Page 176 of 190 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2846

Gay, Straight, all very human ideas

Will marvel allow polygamy though?

Some X-Fans are uptight lel

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Gay, Straight, all very human ideas
    Mutants are humans with powers. If they reject their humanity they stop being the x-men.

Honestly, the only possible poly that i see here is Jean/Emma/Scott, i thought that Logan was just doing what i assume he does in most parties. But what i do know? , maybe i'm wrong there. There is also the Sinister Secrets, but i though that we weren't mean to take then 100% at face value, as i said though, i could definetly wrong and i'm just reading the mood of the scene wrong.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Or he could be joking like all the people that ship scott and logan.
    seriously Emma and Jean are super straight and if they could they would probably do Dazzler/Kitty or Ororo rather than each other
    Recently I heard rumors that some new character was denied coming out.

It's not writers or editors that decide this. they can't always do what they want, maybe it was Hickman intention and it was denied.

Mutants are humans with powers. If they reject their humanity they stop being the x-men.
    Just X...

gay, straight are names, but the sexual orientation still exists without then

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly, the only possible poly that i see here is Jean/Emma/Scott, i thought that Logan was just doing what i assume he does in most parties. But what i do know? , maybe i'm wrong there. There is also the Sinister Secrets, but i though that we weren't mean to take then 100% at face value, as i said though, i could definetly wrong and i'm just reading the mood of the scene wrong.
    I can't see Jean. she gave the can in a very defensive way
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-02-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Recently I heard rumors that some new character was denied coming out.

It's not writers or editors that decide this. they can't always do what they want, maybe it was Hickman intention and it was denied.
    Who do you think that could have been?
    Laura?

Between Jean and Emma i would think Emma being bi would be more likely. (but still not likely)

Who do you think that could have been?
    Laura?

Between Jean and Emma i would think Emma being bi would be more likely. (but still not likely)
    Laura I'm sure, her creator talked about this on a tweet. He wanted her gay but he doesn't own her.
    It seemed to be a new character, from this decade...

I don't see Emma as bi, she is even straighter than Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    A deleted NC-17 rated comment.
    Last edited by BitParallel; 10-02-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post

Edited: Are we allowed to be graphic on this site?
    I don't think so. Better to avoid trouble.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-02-2019 at 06:56 PM.

I don't think so. Better to avoid trouble.
    Oof. Damn!

Humans are mutants without powers.

Incredible Member

I think all the people smirking and sharpening their smut fanfiction pencils will be thoroughly disappointed. Between the beer page and the sinister secrets, it's way to obvious. Hickman believes he's clever so why would he shouting from the mountain tops about orgies and teasing you guys with pages and twitter deletions just to say "here you go, as promised." He knows that teasing controversy will get people to engage and talk about his book. Engagement is important to Marvel whether it is negative or positive reaction. Kurt says "we need to make more mutants." Well they already have a way to make as many mutants as they want. Why would it indicate that he meant for them to fornicate like crazy and pop out babies exponentially. This week on House of X - Hickman brings out the raging thirst in the X-fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    I think all the people smirking and sharpening their smut fanfiction pencils will be thoroughly disappointed. Between the beer page and the sinister secrets, it's way to obvious. Hickman believes he's clever so why would he shouting from the mountain tops about orgies and teasing you guys with pages and twitter deletions just to say "here you go, as promised." He knows that teasing controversy will get people to engage and talk about his book. Engagement is important to Marvel whether it is negative or positive reaction. Kurt says "we need to make more mutants." Well they already have a way to make as many mutants as they want. Why would it indicate that he meant for them to fornicate like crazy and pop out babies exponentially. This week on House of X - Hickman brings out the raging thirst in the X-fandom.
    Are you saying it’s all a PR? And none of it is true?

Stop! Don’t burst my bubble TT^TT

Its a curious concept, and one I'm definitely intrigued by, especially in today's climate. I'm a white male, living in America and I'm not thrilled about the weight and implication that comes with either of those quantifiers. haha. Neither gives me much sense of pride. haha. Historically, not super awesome.
    Anywhoo, I heavily relate to this idea/movement to ...... cast off the culture surrounding you and preferring to define/redefine your own system of ideals and behaviors.
    This idea of saying "To Hell with Societal Expectation". In this case, that expectation would be standard human behavior/expectation, etc. Its fascinating.
    Simply because something is tradition, or "always been this way" or even just common -- the question of WHY and the question of DOES THIS HAVE VALUE resonates and continually swims around in my head.
    Marriage. Home owning. Reproducing. Owning a car. Being an Adult. Climbing the Ladder. Etc Etc. Culturally, I cannot speak for the planet, but MY experience has been a strong conditioning to achieve these things, from birth. I couldn't avoid it. Its everywhere. In all forms of media. In family. In friends. Heavily ingrained in my culture. And then on top of all that, we can break these cultural expectations down even further with gender stereotypes and what's expected of you if you're a man or a woman, and how that should inform your life and how one defines success within that construct.

As a gay man (I speak for myself and myself alone. I do not presume to imply all gay men should or would feel as I do), this narrative that Hickman is crafting is hitting really close to home. I find myself increasingly challenged by the cultural expectations of heterosexual society, and how I could/should/ought to conform to said culture. Gay marriage for example. Simply because its an option now, should I get married? Why? The concept of marriage is an archaic heterosexual creation to establish dominance and ownership, often for non-romantic-gain -- be it power, finance, security, etc. And once I've wed, I'm to seek out adoption options because "that's what you do". Married people make babies and raise families and have houses and picket fences and work 9-5's and one cooks and cleans while the other "brings home the bacon".
    I understand this desire to separate and recreate. I understand this notion of being part of society, then hitting puberty, changing, and subsequently living in fear -- both fear of judgement and fear of safety, and questioning how/if I would/will fit in society as this "new me".
    I am by no means intending to minimize or insult anyone's lifestyle or how they choose to live, nor would I hope that my decisions to NOT "check boxes" on life's achievements check list be sternly judged, but I do understand what the X-Men are trying to achieve -- or at the very least, that they're considering alternatives. Its all about Joy vs Suffering, in my mind. What works for one person may not work for another and culture is a fascinating and tricky thing to explore. So if, in a post Krakoan world, Rogue and Remy are 100% on the monogamy train, then I say yay for them and follow your bliss. And if, in a post Krakoan world, Scott, Jean, Logan and Emma have found some unique understanding between the four of them that allows an exploration a lot of people may not understand or accept or agree with, then again I say, follow your bliss. If your behavior isn't harming anyone(?) then so be it. And if someone gets hurt, then they should examine further and redefine.

Grow. Learn. Evolve. Thrive.
    Joy vs Suffering.

Jean made it LAW to protect human life, for it is precious and finite. Hopefully mutant society/culture can and will succeed where humanity has failed.
    Last edited by Fokken; 10-03-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its a curious concept, and one I'm definitely intrigued by, especially in today's climate. I'm a white male, living in America and I'm not thrilled about the weight and implication that comes with either of those quantifiers. haha. Neither gives me much sense of pride. haha. Historically, not super awesome.
    Anywhoo, I heavily relate to this idea/movement to ...... cast off the culture surrounding you and preferring to define/redefine your own system of ideals and behaviors.
    This idea of saying "To Hell with Societal Expectation". In this case, that expectation would be standard human behavior/expectation, etc. Its fascinating.
    Simply because something is tradition, or "always been this way" or even just common -- the question of WHY and the question of DOES THIS HAVE VALUE resonates and continually swims around in my head.
    Marriage. Home owning. Reproducing. Owning a car. Being an Adult. Climbing the Ladder. Etc Etc. Culturally, I cannot speak for the planet, but MY experience has been a strong conditioning to achieve these things, from birth. I couldn't avoid it. Its everywhere. In all forms of media. In family. In friends. Heavily ingrained in my culture. And then on top of all that, we can break these cultural expectations down even further with gender stereotypes and what's expected of you if you're a man or a woman, and how that should inform your life and how one defines success within that construct.

As a gay man (I speak for myself and myself alone. I do not presume to imply all gay men should or would feel as I do), this narrative that Hickman is crafting is hitting really close to home. I find myself increasingly challenged by the cultural expectations of heterosexual society, and how I could/should/ought to conform to said culture. Gay marriage for example. Simply because its an option now, should I get married? Why? The concept of marriage is an archaic heterosexual creation to establish dominance and ownership, often for non-romantic-gain -- be it power, finance, security, etc. And once I've wed, I'm to seek out adoption options because "that's what you do". Married people make babies and raise families and have houses and picket fences and work 9-5's and one cooks and cleans while the other "brings home the bacon".
    I understand this desire to separate and recreate. I understand this notion of being part of society, then hitting puberty, changing, and subsequently living in fear -- both fear of judgement and fear of safety, and questioning how/if I would/will fit in society as this "new me".
    I am by no means intending to minimize or insult anyone's lifestyle or how they choose to live, nor would I hope that my decisions to NOT "check boxes" on life's achievements check list be sternly judged, but I do understand what the X-Men are trying to achieve -- or at the very least, that they're considering alternatives. Its all about Joy vs Suffering, in my mind. What works for one person may not work for another and culture is a fascinating and tricky thing to explore. So if, in a post Krakoan world, Rogue and Remy are 100% on the monogamy train, then I say yay for them and follow your bliss. And if, in a post Krakoan world, Scott, Jean, Logan and Emma have found some unique understanding between the four of them that allows an exploration a lot of people may not understand or accept or agree with, then again I say, follow your bliss. If your behavior isn't harming anyone(?) then so be it. And if someone gets hurt, then they should examine further and redefine.

Grow. Learn. Evolve. Thrive.
    Joy vs Suffering.

Jean made it LAW to protect human life, for it is precious and finite. Hopefully mutant society/culture can and will succeed where humanity has failed.
    I don't like united states being used as a primer on human culture. The human experience is very different all over the globe.

I really don't think there is any society pression to marry, nobody ever pressed me on that. A Professor on college told his 2nd wife was on her 40s and never was married or had kids, he said that this was becoming common.

I'm pretty sure polyamor doesn't fit these characters. people will have a hard time to convince me Jean would be into it, she never entertained this idea all this time. Emma is selfish, Scott cheated but this looka like a big flex

for me it is shallow and only to attract headlines and make people talk. Very childish way to solve something: oh everyone got some.

A good critic on marriage and american way is the club fight saga, polyamory on x-men? gratuitous OOC

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    You mean people are projecting their thirst into the comics? OHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah I noticed that people are just taking anything out of context
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-03-2019 at 06:41 AM.