Page 145 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2846
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Glob mentions that everyone feels like it's been years, but it was only a few months. Let's say 3. The history of AoXM is a simulation, which is why whatever the characters did there in the time-frame they've been gone from 616 is real, but what they remember from that universe before that is not.

Bishop and Jean: that's real. If they've been doing it in the last 3 months, then it's all real.
    Colossus fighting alongside the Messiah Team against Stryfe is not real, because it would have happened on a time-frame the X-Men didn't live, since they couldn't. It's quite simple after you grasp that.
    no, it's not real.
    what happens in a dream is not real, it may seem like it but it is not. At the beginning of the event it is mentioned that everything looks like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Here's my take. The 616 characters didnt live the history. Their experiences begin circa the Alpha issue but they've been implanted with false memories so they arent aware that they have just been transported there. As we saw in the Alpha issue, even these AoX experiences are erased and rewritten through more brainwashing

Cyclops, Wolverine and Hope existed and are dead bc they weren't abducted. They existed bc much of AoX's "past" does mirror 616 with diversions. We see that through pictures which depicted 616 moments but with alternate characters inserted.

Wow, this thread has really gone off topic and this would probably be best for the AoX general discussion thread
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Glob mentions that everyone feels like it's been years, but it was only a few months. Let's say 3. The history of AoXM is a simulation, which is why whatever the characters did there in the time-frame they've been gone from 616 is real, but what they remember from that universe before that is not.

Bishop and Jean: that's real. If they've been doing it in the last 3 months, then it's all real.
    Colossus fighting alongside the Messiah Team against Stryfe is not real, because it would have happened on a time-frame the X-Men didn't live, since they couldn't. It's quite simple after you grasp that.
    I can accept this, that works for me.

lol, it did get a little off-topic, but AoXM has the potential to effect where Jean will be at it's conclusion. Not that she'll necessarily be with Bishop though.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    no, it's not real.
    what happens in a dream is not real, it may seem like it but it is not. At the beginning of the event it is mentioned that everything looks like a dream.
    It’s not exactly a dream either considering that their bodies have been pulled into the AU.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It’s not exactly a dream either considering that their bodies have been pulled into the AU.
    This isn't an alternate universe. It's an alternate reality they've been pulled into. Same exact concept as Age of X when Legion's Moira personae created a new reality that was layered on 616 characters.

Fantastic Member

that would be interesting because theoretically there would be no "bodies" in Nate's dream.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    The rapport was definitely around for X-Tinction Agenda. They reestablished it after Inferno.
    Close. Scott and Jean's telepathic rapport wasn't restored until Lee & Portacio's Endgame storyline when Jean's telepathy reactivated. That was just a few issues after X-Tinction Agenda.

Their rapport was then severed years later when Scott merged with Apocalypse in Ages of Apocalypse. To date, it's never been restored.*

*Unless there's been some timey-wimey stuff with Tyke and Jeen's rapport that hasn't been revealed yet.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 03-28-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yeah, I've literally heard of no one suggesting they just get directly back on the horse. Fubar buys into this but I understand the reasoning used. I'm the opposite and would rather have this stuff worked out. You know whether they get together or not, they still need to work these emotions out.
    I'd like to see them get directly back on the horse, but then my mental model of the characters is that they're mature, middle-aged adults who know each other better than any two people ever have. Getting back together is how the working stuff out starts--it's the first step, not the last. (And, also, I'm sick and tired of all the insecure, high school love-triangle horseshit and want to see Scott and Jean just get over it all and get busy with the baby-making.)

But, I can tell you right now, that ain't happening.

Marvel isn't approaching Scott and Jean as mature adults. They're approaching them as 20-somethings in a melodramatic soap opera. Which means lots of silly, stupid behavior that only really makes sense if you ignore everything about their history prior to Morrison's run.

We're in for another round of star-crossed will-they-or-won't-they. That's the mode in which Marvel prefers Scott and Jean to be as they think it maximizes the dramatic suspense. This could last for years. It could, and likely will, involve trysts with other characters a la Jean/Bishop. It might even involve another go-round of Scemma. There will also be contrived plot obstacles that conveniently prevent Scott and Jean from simply coming together and acting on their feelings. Depending on what Hickman has planned, it might even involve substantial retcons in which case all bets are off.

It's all about the drama. Marvel doesn't view Scott and Jean's story as a linear narrative building toward a clear resolution (a la Reed/Sue and Lois/Clark) but rather as a cyclical plot device to fuel conflict (a la Bruce/Betty and Hank Pym/Wasp). Scott and Jean will get together and break up as it suits the particular dramatic agenda of the creative team at the time.

I don't like it, and that's why I don't buy the books anymore. But, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Close. Scott and Jean's telepathic rapport wasn't restored until Lee & Portacio's Endgame storyline when Jean's telepathy reactivated. That was just a few issues after X-Tinction Agenda.

Their rapport was then severed years later when Scott merged with Apocalypse in Ages of Apocalypse. To date, it's never been restored.*

*Unless there's been some timey-wimey stuff with Tyke and Jeen's rapport that hasn't been revealed yet.
    There shouldnt be. That rapport only retcons Jean and Scott original developing a psychic rapport as it technically was always there in those early issues. We know it doesnt exist for them now as Jean would have known that Scott was alive and she clearly didnt

You’d think that a premature psychic rapport (that worked one-way, I think?) would have ramifications but it’s either gonna be ignored or maybe they just shut it off right before Jeen and Tyke went back? I don’t know, seems unnecessary to have brought it up prematurely.

You’d think that a premature psychic rapport (that worked one-way, I think?) would have ramifications but it’s either gonna be ignored or maybe they just shut it off right before Jeen and Tyke went back? I don’t know, seems unnecessary to have brought it up prematurely.
    Jean had her TP blocked in the early years of X-men so theoretically they could say it was severed when Jean lost her TP again. Even if not, I think its acceptable to assume Xavier made sure to sever it

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's takes two to tango honey. If the marriage had enough "problems" that both parties had to go an cheat on the other than that's a failed marriage. And for the record Jean kissed Logan LONG before Scott sought Emma out for therapy another case of your revisionist history.

Also take note that Jean had already started to forgive Emma when she was reconstructing her in New X-men. "She LOVES him, Hank. Emma has actually fallen in love with my husband." and her very next line is "Wake up Emma. Scott needs you." Which you'd see if you weren't blinded by your hatred of Emma.

Although we've gotten off topic so this will be the last I bring it up here.
    Sure it take two, but removing Emma the scene on Jean/Scott marriage would be much better.

That i snot what forgiveness is. She was just stating facts. Except the Scott needs you, because it is Morrison shipping no-sense;

I don't see anyone being friends with the ex actual girlfriend or the woman that your ex cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Huh?, why resurrect the topic with this, there is plenty of fan-art out there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Huh?, why resurrect the topic with this, there is plenty of fan-art out there.
    I liked the fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I liked the fanart.
    Cool, but i think that it would have been more appropiate here.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona