Page 59 of 190 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I see, thank you. I’ll re-read it ... it’s been a long time n I was very young when I read it. So it’s all blurry n I clearly misinterpreted it.
    I mean its been retconned, reinterpreted and muddled to death, so its not you. Morrison may have meant it to be our Jean when he wrote the story but stuff that came after kinda changed that. When he left Jean died and was resurrected in the future and was last seen existing outside of time and space in the WHR. That was her status quo. We learn a year later that it wasnt the case as she was still dead in the ground in present day 616, only to be resurrected and leave in a White Phoenix costume. She wasnt exactly WP of the Crown as she only had aportion of the PF and left to gather the fragments. That was retconned in Sisterhood as she was still buried in the ground as if Endsong never happened. Of course in PR, she finally gets resurrected for good and whatever journey she was on to becoming the WPotC, never was completd

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean its been retconned, reinterpreted and muddled to death, so its not you. Morrison may have meant it to be our Jean when he wrote the story but stuff that came after kinda changed that. When he left Jean died and was resurrected in the future and was last seen existing outside of time and space in the WHR. That was her status quo. We learn a year later that it wasnt the case as she was still dead in the ground in present day 616, only to be resurrected and leave in a White Phoenix costume. She wasnt exactly WP of the Crown as she only had aportion of the PF and left to gather the fragments. That was retconned in Sisterhood as she was still buried in the ground as if Endsong never happened. Of course in PR, she finally gets resurrected for good and whatever journey she was on to becoming the WPotC, never was completd
    I think I’m from the minority that wanted Jean to be the host for the Phoenix and be a goddess/cosmic entity, but oh well .. she’s deemed too OP.

How sure are you that he was gonna chose Emma?
    Scott literally never forgot Jean ..he had a locket necklace with her pic, he thought of her everyday, admittedly told Jean he missed her and Emma was insecure about Jean coming back too cuz she damn sure knows that if Jean ever comes around Scott would ditch her.

Oh btw, we were just talking in Jott appreciation thread about Scott thinking of Jean when him and Emma were intimate.
    Him choosing Emma is false .. and only Morrison/Quesada were pushing it.
    Almost every other X-men reader n writer knows Scott loved Jean more ... even Scemma supporters n Jott haters acknowledge Scott loved Jean more. They might say Emma was a better lover but everyone admits he loved Jean more.

Why would Scott feel guilty if he loved Emma more, he shouldn’t need any “guilt” remover if he was gonna pick Emma. Matter fact, he should be celebrating since he won’t have to break up n go through the mess.
    I don't think Cyclops is a psychopath, that would be happy that his wife died so he wouldn't need to tell her that he choosen Emma.
    Jean was his partner for years, and he saw her dying in his arms. After screwing up the relationship nothing more normal that feel guilty for it.
    It is normal for for Scott do it, he also felt guilty on Maddie and Nathan.

Emma was insecure, but Scott was really afirming that he was into her. Scott thinking of Jean was he was having sex with Emma was a retcon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't think Cyclops is a psychopath, that would be happy that his wife died so he wouldn't need to tell her that he choosen Emma.
    Jean was his partner for years, and he saw her dying in his arms. After screwing up the relationship nothing more normal that feel guilty for it.

Emma was insecure, but Scott was really afirming that he was into her. Scott thinking of Jean was he was having sex with Emma was a retcon.
    Did Scott feel so sorry and guilty for leaving Maddie that needed Jean to alter his mind? Nope. It’s just Jean.

Ofc Scott will reassure her .. cuz Jean wasn’t in the pic. If he told her “yes I’d leave u if Jean came back” then Emma would have dipped and he didn’t want that.

Btw when was it retcon?

It wasnt a retcon. We saw it when they got together. Heck, they had mind sex in Morrison's run with her dressed up as Jean. He was aroused by thinking about her as Jean. Its something Emma exploited when she initially got together with him and his thoughts didnt stray from Jean even after. I dont see why its hard to buy that he'd think of Jean when intimate with Emma

Mighty Member

It wasnt a retcon. We saw it when they got together. Heck, they had mind sex in Morrison's run with her dressed up as Jean. He was aroused by thinking about her as Jean. Its something Emma exploited when she initially got together with him and his thoughts didnt stray from Jean even after. I dont see why its hard to buy that he'd think of Jean when intimate with Emma
    Didn’t Madelyne also pretend to be Jean or was it sth else?

Scott can’t get his thing up if it’s not Jean
    The guy married Jeans doppelgänger ... it speaks volumes.

Did Scott feel so sorry and guilty for leaving Maddie that needed Jean to alter his mind? Nope. It’s just Jean.

Ofc Scott will reassure her .. cuz Jean wasn’t in the pic. If he told her “yes I’d leave u if Jean came back” then Emma would have dipped and he didn’t want that.

Btw when was it retcon?
    Emma could read his mind, so if he was lying she could see it. I don't think it would be good for 2 people live a lie.

Scott and Maddie was a different case, I don't think Scott ever loved her at all

Mighty Member

Emma could read his mind, so if he was lying she could see it. I don't think it would be good for 2 people live a lie.

Scott and Maddie was a different case, I don't think Scott ever loved her at all
    If Emma knew for a fact that Scott chosen her over Jean .. she wouldn’t be so insecure.

Scott mistreated Emma during AvX ... and didn’t wanna associate with her afterwards. Wake me up whenever he does that same to Jean.

One of the main reasons my fellow Scott fans hate Jott/Jean ... is cause they see and know how weak Scott is to Jean n their love and that’s the main reason they want Jean away from Scott. His love for Jean is enormous.

Btw when was it retconned .. that he thought of her

their relationship was toxic so there's that. I do think Emma was let things slide when it came to Scott bc she was head over heels for him. It allowed her to overlook things like Jean bc she was dead and no longer a threat to her
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-26-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Mighty Member

That’s also true.

Some folks have the audacity to say Jott relationship was toxic and Scemma was a mature relationship.

If mature relationships are like Scemmas .... Big Yikes!

Didn’t Madelyne also pretend to be Jean or was it sth else?

Scott can’t get his thing up if it’s not Jean
    The guy married Jeans doppelgänger ... it speaks volumes.
    Maybe it is only about the looks and overall characteristics? He like a nice redhead with green eyes that has some temper.
    That is how it reads to me

Mighty Member

Maybe it is only about the looks and overall characteristics? He like a nice redhead with green eyes that has some temper.
    That is how it reads to me
    Nah fam, u just wanna convince yourself that he liked Jean for shallow reasons but we both know that ain’t it.
    I know u won’t admit but oh well

It's not impossible, but very unlikely. Morrison was just the beggining of the relationship, Scott was making the gradual change Jean to Emma.
    One time here and maybe another, since Jean was his partners for many years is very normal. Scott didn't like when she did it on Astonishing

Or my theory that Cyclops has a enournous fixation over Jean overall looks and archetype is likely
    not that he never loved jean, just that loved mostly faded away and it grew to be a fixatiob
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-26-2018 at 01:08 PM.

their relationship was toxic so there's that. I do think Emma was let things slide when it came to Scott bc she was head over heels for him. It allowed her to overlook things like Jean bc she was dead and no longer a threat to her
    Morrison screwed up Emma, she shouldnt be a school girl madly in love.
    And IDK what glued Scott to Emma.

It's not impossible, but very unlikely. Morrison was just the beggining of the relationship, Scott was making the gradual change Jean to Emma.
    One time here and maybe another, since Jean was his partners for many years is very normal. Scott didn't like when she did it on Astonishing

Or my theory that Cyclops has a enournous fixation over Jean overall looks and archetype is likely
    I dindt mean to imply that every time Scott was with Emma, he thought about Jean. That wasnt true. My point was that it did happen though and therefore wasnt a retcon. Theres several scenes which showcased it

Morrison screwed up Emma, she shouldnt be a school girl madly in love.
    And IDK what glued Scott to Emma.
    She was devoted to him. He really came to rely on her in a post M-Day world. He himself was changing and she condoned and supported all of his more questionable actions. I think theres also something to be said about him having a midlife crisis and she embodied a much needed change within himself during that era
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-26-2018 at 01:12 PM.