got a little bit of this sense from X-Men: Red, Jean was never challenged or threatened in any way by Nova, not in any way that mattered.
    Definitely Hizashi. It's Marvel's #GirlsAlwaysWin syndrome. They seems to think that female characters shouldn't have to deal with any real adversity because that would diminish them somehow. They've forgotten everything that made Marvel trailblazers for great female comic book characters in the 70's and 80's. Why are the characters loved that are loved? Because they've pulled themselves up out of the mud again and again. Read your own comics Marvel!

Definitely Hizashi. It's Marvel's #GirlsAlwaysWin syndrome. They seems to think that female characters shouldn't have to deal with any real adversity because that would diminish them somehow. They've forgotten everything that made Marvel trailblazers for great female comic book characters in the 70's and 80's. Why are the characters loved that are loved? Because they've pulled themselves up out of the mud again and again. Read your own comics Marvel!
    I was legitimately glad that I gave the first issue a chance when I saw who the antagonist was, I thought I was in for a vicious, cerebral battle between Jean and Nova. What I got was endless fluff. and my anticipation became antipathy.

I was legitimately glad that I gave the first issue a chance when I saw who the antagonist was, I thought I was in for a vicious, cerebral battle between Jean and Nova. What I got was endless fluff. and my anticipation became antipathy.
    That should be Marvel's new tagline... "Turning anticipation in antipathy". You're a slogan genius my friend.

That should be Marvel's new tagline... "Turning anticipation in antipathy". You're a slogan genius my friend.
    Too true, you don't imagine how dissapointing Wolverine's return mini was, i was so excited but at the end it was....eh.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

there was, but he was the leader of mutantkind
    That was a very specific narrative, and none of his victories were painted as his alone.

The rectangle is silly because it attempts to equate Scott and Jean's relationship with Scott and Emma's and whatever was going on with Jean and Logan. Jean and Logan never got together. Emma and Scott went down in flames and never got past the specter of Jean. Let's focus on the relationship at the center of all this, Scott and Jean.

The best argument for why they shouldn't be together is that nearly everything negative in their adult personal lives can be laid at the feet of the other. That's a compelling argument. The counter argument that is nearly always overlooked is that nearly everything positive in their adult personal lives was because of the other. Actually the positive wildly outweighs the negative by a wide margin in both scope and scale. It's impossible to deny that they made each other happy, for quite some time and there's no reason to expect that can't be repeated in the future.

When you find someone who does that, you don't toss them out the airlock. You keep trying because it's worth it. Relationships are a mixed bag of good times and bad and comics turns that up to 11. IRL it would be an over the top fight because someone was fed up about the laundry or the state of the toilet seat. In comics it's a telepathic affair or a midnight booty call. IRL it would be getting surprise flowers delivered from your lover. In the comics it's scouring the Earth for your lover everyone says is dead, or fighting impossible odds because your girlfriend ate a star. None of it matters because at the end of the day, you'd rather be with them then without them. I don't recall a single time in either characters history where we could honestly say they were definitely willing to give up on each other. Given all that's happened, that's a bedrock relationship. There is no rectangle. There never was. Logan knew it and said it. Emma knew it and said it. It's time we all accepted it.
    Curse your ever-present and sound logic. I'll go down with Scemma!

In all seriousness, I will always have a soft spot for Scemma when it was good, but I'm not foolish enough to think it's on Jott's level. Still, I'm heartened by the fact that it had its moments.

Thank you, you're too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Too true, you don't imagine how dissapointing Wolverine's return mini was, i was so excited but at the end it was....eh.
    I'm not Wolverine's biggest fan, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask of Marvel that if they're gonna bring back Wolverine they not make a bloated mess of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    When I saw how many series Marvel was slapping together around the whole thing, I smelled a rat. I'm glad I saved my money. Red was probably the biggest disappointment for me personally because Jean matters a lot to me. When I saw the direction Taylor took with that book, I was deeply disappointed. I'm becoming increasing ambivalent about her. I've avoided the whole AoXM run because it simply doesn't interest me. I'm hoping her return to Uncanny will herald the return of good Jean stories. I do have more faith in Rosenberg when it comes to her, though I don't know if he'll still be on Uncanny then. I'm a little out of the loop in that regard.

Curse your ever-present and sound logic. I'll go down with Scemma!

In all seriousness, I will always have a soft spot for Scemma when it was good, but I'm not foolish enough to think it's on Jott's level. Still, I'm heartened by the fact that it had its moments.

Thank you, you're too kind.

I'm not Wolverine's biggest fan, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask of Marvel that if they're gonna bring back Wolverine they not make a bloated mess of it.
    We all that one ship (althougth i never been particulary fond of Scemma.

Honestly, the problem wasn't so much how bloated it was (not comoletly anyway), but how boring it was, in spite of an interesting premise, i guest that Soule can only write Daredevil and Darth Vader.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona