Page 60 of 190 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

HCT!Jean is (or was, now) 616!Jean; her intervention with Scott prevented her timeline from asserting, but until that intervention there was no distinction between her and the Jean who was killed by Xorn. At least, that’s my understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    If Emma knew for a fact that Scott chosen her over Jean .. she wouldn’t be so insecure.

Scott mistreated Emma during AvX ... and didn’t wanna associate with her afterwards. Wake me up whenever he does that same to Jean.

One of the main reasons my fellow Scott fans hate Jott/Jean ... is cause they see and know how weak Scott is to Jean n their love and that’s the main reason they want Jean away from Scott. His love for Jean is enormous.

Btw when was it retconned .. that he thought of her
    It's mentioned in Endsong Scott picked Emma. It's also mentioned in Gillens second last Uncanny issue.

Scott came to love Emma in Breakerworld where he says I love you to her right before they crashed.
    In Endsong they discuss it and Scott even says I chose you remember.

All hct jean did was remove his guilt as he felt guilty over jeans death. He felt so guilty he denied himself happiness with Emma

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-26-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dindt mean to imply that every time Scott was with Emma, he thought about Jean. That wasnt true. My point was that it did happen though and therefore wasnt a retcon. Theres several scenes which showcased it
    Scans or didn't happen.

She was devoted to him. He really came to rely on her in a post M-Day world. He himself was changing and she condoned and supported all of his more questionable actions. I think theres also something to be said about him having a midlife crisis and she embodied a much needed change within himself during that era
    You mean Scott was selfish. He loved that a woman backed everything he did and he felt good for it.
    The moment Scott felt emasculated that Emma had a affair wth Namor, he dumped her. There was not use for her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's mentioned in Endsong Scott picked Emma. It's also mentioned in Gillens second last Uncanny issue.

Scott came to love Emma in Breakerworld where he says I love you to her right before they crashed.

All hct jean did was remove his guilt as he felt guilty over jeans death. He felt so guilty he denied himself happiness with Emma

On Endsong Scott said that he moved on, and that Jean should also move on.

too bad it isn't in continuity.

I would really love Jean to say that she also moved on when she sees Scott again. that is what he deserves
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-26-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scans or didn't happen.

You mean Scott was selfish. He loved that a woman backed everything he did and he felt good for it.
    The moment Scott felt emasculated that Emma had a affair wth Namor, he dumped her. There was not use for her anymore.
    I'll have to get back to you.

I would agree with you except that it was a mutually beneficial arrangement. He got something out of the relationship just as Emma did (power, validation, love). They were both selfish which is why I found them toxic but it worked for them for a time. Scott did dump her when he no longer needed her. Emma stayed devoted to him even to her own detriment.

There is absolutely no evidence for that interpretation of HCT. I've been saying this for years, but HCT was one of the most insidious mental manipulations ever pulled off in the X-Books, with broad ramifications that completely robbed Scott of agency and left Emma in a "love potion" relationship. That's not just my opinion, but the opinion of Marvel editorial, both current and those who worked on the book in question.

Even if we forget all about that, and embrace your interpretation, that still means Emma and Scott's relationship was entirely due to Jean interference. So Scott choosing Emma was never actually what happened. He chose self-loathing. In your interpretation Jean took away that choice, leaving Emma as winner by default. She won a one horse race. I don't count that as choosing anything.

I do believe Scott had real feelings for Emma, but they didn't start in 2004. It was more akin to a pre-arranged marriage, where you eventually learn to love your spouse over time. Again, that's not my definition of choice.

Scans or didn't happen.

On Endsong Scott said that he moved on, and that Jean should also move on.

too bad it isn't in continuity.

I would really love Jean to say that she also moved on when she sees Scott again. that is what he deserves
    Endsong has never been retconned. Unless you know something I don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    There is absolutely no evidence for that interpretation of HCT. I've been saying this for years, but HCT was one of the most insidious mental manipulations ever pulled off in the X-Books, with broad ramifications that completely robbed Scott of agency and left Emma in a "love potion" relationship. That's not just my opinion, but the opinion of Marvel editorial, both current and those who worked on the book in question.

Even if we forget all about that, and embrace your interpretation, that still means Emma and Scott's relationship was entirely due to Jean interference. So Scott choosing Emma was never actually what happened. He chose self-loathing. In your interpretation Jean took away that choice, leaving Emma as winner by default. She won a one horse race. I don't count that as choosing anything.

I do believe Scott had real feelings for Emma, but they didn't start in 2004. It was more akin to a pre-arranged marriage, where you eventually learn to love your spouse over time. Again, that's not my definition of choice.
    Not Greg Paks, Not Morrison's and not any of the current writers.
    He made the decision before Jean dies. We know that decision, Emma knows that decision as she's a telepath. Then Jean dies. Then Scott chooses self loathing. It's mentioned there on the page. "I chose you"

The real feelings started in Whedons run after they got attacked by Danger on Breakerworld

Mighty Member

Well, I feel like only in Endsong .. Scott showed that her picked Emma over Jean (Jean interference) but after that there has been no follow up or whatsoever.
    He literally had a locket necklace of Him n Jean ... and thought of Jean when he was intimate with Emma .. how does that boil down to he loved Emma more?

Btw Scott would never say “I’d have picked Jean if she had survived” no one would mutter such words to their s/o esp since the other chick was dead. He’d only cockblock himself.

Scott didnt want anything to do with Emma after AvX, he still missed and wanted Jean tho.
    And PR supports what I’m saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'll have to get back to you.

I would agree with you except that it was a mutually beneficial arrangement. He got something out of the relationship just as Emma did (power, validation, love). They were both selfish which is why I found them toxic but it worked for them for a time. Scott did dump her when he no longer needed her. Emma stayed devoted to him even to her own detriment.
    Not on the same level. Emma loved Scott, and you are saying he didn't loved her. And he wasn't sincere with her in any moment. He lead her on something didn't existed, that is a horrible thing to do

Endsong has never been retconned. Unless you know something I don't?
    Many stories contradicts Endsong, including PR
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-26-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Well, I feel like only in Endsong .. Scott showed that her picked Emma over Jean (Jean interference) but after that there has been no follow up or whatsoever.
    He literally had a locket necklace of Him n Jean ... and thought of Jean when he was intimate with Emma .. how does that boil down to he loved Emma more?

Btw Scott would never say “I’d have picked Jean if she had survived” no one would mutter such words to their s/o esp since the other chick was dead. He’d only cockblock himself.

Scott did want anything to do with Emma after AvX, he still missed and wanted Jean tho.
    And PR supports what I’m saying.
    He thought of Jean when he was intimate with Emma you mean in AXM? before he loved her and it wasn't every time it was fleeting. And he said Emma was what he needed in Gillens run and he was being honest there as he had the Phoenix cosmic brain

Emma is a telepath

Additionally PR doesn't. Go ask Rosenberg he said it doesn't mean anything just that they're adults who on e cared about each other being civil

Why would he destroy a locket of a friend of his?

Scott asked Emma to carry on his legacy after AvX

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

I agree, he did love Emma ... but to claim he loved Emma more tha Jean or that he chosen Emma over Jean is a complete bullocks

I agree, he did love Emma ... but to claim he loved Emma more tha Jean or that he chosen Emma over Jean is a complete bullocks
    It's written on the page in Endsong. His heart also beat more in Endsong for Emma which is why the Phoenix went after her

Not Greg Paks, Not Morrison's and not any of the current writers.
    He made the decision before Jean dies. We know that decision, Emma knows that decision as she's a telepath. Then Jean dies. Then Scott chooses self loathing. It's mentioned there on the page. "I chose you"

The real feelings started in Whedons run after they got attacked by Danger on Breakerworld
    Scott didn't needed to choose Jean, he was married to her. First he meets Emma, say that he will choose her or jean. Doesnt say nothing, if he was gonna to choose Jean all he had to do was dump Emma and problem solved.

Scott didn't needed to choose Jean, he was married to her. First he meets Emma, say that he will choose her or jean. Doesnt say nothing, if he was gonna to choose Jean all he had to do was dump Emma and problem solved.
    It's mentioned in Endsong who he picks. And Emma's there and is a telepath so she knows his decision. Once Jeans dies things change he chooses self loathing. Jean removed Scott's guilt not Emmas
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-26-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Letting anybody chose between two people is pretty awful to be honest. man or woman

i think the choice at the time was a little vague but when Marvel wanted to keep Jean dead forever and push scemma, they said that the right decision was emma but now that they don't want much to do with emma, they are changing the narrative to jean.
    i think it's fantastic, they ignored so much stuff from jean/scott to push scemma, it's only fair they denigrate scemma for Jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-26-2018 at 04:07 PM.