Page 50 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Not something I've ever read from Morrison. Just people posting it like it's fact. Sort of like saying Quesada ordered him to kill her. I know I don't buy that one. Perhaps he might have brought her back, but I don't think it would have been as an X Man. He had evolved her beyond that. Maybe in some cosmic role.

Of course, once he was gone someone else could have gone a different route. Wasn't going to be Whedon, he loved Morrison's run. And my guess is wanted to play with what he left. I know I READ Mike Carey say he'd like to do it except he didn't want to touch Morrison's story and how great he thought it had been.

Still, it was over 10 years and multiple writers. Others might have wanted to bring her back and editorial nixed it. Grant Morrison, though, Jean isn't going to come back and reflect and perhaps Jott can work things over. Jott is done, I saw interviews where Morrison said this.
    IIRC that is pretty much what was supposed to happen - Jean was evolving past the X-Men. Even so, her departure that way would have been more personal triumph rather than tragedy, having transcended past life and death. And she could have been used as a cosmic character or for occasional X-events (maybe spinning off an avatar or something similar) rather than being dead for 14 years.

Incredible Member

Not my preference of a role for her. She wouldn't have been gone so long, though.

Not my preference of a role for her. She wouldn't have been gone so long, though.
    But Jean also wouldn't be Jean at all

I can understand that - not ideal, but better from a story perspective, and certainly better than being gone for almost a decade and a half.

BANNED

I wonder if people who hate Jott are into Grand Design. Piskor really seems to have a hateboner for them as a couple. It's kind of amusing, since it's not canon and doesn't affect anything, but I can see some wanting it to make its way to the main 'verse.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I wonder if people who hate Jott are into Grand Design. Piskor really seems to have a hateboner for them as a couple. It's kind of amusing, since it's not canon and doesn't affect anything, but I can see some wanting it to make its way to the main 'verse.
    I’ve picked it up, leafed through it, put it away promptly, and not looked at it since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I’ve picked it up, leafed through it, put it away promptly, and not looked at it since.
    I like it, it's a different take on the original story that. They do have some moments here and there, but I can't shake the feeling that either he dislikes Scott or at least doesn't like him with Jean. Which makes sense, I guess, since most of his adult life happened when Jean was dead and Scemma was in full force, so if he was into comics by then, it might have influenced his views on them.

What's X-Men Grand Design?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    What's X-Men Grand Design?
    Basically comics summaries of the eras in X-Men history told as a story by Uatu the watcher.

I like it, it's a different take on the original story that. They do have some moments here and there, but I can't shake the feeling that either he dislikes Scott or at least doesn't like him with Jean. Which makes sense, I guess, since most of his adult life happened when Jean was dead and Scemma was in full force, so if he was into comics by then, it might have influenced his views on them.
    I find plenty to like from both pairings, I really only care about the quality of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Blaming Emma for Scott choosing to sleep with her is exemplary of the common view of the character that makes me not want Cyclops near any character I care about.

Just toxic.
    Common view? Read the damm posts. Nearly all Cyclops fans agree that he is far from innocent in that situation. Most of them blame Scott for majority. The only one who's blaming Emma more than Scott is actually an Emma fan.

seems like I gonna start reading it today if that is the case.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Jott should be put on ice for a looooong time
    Aside from a couple of brief interludes, Jott has already been on ice for 17 years.

And, no, Tyke/Jeen doesn't count.

Mighty Member

Piskor's hatred of Jott stems from the same place as Claremont's: Scott walking out on Madelyne to be with Jean in X-Factor vol. 1 #1.

I'm too lazy to Google it right now, but a while back there was an interview with the two of them together, and the subject came up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Basically comics summaries of the eras in X-Men history told as a story by Uatu the watcher.
    It's not a summary so much as "what if the X-Men mythos really had been planned out as a single, coherent narrative from the very beginning."

Technically, it's an alternate timeline.