Page 161 of 190 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2846
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    and the fact he has his own corner keeps Storm apart from the X-men.
    Then he is better, the X-men do nothing for Storm. They just have her shooting lighting and as a token, she can do more with Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Then he is better, the X-men do nothing for Storm. They just have her shooting lighting and as a token, she can do more with Black Panther.
    Agreed with this. X-Office has done nothing for Storm in years. And being with Logan sure as heck didn't help. Storm just serves the black girl role and nothing more. Least BP gives her more & better to do. Same with all the other characters that got better characterization & respect in outside books. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-18-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Storm just serves the black girl role and nothing more. Least BP gives her more & better to do. Same with all the other characters that got better characterization & respect in outside books. lol
    Yeah, that's what I think too.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott a alpha male? and also a nerdy? or he is one or another

He is a guy that is more focused on job, barely smiles, really insecure. He i snot the type that women fall all over herselfs
    What I meant is that Cyclops is the leader of the X-men, the guy in charge that command any room he's in, even when big personalities like Namor, Magneto, Wolverine are around. But outside of his job, Scott's really insecure, introvert and a bit nerdy.

Not everyone agrees with that, is the issue.

I don't know if it is wise to write this but it keeps being spammed on the Emma thread. I don't want to bash scemma but it is something that keeps being thrown at jott

If you think jott is reggression why scemma isn't?
    they broke up too years ago.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-18-2019 at 07:44 PM.

I don't know if it is wise to write this but it keeps being spammed on the Emma thread. I don't want to bash scemma but it is something that keeps being thrown at jott

It's called Ship bias. Scott grew over Emma on Bendis run

There was never a real reason for why Scott and Emma weren't together. Bendis is #600 had Scott use an hypocritical and even sexist reason (she slept with Namor when she had the Phoenix; well, Scott killed Xavier and attacked her, and Illyana put people in concentration camps in Limbo, IIRC).

Meanwhile, Scott and Jean had real issues that weren't addressed- part of it due to circumstance (Apocalypse possession and the Phoenix), but also because Scott grew bored and felt being with Jean didn't allow him to be himself and grow like he was to. Like someone else pointed out, that conversation with Logan in the HFC bar makes it feel like the only reason Scott would ever go back to Jean was because he misses the good old days when everything was simple.

Mind you, it's possible exes get back together and not be a regression, even when they had very serious issues. But not without addressing that.

Hell, he just saw his brother sacrifice himself a few minutes before, not a single sane person can be thinking of romance in that scenario. If someone you know said "I got back together with my ex 5 minutes after my brother sacrificed himself to save my life", what are the odds you'd give that relationship to work?

There was never a real reason for why Scott and Emma weren't together. Bendis is #600 had Scott use an hypocritical and even sexist reason (she slept with Namor when she had the Phoenix; well, Scott killed Xavier and attacked her, and Illyana put people in concentration camps in Limbo, IIRC).

Meanwhile, Scott and Jean had real issues that weren't addressed- part of it due to circumstance (Apocalypse possession and the Phoenix), but also because Scott grew bored and felt being with Jean didn't allow him to be himself and grow like he was to. Like someone else pointed out, that conversation with Logan in the HFC bar makes it feel like the only reason Scott would ever go back to Jean was because he misses the good old days when everything was simple.

Mind you, it's possible exes get back together and not be a regression, even when they had very serious issues. But not without addressing that.

Hell, he just saw his brother sacrifice himself a few minutes before, not a single sane person can be thinking of romance in that scenario. If someone you know said "I got back together with my ex 5 minutes after my brother sacrificed himself to save my life", what are the odds you'd give that relationship to work?
    Scott losing X-Men he's known for years is like a typical Tuesday at this point. Especially after the last 11 issues of Uncanny. The love of your life coming back? That's like a once, or in Scott's case, twice in a lifetime occurrence. Why are you trying to ruin everyone fun? It's comics. Let those of us who dig it, enjoy the moment while it lasts. Because we all know it won't last long. It might not even last a week depending on what we see next Wednesday.

Don't forget that Namor murdered a bunch of Africans.

And, of course, the only thing Scott holds a grudge against is Emma having a mind tryst with Namor ... when they all had the Phoenix.

AvX was pure character assassination.

But I guess it's more on Scott's character for faulting Emma and saying he wouldn't touch her with Namor's trident. So it would really be his character that looks bad. Cyclops fans should be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

And, of course, the only thing Scott holds a grudge against is Emma having a mind tryst with Namor ... when they all had the Phoenix.

But I guess it's more on Scott's character for faulting Emma and saying he wouldn't touch her with Namor's trident. So it would really be his character that looks bad. Cyclops fans should be pissed.
    He wasn't into her anymore. The Namor thing didn't helped;

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

Scott fans do not require more reasons to be pissed. Once you reach a saturation point of stupid writing, you don't get more pissed. You slowly stop caring.

Frankly I found Scott's reasons for rejecting Emma to be stupid. He could have given any of a dozen other reasons and it would have made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Scott fans do not require more reasons to be pissed. Once you reach a saturation point of stupid writing, you don't get more pissed. You slowly stop caring.
    Emma's fans are also reaching that stage. They're not there yet, but almost.

Frankly I found Scott's reasons for rejecting Emma to be stupid. He could have given any of a dozen other reasons and it would have made more sense.
    It was double stupid because he was leaving the book, any reasonable writer would just leave it open ended and let the next one decide. But then not only he had Scott giving that pathetic reasoning, he had Teen Jean making out with Hank while Scott makes that speech.

Scott and Jean kissed because they haven't seen each other for long and they formely were husband and wife and both are coming back from the dead (the dead, thats usually imposible). They also lived a little more as teens again and decided they liked each other at the end then got those memories as adults. I don't get what other reason or explanation that kiss needed.

though Emma and Logan didn't need that.

Despite many of my comments I'm not trying to bash Emma or scemma (i do stand jott), it is just that sometimes is difficult to talk about something with a biased point of view.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-18-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I feel this sums up my thoughts. I'm more disappointed than mad these days.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

So Cyclops picked Jean over Emma with no build up? Shiiidddd