Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2805
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    It's been over 20 years since the explosive drama happened in New X-Men, and people are STILL talking about it like it happened yesterday. The fact that people care so much about this and want to discuss it all the time and how the sides are so polarizing -- that's how you know a compelling story was told!!!!
    compelling isnt the word. More like people mad because a bad story and take made a good character be benched for 14 years. Just 14 years...

  2. #32
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    My vote goes to Jott. Scott will be back soon .. like the badass that he is. Jean will finally stop whining about him not being able to express himself.
    Logan shouldn’t even be in the picture .. I thought he fully respected Jeans marriage even before her death. I do think it’s over
    Emma on the other hand, she’s doesn’t need a man. She’s a strong independent woman, I like her more as a single lady.

    So let Jott happen. I wanna see how Jean gonna react to our OG Scott.

  3. #33
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,467

    Default

    I just thought, the title of the thread makes it look like Emma/Logan is a thing lol. It should be Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma, or Emma/Scott/Jean/Logan.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member nightw1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    It's been over 20 years since the explosive drama happened in New X-Men, and people are STILL talking about it like it happened yesterday. The fact that people care so much about this and want to discuss it all the time and how the sides are so polarizing -- that's how you know a compelling story was told!!!!
    After over a decade, people are still extremely polarized about Spider-Man's One More Day ending the Pete/MJ marriage, and I don't think anyone believes the story itself was compelling.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member Ulfhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    It's been over 20 years since the explosive drama happened in New X-Men, and people are STILL talking about it like it happened yesterday. The fact that people care so much about this and want to discuss it all the time and how the sides are so polarizing -- that's how you know a compelling story was told!!!!
    Compelling like the National Enquirer is compelling maybe. Trash sells and sets tongues wagging. A lot of Morrison's run was really good. The stuff this thread is driven by wasn't. GM took the easy way out, because it's easier to write a fictional split (under very OOC circumstances) then it is to write a genuine solution to their problems.

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    After over a decade, people are still extremely polarized about Spider-Man's One More Day ending the Pete/MJ marriage, and I don't think anyone believes the story itself was compelling.
    Not even the people that wanted the marriage gone think that it was good, that just tell you something about the quality.

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Compelling like the National Enquirer is compelling maybe. Trash sells and sets tongues wagging. A lot of Morrison's run was really good. The stuff this thread is driven by wasn't. GM took the easy way out, because it's easier to write a fictional split (under very OOC circumstances) then it is to write a genuine solution to their problems.
    Your nightmare is someone else's love story. It was a great finish to the 90s.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Ulfhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Your nightmare is someone else's love story. It was a great finish to the 90s.
    NXM was not Emma's love story. That came later, you know when Scott actually felt something for her above his waist. Hopeless was selling lies.

  9. #39
    The Great Bull Del torro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    JeanXOroro. As has been foreshadowed by our Grand master, lord Claremont.

  10. #40
    The Great Bull Del torro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    NXM was not Emma's love story. That came later, you know when Scott actually felt something for her above his waist. Hopeless was selling lies.
    But Emma fell in love with him in that run and Scott chose her at the end of the run

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Ulfhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    But Emma fell in love with him in that run and Scott chose her at the end of the run
    Emma may have fallen in love with Scott, but it was unrequited until the end of HCT, and HCT wasn't about Scott choosing anything. His choice was to run off to the hills and leave the X-Men forever. Phoenix had other plans.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 08-20-2018 at 10:54 PM.

  12. #42
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    NXM was not Emma's love story. That came later, you know when Scott actually felt something for her above his waist. Hopeless was selling lies.
    He was indeed.

    Emma raped Scott. That's not love. Emma may think that's love but it isn't.

    Of course, Scott also fell in love with his rapist. He' so messed up his rapist is the love of his life. So maybe Scott also thinks rape is love.

    That's Morrison for you. Toxic. They deserve each other. Hope Jean stays away.

  13. #43
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    After over a decade, people are still extremely polarized about Spider-Man's One More Day ending the Pete/MJ marriage, and I don't think anyone believes the story itself was compelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Not even the people that wanted the marriage gone think that it was good, that just tell you something about the quality.
    Actually, One More Day was very well written. People don't like what it did/was designed to do. But the story itself is written very well.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member Ulfhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    He was indeed.

    Emma raped Scott. That's not love. Emma may think that's love but it isn't.

    Of course, Scott also fell in love with his rapist. He' so messed up his rapist is the love of his life. So maybe Scott also thinks rape is love.

    That's Morrison for you. Toxic. They deserve each other. Hope Jean stays away.
    The guy with Stockholm syndrome is toxic? Look, I don't entirely buy the "fell in love with the abuser" line for Scott, since that's on PhoenixJean as well, but even by your own logic, I don't see how you can say they deserved each other.

    Regardless, Emma was never the love of Scott's life. She would have killed to be, but she never was. As for Jean, if she was going to stay away, I'm guessing it would have been when she came back to find him married with a child. Compared to that, this go around is a walk in the park.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    NXM was not Emma's love story. That came later, you know when Scott actually felt something for her above his waist. Hopeless was selling lies.
    For real! Scott and Emma thing started with lust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •