Page 58 of 190 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Maybe we need for a moment of silence for the 6bn aliens are sacrificed for someone's fun & blamed on the fire-bird too.

BANNED

You don't see any Jean fans whining for the Phoenix stories to not be a part of Jean's history either. Certainly not every day.

I personally hate that bad writers try to strip Jean of that in the interest of creating crap like the "Phoenix 5".

"It's like cosmic cocaine that makes you kill stuff!"
    -The worst.

I wish they would restore Phoenix and Phoenix's mistakes back to the character they are supposed to be about. That was a pivotal incident that should always inform Jean Grey's character.

BANNED

And It's done,people.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Wasn't Logan pretty chill about Jean before Fraction and Aaron came around? The whole lock of her hair in his drawer and the room of his dream life in his head being about Jean?
    I still have to read all his solo runs, God help me, so I might be wrong. I also wish I didn't remember the lock of hair thing, because that was creepy as hell.
    Yeah, he was mostly fine with it or at least didn't talk about it much. Ironically Aaron also like to imply that although Jean cared about Logan, she also was scared of him.

Also, oh god that lock of hair, i still pretend that i didn't happen for my own sanity.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes, the PF powered omega telepath's mental suggestion was just a gentle love tap that did not effect Scott in any material way. There's some deep denial at work here.

Any interference must be regarded as significant because we have no way to prove how significant it actually was, other than Marvel's official responses which seem to indicate it was significant. I understand that it effects Scott's agency in HCT and what came after, but I don't see too many people suggest that the Pheonix retcon didn't absolve Jean of eating the D'Bari star even though it was her for all intents and purposes. I think this comes down entirely to how much you happen to dislike Scott, or feel he needs to "answer" for whatever thing.
    I didn't said the mental suggestion wasn't valid. Just that the mental suggestion was to Scott live, not for him kiss Emma on Jean's grave.

He had plenty of agency to hook up with Emma, put al the fault on Jean won't make Scott looks good.

Sure Marvel have the chance to clear Scott bad actions again, since he is never guilty of anything bad that happen to him; And people who disagree with it only do it because they dislike Scott

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I didn't said the mental suggestion wasn't valid. Just that the mental suggestion was to Scott live, not for him kiss Emma on Jean's grave.

He had plenty of agency to hook up with Emma, put al the fault on Jean won't make Scott looks good.

Sure Marvel have the chance to clear Scott bad actions again, since he is never guilty of anything bad that happen to him; And people who disagree with it only do it because they dislike Scott
    Actually, Jean did alter Scott’s mind to move forward with Emma tho.
    She made Scemma happen.

She told Scott to live on
    And told Emma that Scott needs you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    She made Scemma happen.

Just to remind everyone: 616 Jean didn't tell Scott to live. The Jean of the "Here Comes Tomorrow" alternate future timeline did. Ergo, 616 Jean isn't responsible for HCT Jean's actions.

She made Scemma happen.

Scemma already happened, all behind Jean. Scott was ready to choose between the two amd it wasn't going to be Jean.

All Jean had to do was remove the guilty that wasn't letting Scott being able to move on from Jean

Factually incorrect. And every single Cyclops fan here acknowledges that he has made plenty mistakes. That's what makes him interesting.

Stop being disingenuous.

Mighty Member

Scemma already happened, all behind Jean. Scott was ready to choose between the two amd it wasn't going to be Jean.

All Jean had to do was remove the guilty that wasn't letting Scott being able to move on from Jean
    How sure are you that he was gonna chose Emma?
    Scott literally never forgot Jean ..he had a locket necklace with her pic, he thought of her everyday, admittedly told Jean he missed her and Emma was insecure about Jean coming back too cuz she damn sure knows that if Jean ever comes around Scott would ditch her.

Oh btw, we were just talking in Jott appreciation thread about Scott thinking of Jean when him and Emma were intimate.
    Him choosing Emma is false .. and only Morrison/Quesada were pushing it.
    Almost every other X-men reader n writer knows Scott loved Jean more ... even Scemma supporters n Jott haters acknowledge Scott loved Jean more. They might say Emma was a better lover but everyone admits he loved Jean more.

Why would Scott feel guilty if he loved Emma more, he shouldn’t need any “guilt” remover if he was gonna pick Emma. Matter fact, he should be celebrating since he won’t have to break up n go through the mess.
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 11-26-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Just to remind everyone: 616 Jean didn't tell Scott to live. The Jean of the "Here Comes Tomorrow" alternate future timeline did. Ergo, 616 Jean isn't responsible for HCT Jean's actions.
    Oh I didn’t know ... isnt HCT Jean the same Jean tho?

Oh I didn’t know ... isnt HCT Jean the same Jean tho?
    HCT was an alternate timeline and it was a Jean that had ascended to her role as the White Phoenix of the Crown 150 years in the future. Initially it was simple enough to see them as the same but that didnt happen for 616 Jean as she was resurrected much earlier and we are seeing her life play out now. Our Jean is grounded and very human in a way that HCT Jean had a higher purpose and had achieved a state of godhood in a sense existing outside the realm of time and space

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    HCT was an alternate timeline and it was a Jean that had ascended to her role as the White Phoenix of the Crown 150 years in the future. Initially it was simple enough to see them as the same but that didnt happen for 616 Jean as she was resurrected much earlier and we are seeing her life play out now. Our Jean is grounded and very human in a way that HCT Jean had a higher purpose and had achieved a state of godhood in a sense existing outside the realm of time and space
    Well, I always thought 616Jean was the white Phoenix?

Well, I always thought 616Jean was the white Phoenix?
    White Phoenix of the Crown is her ultimate role as Phoenix but HCT took place in an alternate future. Endsong set her up to be that when she left as a White Phoenix to gather all the fragments but that plotline was abandoned. 616 Jean in this timeline never ascended to that level

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    White Phoenix of the Crown is her ultimate role as Phoenix but HCT took place in an alternate future. Endsong set her up to be that when she left as a White Phoenix to gather all the fragments but that plotline was abandoned. 616 Jean in this timeline never ascended to that level
    I see, thank you. I’ll re-read it ... it’s been a long time n I was very young when I read it. So it’s all blurry n I clearly misinterpreted it.