Page 170 of 190 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Attachment 87431

How about a new Breakfast ?
    Blasphemy! Impiety! You HERETIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    There is one answer to every problem. Death. The sweet embrace of the void shall end the romantic drama. Only through death can--

Hickman: Gonna stop ya right there, pal.
    Silly Snoop. Even Death has is share of crazy stalkers. Heck they can't even commit to anyone anymore.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I see there is another version of this thread. here goes.

Scott and Jean felt more like their real selves when they were with Wolverine and Emma. its like all the perfect couple act burden went away for scott and jean when they were with emma and logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I see there is another version of this thread. here goes.

Scott and Jean felt more like their real selves when they were with Wolverine and Emma. its like all the perfect couple act burden went away for scott and jean when they were with emma and logan.
    In the hands of the right writer this could be explored really well. Scott and Jean may have felt obligated to stay together because they were childhood sweethearts, and for Nathan, and even to some degree for Rachel after they saw her in the future as Mother Askani and when she died. I think there was a lot of pressure on Scott and Jean internally and externally to "make it work". Even if they didn't entirely feel that it was working.

Jean has a darker side and she has always been a little scared to share that with Scott, but she is not scared to share that with Logan or even someone else.

Scott has a darker side and he has always been a little scared to share that with Jean, but he is not scared to share that with Emma or even some of the other women he has dated other than Jean.

The obligation of being childhood sweethearts weighs them down sometimes and I think it's also the reason why they may never work properly as a couple. Honestly at this point I would love to see all four of them date someone else. Even if they eventually gravitate towards each other at a later date, I would love to see Jean, Emma, Scott, and Logan exploring relationships with people outside the four for a bit, to figure themselves out and grow as characters.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Jean and Scott had no problem working until Morrison. There was no pressure to make it work or feelings of obligation or going through the motion until Morrison decided to tear them apart. The one thing they had going for them was communication and that allowed them to work through anything. Morrison had them barely interact that entire run so its no wonder their marriage fell apart

IDA about Scott's dark side. He's "dated" 3 other women besides Jean and Emma. What dark side did he show Lee, Colleen and Maddie? I really dont feel as if Scott got dark until Morrison and that came with changing his character to make him more fit to be with someone like Emma.

I can somewhat agree with Jean having a dark side but she hasnt been scared to share it with Scott; he's been scared to want to see it bc of what happened with Dark Phoenix and Maddie. He holds her on a pedestal and when she's shown signs of exploring her power, he gets PTSD bc of his past experince loving women that looked like her and how they were corrupted. Thats his issue, not hers

Logan, I think is more of a nonfactor and not as important to this "quad" as he is often built up to be. Im not ure Id agree that she shows him a side of her that she keeps from Scott. She doesnt become more wild or aggressive when around him. He's also never been an actual threat to Scott/Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean and Scott had no problem working until Morrison. There was no pressure to make it work or feelings of obligation or going through the motion until Morrison decided to tear them apart. The one thing they had going for them was communication and that allowed them to work through anything. Morrison had them barely interact that entire run so its no wonder their marriage fell apart

IDA about Scott's dark side. He's "dated" 3 other women besides Jean and Emma. What dark side did he show Lee, Colleen and Maddie? I really dont feel as if Scott got dark until Morrison and that came with changing his character to make him more fit to be with someone like Emma.

I can somewhat agree with Jean having a dark side but she hasnt been scared to share it with Scott; he's been scared to want to see it bc of what happened with Dark Phoenix and Maddie. He holds her on a pedestal and when she's shown signs of exploring her power, he gets PTSD bc of his past experince loving women that looked like her and how they were corrupted. Thats his issue, not hers

Logan, I think is more of a nonfactor and not as important to this "quad" as he is often built up to be. Im not ure Id agree that she shows him a side of her that she keeps from Scott. She doesnt become more wild or aggressive when around him. He's also never been an actual threat to Scott/Jean
    I think my feeling is that it's ok to break them up. I still go back to the New X-Men era and I loved the story Morrison was telling. To me the greatest failure of the story was killing Jean off, that is the part I cannot forgive. There was no reason to kill her off, but I am perfectly ok with breaking Jean and Scott up in a messy breakup over a messy affair. I can sympathise with Jean, Emma, and Scott because I can see things from all three points of view. I think it would have been great for the story to explore what happens to Jean next after the break up. They could even have Jean and Scott get back together in a few years, but I really wanted to see Jean's story explored further.

I guess I am just not invested in any of these four people being endgame soulmates with each other. I just want to follow their stories regardless of whether they date each other or not. The one story I would love to explore is Jean and Emma talking about it a bit just like they were in the Jean Grey mini. I wanted to keep that conversation going and I maybe wanted to see a situation where Jean and Emma are able to come to an understanding with each other. They don't have to be friends, I would just like to see them talk about it.

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you, I think you and I have differing opinions on the directions for a few characters and I don't want to start something again because I know I can be obstinate and stubborn about how I feel about characters. I will simply agree to disagree.

I hated the story and I might have been able to stomach it better had they not killed Jean and kept her dead for so long. There was ZERO payoff to dragging that relationship through the mud bc Scott and Emma didnt have to deal with the ramifications of their actions. Jean for all intents and purposes was the victim and she got the worse punishment by being killed off and Marvel really screwed her fans over with that. It really was done in poor taste and I think keeping Jean alive to deal with a life post-Scott and having her around as a constant reminder for what he lost is a story that I felt was worth exploring.

I know its been 15 years but even now Ive been let down with how Marvel has handled them bc of the timing of when the characters were brought back and now Hickman's run, time jump, cloned bodies, the stuff from New X-men has effectively been swept under the rug with no conversations or reactions. 15 years worth of build up and then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hated the story and I might have been able to stomach it better had they not killed Jean and kept her dead for so long. There was ZERO payoff to dragging that relationship through the mud bc Scott and Emma didnt have to deal with the ramifications of their actions. Jean for all intents and purposes was the victim and she got the worse punishment by being killed off and Marvel really screwed her fans over with that. It really was done in poor taste and I think keeping Jean alive to deal with a life post-Scott and having her around as a constant reminder for what he lost is a story that I felt was worth exploring.

I know its been 15 years but even now Ive been let down with how Marvel has handled them bc of the timing of when the characters were brought back and now Hickman's run, time jump, cloned bodies, the stuff from New X-men has effectively been swept under the rug with no conversations or reactions. 15 years worth of build up and then nothing.
    They haven't addressed it because there IS no winning. No matter how they do it, a large section of their fanbase are going to be pissed off, all to create a status quo that doesn't tie into any current stories.

I am just going to imagine that there is another Earth out there where Emma left the Hellfire Club much earlier and joined the X-Men at around age 19 or so. Emma and Jean had a mad passionate affair in that universe and they are now married with children and they run the Department X organization together as a married couple. Now I can have the satisfaction of shipping Jean and Emma in my own head because it's fun and because I think Jean and Emma are the true soulmates!

Just saw this topic...let's go polyamor !

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am just going to imagine that there is another Earth out there where Emma left the Hellfire Club much earlier and joined the X-Men at around age 19 or so. Emma and Jean had a mad passionate affair in that universe and they are now married with children and they run the Department X organization together as a married couple. Now I can have the satisfaction of shipping Jean and Emma in my own head because it's fun and because I think Jean and Emma are the true soulmates!
    *switches back to this thread from reading a rated-X fanfic series by a certain famous member of this forum*
    How'd we end up sharing fetishes? TELEPATH! Git outta my head!
    *has been a Jottemma fan since the AvX event was adapted into that late and lamented browser game "Marvel Avengers Alliance"*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Just saw this topic...let's go polyamor !
    I know, I know! Jottemma is HAWT! (If that portmanteau is those three characters facing us the reader, then Scott is in the middle, Jean is his right/dexter hand, and Emma his left/sinister hand; it works!)

Then again, Emma can also argue the "sinister" implications by referring to the Japanese seating hierarchy, where if the lord is at the head of the table, then his left-hand side goes to the second-highest honor while the right is for the third. And the fact that her name is intact in the portmanteau compared to Scott's and Jean's speaks volumes too.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 09-24-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Blasphemy! Impiety! You HERETIC!
    Spank me, daddy!

Jean dont trust her!

Emma was right

Given Jean’s grin, she knows exactly what’s going on.

BANNED

They're all making bedroom eyes at each other, so they're all into it. If you can't trust a person you've seen naked and who saw YOU naked too (consent matters, guys), who can you trust?