Page 62 of 190 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I'm baffled by the idea that anything written in Morrison's run was done to keep Scott in character. If that were the case he wouldn't have been interested in Emma whatsoever (given her responsibility for the DPS) and he wouldn't have cheated on Jean, something he certainly had an opportunity to do previously but never occurred.

So to then suggest that Planet X and HCT were required to make the situation palatable to Scott, totally ignores the fact that any previous incarnation of the character would have found the entire premise unpalatable, whether an easy out existed or not. Not to mention that Scott's code that existed since the 60's is okay with an affair. That just doesn't make sense to me.
    Scott being interested in other women is in character. And the arc of the marriage falling apart lasted 31 issues. Psylocke, Coleen Wing, Lee Foster

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Scott being interested in other women is in character. And the arc of the marriage falling apart lasted 31 issues. Psylocke, Coleen Wing, Lee Foster
    First, being interested and doing something about it are two vastly different things. I said he had previous opportunities but he didn't pursue them. This makes his affair with Emma inconsistent to his previous history. Second, none of the those women had a hand in bringing about the death of someone Scott deeply cared about.

Honestly, the idea that Scott would have a affair at all given his history with Jean is extremely unlikely, but for object of the affair to be Emma Frost is absolutely over the top ridiculous. I accept it happened, but I will never accept that is was consistent with pre-Morrison Scott in anyway.

BANNED

Not my definition Rosenbergs it's in his tweets
    Link to the tweet in question?

First, being interested and doing something about it are two vastly different things. I said he had previous opportunities but he didn't pursue them. This makes his affair with Emma inconsistent to his previous history. Second, none of the those women had a hand in bringing about the death of someone Scott deeply cared about.

Honestly, the idea that Scott would have a affair at all given his history with Jean is extremely unlikely, but for object of the affair to be Emma Frost is absolutely over the top ridiculous. I accept it happened, but I will never accept that is was consistent with pre-Morrison Scott in anyway.
    That was hard to believe. On the first issues Scott puts it on the table, but that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Link to the tweet in question?
    You can search for it it's about a month back and the words are civil adults and bicker. I'll try and find it. He also has another tweet saying Scott didn't forget he loved Emma when asked about that scene in PR

There is absolutely no evidence for that interpretation of HCT. I've been saying this for years, but HCT was one of the most insidious mental manipulations ever pulled off in the X-Books, with broad ramifications that completely robbed Scott of agency and left Emma in a "love potion" relationship. That's not just my opinion, but the opinion of Marvel editorial, both current and those who worked on the book in question.

Even if we forget all about that, and embrace your interpretation, that still means Emma and Scott's relationship was entirely due to Jean interference. So Scott choosing Emma was never actually what happened. He chose self-loathing. In your interpretation Jean took away that choice, leaving Emma as winner by default. She won a one horse race. I don't count that as choosing anything.

I do believe Scott had real feelings for Emma, but they didn't start in 2004. It was more akin to a pre-arranged marriage, where you eventually learn to love your spouse over time. Again, that's not my definition of choice.
    I like Scemma but I tend to agree with this assessment - that is, without Jean's intervention and regardless of Scott's "true feelings" at that time, there would have been no Scemma. I do think that he came to genuinely love her later during Whedon's run, as do you.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You mean Scott was selfish. He loved that a woman backed everything he did and he felt good for it.
    The moment Scott felt emasculated that Emma had a affair wth Namor, he dumped her. There was not use for her anymore.
    Are there any significant cases where Jean didn't back a choice made by Scott as the leader of the X-Men/X-Factor? Not personal disagreements or decisions, like when he proposed to her, but something he did in a professional setting?

Every single X-Man backed what Scott did until Marvel contrived Schism - and even through victories, he and his team suffered a great deal.

You are reducing a complicated issue into simple terms to malign Scott - their relationship had been in trouble for a while and Emma didn't suddenly become useless because she wasn't his lover anymore. I wonder why Namor gets a pass from a certain set of posters for his numerous sins in AvX but Scott gets vilified endlessly in whatever fashion possible.

BANNED

You can search for it it's about a month back and the words are civil adults and bicker. I'll try and find it. He also has another tweet saying Scott didn't forget he loved Emma when asked about that scene in PR
    Are you sure you're not confusing someone else's words for Rosenberg's?

Not finding those tweets from him.

Are you sure you're not confusing someone else's words for Rosenberg's?

Not finding those tweets from him.
    Definitely not because I think I reposted the tweet a while back when i saw it. It was in relation to why Scott and Jean never argued over what happened. And his response was that they knew there was so little time and behaved like adults instead of bicker.

I found the Emma one

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...344893440?s=19

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Oh, so you're the person who is always asking for Jean to die and saying how everything is better when she is dead.
    You don't care for Jean at all.
    It's good to know it

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Oh, so you're the person who is always asking for Jean to die and saying how everything is better when she is dead.
    It's good to know it
    I honestly don't care for Jean in any instance and that's well known to these boards for years but I'm not sure what you're talking about. Im posting tweets asked for. There's another user a jean fan who was harrasing Rosenberg I believe called Faticious fanboy who might have asked the question I'm talking about
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-26-2018 at 06:49 PM.

BANNED

Lol that tweet just says "no".

It's good to know it
    Lol people don't have ship your favorite character with same character you ship him with. Varied opinions are good.

Lol that tweet just says "no".

Lol people don't have ship your favorite character with same character you ship him with. Varied opinions are good.
    I think you got me totally wrong.

also is more about trusting someone opinion of a character, when they don't care about said character

I think you got me totally wrong.

also is more about trusting someones opinion of a character, when they don't care about said character
    Nope they have you pegged well.

Also Rosenbergs favorite part of Morrison's X-Men was the affair. Just came across it there

Nope they have you pegged well.
    No, he thinks i'm a cyclops fan just because i like jott. which i'm not

No, he thinks i'm a cyclops fan just because i like jott. which i'm not
    Not what? A Cyclops fan? I’m not picking on you, just maybe you didn’t word this correctly...?