Page 44 of 190 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I like Jott. I actually like it more than Scemma. Jean and Scott worked together in a way no other couple in the X-universe has ever matched. That is when they were happiest.

I liked Scemma because it was when Emma actually trusted a living person that wasn't her brother. It allowed her to be better than she was before because she could count on Scott (and Kitty) to hold her darker impulses in check.

I think Jogan is toxic. It's a relationship born of jealousy and anger.
    I would say the problem is it's a relationship born out of meta reasons and meta reasons alone. Claremont did it because he got angry at Scott, following writers did it mostly because Wolverine fanboyism. I don't think any writer has come up with any valid reason why these two are attracted toward each other, let alone why Wolverine's so deep in love with her and why Jean feels... whatever she feels toward him(they keep presenting it as something special).

The fact that Renew Your Vows comes up with the dumbest reason imaginable to put them together really says something about that relationship. That's an AU, and they couldn't even come up with half-way decent reason in that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I would say the problem is it's a relationship born out of meta reasons and meta reasons alone. Claremont did it because he got angry at Scott, following writers did it mostly because Wolverine fanboyism. I don't think any writer has come up with any valid reason why these two are attracted toward each other, let alone why Wolverine's so deep in love with her and why Jean feels... whatever she feels toward him(they keep presenting it as something special).

The fact that Renew Your Vows comes up with the dumbest reason imaginable to put them together really says something about that relationship. That's an AU, and they couldn't even come up with half-way decent reason in that.
    I don't think they actually give a reason why jean married logan.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I don't think they actually give a reason why jean married logan.
    They gave the reason why she left Scott(because he believed in her. Seriously). And Logan was there. Seriously, that's it. Give me time, I'll post the scans.

It's so stupid.

BANNED

Nothing here.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-16-2018 at 12:01 AM.

BANNED

It's so stupid.
    That is hilarious.Also prove jean would be full on iron man's side in Civil war,lol.

Also,prove X-men would've join iron man under xavier guidance,lol.

Glad we had Cyke & Emma(remembering her & tony/carol conversation).Those were great.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-16-2018 at 12:01 AM.

It's so stupid.
    Ah, man Stegman artwork is great, but sadly that plot point isn't lol.

Personally speaking thougth, i was more mad with Jubilee's charactherization on this to be honest.

BANNED

Nothing here.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-16-2018 at 12:00 AM.

It's so stupid.

Ultimate Member

All that really said was why Jean and Scott weren't together, it wasn't saying that Logan could do something there that Scott couldn't, picking up the pieces could mean all kinds of things...and ways and such...some big arguments can break couples up...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    All that really said was why Jean and Scott weren't together, it wasn't saying that Logan could do something there that Scott couldn't, picking up the pieces could mean all kinds of things...and ways and such...some big arguments can break couples up...
    Uh... yeah. That's exactly why it's stupid. Scott and Jean broke up for the dumbest of reasons and Jean and Logan got together because he was there to pick up the pieces.

Fact remains, they couldn't come up with a half-way decent reason to get Jean and Logan together. All they did was make Jean look like a moron at best and... I'm not going to say what at worse she looked like.

Ultimate Member

Jean didn't trust herself, Scott did, a disagreement over that isn't stupid given the possible ramifications...and Scott doesn't say that Logan and Jean got together because of that reason, just that it gave Logan an opening and he took it...I don't think that Jean looked like a moron, more that she was afraid of what she might do and didn't think that she could or should do it all by herself, maybe not the best view but certainly not a stupid or outlandish one...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Jean didn't trust herself, Scott did, a disagreement over that isn't stupid given the possible ramifications...and Scott doesn't say that Logan and Jean got together because of that reason, just that it gave Logan an opening and he took it...I don't think that Jean looked like a moron, more that she was afraid of what she might do and didn't think that she could or should do it all by herself, maybe not the best view but certainly not a stupid or outlandish one...
    If you don't see the stupidity in this situation, I don't know what to tell you. Take off your shipping glasses for a second.

BANNED

If you don't see the stupidity in this situation, I don't know what to tell you. Take off your shipping glasses for a second.
    Ummm,he doesn't have them.He has eyes,shipping eyes.

Scott was completely ready to be the supportive cheerleader for Jean and encourage her - and she wasn’t having any of that. Think about it man, she reacted so negatively to Scott’s positive reinforcement that they divorced - that takes time and not once apparently did she stop to realize that she was throwing it all away because Scott had the audacity to believe in her. Logan better be careful not to encourage her or things could fall apart quickly.