Page 14 of 190 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Wow, I loved it. So cute.
    Now that Jean has clearly said that Logan is one of only two men she has ever loved, then, finally they can tell everyone the truth: they were never married, but were always in love.
    And they do make a very beautiful couple.
    I really hope they get married.
    it is very cute. it's good to see Logan and jean allowing their love to exist as they both always wanted with each other. its beautiful to see.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

Let it go, thanks for reminding me of their good times. If roles where reversed ppl would be calling Cyke out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The first time they talk is the "first session" yes it's about sex. You continually cite that she is a sex therapist. What is the role of sex therapist. Hint it is in the name.

No they don't they refer on to a couple's counsellor and marriage counselor. That's beyond their scope of practice.

Solicits aren't canon. In any case the argument that's been going around this thread for pages is about rape. If you acknowledge that it was an affair and not rape there's not much further to add
    It's not about sex. Scott is talking about his marriage. Also, some sex therapists *don't* just focus on issues of sex, some in fact do marriage counseling. Which is what Scott went to Emma for given that's what he says when he tells her he needs a little marriage guidance.

Also, please meet Dr. Louanne Cole Weston, she's a licensed marriage counselor and a board-certified sex therapist practicing since 1983. May I also introduce you to Laurie Watson who's a licensed marriage and family therapist and an AASECT certified sex therapist.

Dr. Weston had this to say "A sex therapist can be a psychiatrist, a marriage and family therapist, a psychologist, or a clinical social worker." https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationsh...x-therapist-do

But they're much closer than calling it "just two friends talking." It was therapy. In any case, I'm not arguing rape with you so please don't say that I was. The argument also wasn't about whether or not it was an affair. I began arguing with you when you downplayed Emma's role as his therapist. That's it. If you confused me with another poster, that's on you.

You also accused me of being a misogynist but I see that you skipped right over that false claim when you realized you couldn't call me out for something I'm not doing so I'll leave that right where it is.
    Last edited by Peanutsinspace; 08-23-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Mighty Member

So refresh my memory, Jean says that Scott has not touched her for 5 months.
    And Scott says she dresses up from head to toe n walks around in corset for others.

And what is soooo twisted about Scott’s sexual fantasies that he cant share with Jean? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Can we acknowledge that Cyke fans have now decided that Emma Frost raped Cyclops?

Like...wow. Just flying over that shark.
    I'm pretty sure jollygoldfish is a bigger Jean fan. Ask her/him.

It's not about sex. Scott is talking about his marriage. Also, some sex therapists *don't* just focus on issues of sex, some in fact do marriage counseling. Which is what Scott went to Emma for given that's what he says when he tells her he needs a little marriage guidance.

Also, please meet Dr. Louanne Cole Weston, she's a licensed marriage counselor and a board-certified sex therapist practicing since 1983. May I also introduce you to Laurie Watson who's a licensed marriage and family therapist and an AASECT certified sex therapist.

Dr. Weston had this to say "A sex therapist can be a psychiatrist, a marriage and family therapist, a psychologist, or a clinical social worker." https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationsh...x-therapist-do

But they're much closer than calling it "just two friends talking." It was therapy. In any case, I'm not arguing rape with you so please don't say that I was. The argument also wasn't about whether or not it was an affair. I began arguing with you when you downplayed Emma's role as his therapist. That's it. If you confused me with another poster, that's on you.

You also accused me of being a misogynist but I see that you skipped right over that false claim when you realized you couldn't call me out for something I'm not doing so I'll leave that right where it is.
    To address you citing random people in real life. The And says it all those people aren't purely sex therapists they're counssllers as well.

A sex therapist only deals with sex. Emma did not call herself s sex therapist and a marriage counselor.

Secondly it was about sex the corsets line then skip forward where Emma says is this how you wish it was with Jean. The dressing up as dark Phoenix. It was all about sex hence the term sex therapist. Hence wolverine lines hence Scott's lines and hence Emma's lines

Morrison was specific to use sex therapist rather then marriage counselor because he wanted to highlight Cyclops issues were down to sex. Which mentioned a few times. He could have simply used marriage counselor. They're two completely different jobs as highlighted by the qualifications you are even sighting
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    So refresh my memory, Jean says that Scott has not touched her for 5 months.
    And Scott says she dresses up from head to toe n walks around in corset for others.

And what is soooo twisted about Scott’s sexual fantasies that he cant share with Jean? XD
    Asking his wife to play sex fantasies as Dark Phoenix when it's something she probably wouldn't do given DP destroyed a galaxy in her name

Mighty Member

Asking his wife to play sex fantasies as Dark Phoenix when it's something she probably wouldn't do given DP destroyed a galaxy in her name
    Aww, poor Scott!

She seemed fine when Bobby cracked a DP joke during the annual.

To address you citing random people in real life. The And says it all those people aren't purely sex therapists they're counssllers as well.

A sex therapist only deals with sex. Emma did not call herself s sex therapist and a marriage counselor.

Secondly it was about sex the corsets line then skip forward where Emma says is this how you wish it was with Jean. The dressing up as dark Phoenix. It was all about sex hence the term sex therapist. Hence wolverine lines hence Scott's lines and hence Emma's lines

Morrison was specific to use sex therapist rather then marriage counselor because he wanted to highlight Cyclops issues were down to sex. Which mentioned a few times. He could have simply used marriage counselor. They're two completely different jobs as highlighted by the qualifications you are even sighting
    They are counselors, well done! I wasn't talking about Emma. I was talking about your claim that sex therapists are only that. I said they can also do marriage counseling you said no they don't, hence the random people. One of which has a PhD which I'd feel more comfortable trusting than a random I'm arguing with on a message board.

I'm talking to you about #131 I don't know how many times I can say that. My argument is that initially Scott believed he was going to therapy to work on his marriage issues. I showed you the scan where Scott flat out tells her he needs marriage guidance and all you do is yammer on and on about corsets and sex and I think that's terrific but you're lacking comprehension in what I'm saying: In the beginning, Scott's reason for going to Emma was to work on his marriage. Whether it became something else *later on* is something altogether different.

It can be two different jobs yes, but as highlighted by the qualifications that I'm *citing* and like I said, *some* sex therapists also do marriage counseling as part of the therapy. There are whole retreats that offer sex therapy and marriage counseling. You can yell and scream and flip around and try and discredit all you like, go right ahead. Neither one of us is going to budge on this. Twist it whatever way that you need to, mention corsets again if it makes you feel like you're winning something, that's just fine with me. It doesn't change his initial reasons for going or what he told her in that issue.

I'm not changing my mind and you certainly aren't either, so it is what it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I'm pretty sure jollygoldfish is a bigger Jean fan. Ask her/him.
    I'm not naming any peeps. The Phoenix burns through lies and every self-deception.

I'm filing this latest notion in my "hmmm...toxic character?" folder. Just didn't want to leave it hanging out there unsaid because it's a super-sketchy take.

Not that Emma would never rape. She assisted Mastermind.

Mighty Member

I'm not naming any peeps. The Phoenix burns through lies and every self-deception.

I'm filing this latest notion in my "hmmm...toxic character?" folder. Just didn't want to leave it hanging out there unsaid because it's a super-sketchy take.

Maybe it’s not a full on rape but there was some manipulation on her part as Scott was going thro something.

You can't say Scott fans when the person who said it isn't even a big Scott fan, and no other known Scott fans have said anything like that.

BANNED

If anything I won't deny cyclops cheated, but after the hitler stuff I don't know why cheating is such a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You can't say Scott fans when the person who said it isn't even a big Scott fan, and no other known Scott fans have said anything like that.
    Correct. I said it, and I don't particularly like Cyclops. I'm actually a massive Emma fan. But what she did falls a lot closer to the sexual assault line then I'm comfortable with. If he was still suffering from severe PTSD during the sessions that turned sexual, he cannot legally consent.

They are counselors, well done! I wasn't talking about Emma. I was talking about your claim that sex therapists are only that. I said they can also do marriage counseling you said no they don't, hence the random people. One of which has a PhD which I'd feel more comfortable trusting than a random I'm arguing with on a message board.
    No what I was saying is correct. A sex therapist does not do marriage counseling. A sex therapist has to obtain a qualification in marriage counseling to do marriage counseling. You know what that makes them a sex therapist AND a marriage counseling. It's like asking a physio to do OT without any experience in OT.

I'm talking to you about #131 I don't know how many times I can say that. My argument is that initially Scott believed he was going to therapy to work on his marriage issues.
    Your argument is already debunked in New X-Men 129. Which is what you keep ignoring. Because he did not know of Emma's qualifications there and sought out to talk about sex because she was someone who he can talk to and was the White Queen of the Hellfire Club. So no he did not initially believe he was going for therapy . He was going to a friend.

I showed you the scan where Scott flat out tells her he needs marriage guidance and all you do is yammer on and on about corsets and sex and I think that's terrific but you're lacking comprehension in what I'm saying: In the beginning, Scott's reason for going to Emma was to work on his marriage. Whether it became something else *later on* is something altogether different.
    Wrong in the beginning Scott went to go to Emma in the capacity of a friend. Not counseling. Issue 129. What you're citing about Emma offering to help with his marriage came AFTER. But the presenting complaint is sex. Hence why everyone in the story brings it up.

It can be two different jobs yes, but as highlighted by the qualifications that I'm *citing* and like I said, *some* sex therapists also do marriage counseling as part of the therapy. There are whole retreats that offer sex therapy and marriage counseling. You can yell and scream and flip around and try and discredit all you like, go right ahead. Neither one of us is going to budge on this. Twist it whatever way that you need to, mention corsets again if it makes you feel like you're winning something, that's just fine with me. It doesn't change his initial reasons for going or what he told her in that issue.

I'm not changing my mind and you certainly aren't either, so it is what it is.
    Some sex therapists do marriage counseling because they're marriage counsellors not only sex therapists. The only qualification cited is sex therapy. Not marriage counseling. It's so straight forward. I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about that. Emma's not a marriage counselor. Which is why Emma was working in the capacity of a friend and telepath
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-23-2018 at 11:37 PM.