Page 7 of 190 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    My dislike for a character happens because this place, it happen with Storm and now with Jean. Jean more then Storm though.

Poor little saint Jean was hurt by mean Cyke and the evil Emma.

I know of a few Jean's fans that are not like this. I know of Cyke fans that defend him.

He cheated, but she was no saint eighter. Lets not forget Scott 1st wife. Both Jean and Scott are to blame for breaking up a family there. Ohh wait no this is about poor saint Jean........
    Jean had nothing to do with Maddie, it was Scott that abandoned his wife to see Jean. When Scott returns home there isn't anyone there, Maddie and his son vanished

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Hahaha...wouldn't have guessed.

I suppose Logan/Jean just isn't a pairing I ever really got into. I don't despise it, but I don't really feel it, either.
    Yeah, i'm that subttle

As a Wolverine fan, i only like then in the Age of Apocalypse universe, reading Hama/Kubert first 2 issues in that mini i saw potential for something interesting, but outside of that i dislike it. Usually because Logan come across as an ******* that has no respect for others or as a pathetic man that is hung on in a woman that would never love him in that way
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-21-2018 at 06:17 PM.

BANNED

Why would she be looking at his fantasies and she like the thoughs she saw in him.
    Still trying to find it.

She wasn't in his head specifically to creep up on his private thoughts.

My dislike for a character happens because this place, it happen with Storm and now with Jean. Jean more then Storm though.

Poor little saint Jean was hurt by mean Cyke and the evil Emma.

I know of a few Jean's fans that are not like this. I know of Cyke fans that defend him.

He cheated, but she was no saint eighter. Lets not forget Scott 1st wife. Both Jean and Scott are to blame for breaking up a family there. Ohh wait no this is about poor saint Jean........
    Is this like how people blame Emma as if she was the one who was married?

lol scapegoating

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean had nothing to do with Maddie, it was Scott that abandoned his wife to see Jean. When Scott returns home there isn't anyone there, Maddie and his son vanished
    You forgot the part where even though Jean knew he had a wife she makes a move on him. He found her dead then Jean and Scott do it in the ship. But that is all on Scott....

I am so just going to stop this, thanks to a Jean fan i began liking her again not going to go down that road just because this

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, I've said many times before that if Morrison was hellbent on putting Scott with Emma, there were a few ways of doing so without hurting (or killing) anybody. Of course, ardent Jott fans argue that if Jean and Scott are alive simultaneously then there's no keeping them apart - but I think an attempt should've been made to see how that story might've played out (no Schism or AvX?). Of course, Jeen and Tyke have been around for a long time and all that that's given us is milquetoast imitations of the characters that are perpetually stuck in the "will they, won't they" phase, so maybe the rule isn't infallible.
    I doubt it that we would see it, according to Rosenberg, who wrote sort of a reunion in PR, Scott and Jean aren't as petty to be still mad about the whole thing with Emma or Logan if people still want to beat that dead horse, some fans vocaly disagreed thougth.

You forgot the part where even though Jean knew he had a wife she makes a move on him. He found her dead then Jean and Scott do it in the ship. But that is all on Scott....

I am so just going to stop this, thanks to a Jean fan i began liking her again not going to go down that road just because this
    Scott was the one married to Maddie. Jean even thought Scott didn't loved her anymore, if only he could not go after Jean, maddie and nathan would be very well...

Yeah, I've said many times before that if Morrison was hellbent on putting Scott with Emma, there were a few ways of doing so without hurting (or killing) anybody. Of course, ardent Jott fans argue that if Jean and Scott are alive simultaneously then there's no keeping them apart - but I think an attempt should've been made to see how that story might've played out (no Schism or AvX?). Of course, Jeen and Tyke have been around for a long time and all that that's given us is milquetoast imitations of the characters that are perpetually stuck in the "will they, won't they" phase, so maybe the rule isn't infallible.
    teen romance is filled with "will they, won't they". Jean and Scott took a long time to start dating, so nothing to see here

Scott knew very well what he was doing. He was a ully consenting adult

Yeah, there's plenty of evidence that he understood that what he was doing was wrong - but no one in-story thought of it as seriously as a physical affair, not Scott or Jean or anyone. Not a defense of his actions, but important to note.

If he wrote them in character, they would just worlk out their problems. Morrison is much more plot focused than character drivn
    Haha, I'm fully in agreement with you here. Despite the fact that we argued for pages about the rationale behind their decisions, there's no question that if they'd been in-character, Jean and Scott would've confronted whatever problem had arisen from his post-possession and dealt with it. That's a story I would've liked to read, even if I enjoyed many of the stories that followed Morrison's run.

Yeah, there's plenty of evidence that he understood that what he was doing was wrong - but no one in-story thought of it as seriously as a physical affair, not Scott or Jean or anyone. Not a defense of his actions, but important to note.
    makes no difference, what happened just happened. It was phisical as it could get, mind is a damn powerful thing specially on astral plane.

Haha, I'm fully in agreement with you here. Despite the fact that we argued for pages about the rationale behind their decisions, there's no question that if they'd been in-character, Jean and Scott would've confronted whatever problem had arisen from his post-possession and dealt with it. That's a story I would've liked to read, even if I enjoyed many of the stories that followed Morrison's run.
    Morrison just wasn't interested on telling that story. he came to destroy the relationship, and for me he really did that very well.
    Sometimes I think I shouln't give in to Morrison intentions, but then I just get Mad at Scott and |Emma for many reasons. So yeah Jott is ruined for me

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i'm that subttle

As a Wolverine fan, i only like the in the Age of Apocalypse universe, reading Hama/Kubert first 2 issues in that mini i saw potential for something interesting, but outside of that i dislike it. Usually becuase Logan come across as an ******* that had no respect for others or as a pathetic man that is hung on in a woman that would never love him in that way
    Yeah, that's basically the same way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well Morrison was originally going to have Storm instead of Emma have an affair with Scott
    Yeah, I've read that somewhere too. That would've been interesting, although it comes with its own set of problems. Like Storm's fans on this forum.

teen romance is filled with "will they, won't they". Jean and Scott took a long time to start dating, so nothing to see here
    lol, how is that the one thing that doesn't get updated/deconstructed/changed from that period of comics?

Yeah, I've read that somewhere too. That would've been interesting, although it comes with its own set of problems. Like Storm's fans on this forum.

lol, how is that the one thing that doesn't get updated/deconstructed/changed from that period of comics?
    Lol, Storm fans would have gotten this thread in page 30 by this point

Fantastic Member

I was never able to cotton to Scott/Emma because of how they started. I LOVE bad characters in comics, Lex Luthor, Talia Al Ghul, people who do FAR worse then infidelity, but I have an instinctual aversion to Scott/Emma. I also wish the writers had done more to remove Jean from their relationship. I feel like Scott was always having a fever dream, remembering something Jean related. Then in Fraction's run we come to find out that he still has Emma put on the red wig and play "naughty Jean" when they had been together for years. And he couldn't tell the "difference" between Madelyne and Emma?!?!?! Then throw in Emma's comment in PR about how when she and Scott were together, his mind would wander to Jean. For Emma to admit that, I feel like his mind wandered to Jean more than "occasionally."

Because the triangle was taken to such SORDID heights, these three characters can NEVER be on a team book together. Emma's pursuit of Scott was nothing but cruel sport in the beginning and there is no way, from a character integrity standpoint, Jean can ever work with her again. Scott will be back at some point and he'll make a choice between the two, the Dude Bro's of Marvel will see to that. Whoever he DOESN'T choose is likely to find herself out of the X-Books.

For some reason, I honestly feel like it's going to be Jean. I think Scott choosing Emma, is going to break Jean's heart, like it or not, the writers have written Jean as still being in love with Scott, while Scott was written in a way that makes me think he was never really in love with Jean. I do think he feels a sense of possessiveness he's never felt towards Emma. But that's not love.

I'm interested in what it will mean for Jean from a character standpoint. I think the Astonishing Annual showed Jean, on some level, is bitter about how her life has turned out. Her marriage ended in a sordid and spectacularly humiliating manner and her family, the only people that really loved her, are all dead. And her Mother died hating her. People have commented that Jean has been somewhat cold at times and I think that will grow when/if the Jean-Scott-Emma situation is revisited.

I didn't like Scott/Jean until doing some re-reads. I really like the issue where Jean proposes to Scott. There were a few down-time issues where I found them charming but the way their relationship was ended, did a good job negating a lot of it.

I don't think it is any true. Storm was a really big friend of Jean.

Because it is good to milk a romance

Jean's a telepath. She and Scott had a psychic rapport. That was a very deep and intimate connection and something unique to them. People understimate what it must have felt like to learn that Scott had been connecting mentally with another telepath, especially since their rapport was broken.The intimacy there was probably worse than a physical affair.

I don't think it is any true. Storm was a really big friend of Jean.

Because it is good to milk a romance
    that only means it would have been out of character but writers have had characters do things they shouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I was never able to cotton to Scott/Emma because of how they started. I LOVE bad characters in comics, Lex Luthor, Talia Al Ghul, people who do FAR worse then infidelity, but I have an instinctual aversion to Scott/Emma. I also wish the writers had done more to remove Jean from their relationship. I feel like Scott was always having a fever dream, remembering something Jean related. Then in Fraction's run we come to find out that he still has Emma put on the red wig and play "naughty Jean" when they had been together for years. And he couldn't tell the "difference" between Madelyne and Emma?!?!?! Then throw in Emma's comment in PR about how when she and Scott were together, his mind would wander to Jean. For Emma to admit that, I feel like his mind wandered to Jean more than "occasionally."

Because the triangle was taken to such SORDID heights, these three characters can NEVER be on a team book together. Emma's pursuit of Scott was nothing but cruel sport in the beginning and there is no way, from a character integrity standpoint, Jean can ever work with her again. Scott will be back at some point and he'll make a choice between the two, the Dude Bro's of Marvel will see to that. Whoever he DOESN'T choose is likely to find herself out of the X-Books.

For some reason, I honestly feel like it's going to be Jean. I think Scott choosing Emma, is going to break Jean's heart, like it or not, the writers have written Jean as still being in love with Scott, while Scott was written in a way that makes me think he was never really in love with Jean. I do think he feels a sense of possessiveness he's never felt towards Emma. But that's not love.

I'm interested in what it will mean for Jean from a character standpoint. I think the Astonishing Annual showed Jean, on some level, is bitter about how her life has turned out. Her marriage ended in a sordid and spectacularly humiliating manner and her family, the only people that really loved her, are all dead. And her Mother died hating her. People have commented that Jean has been somewhat cold at times and I think that will grow when/if the Jean-Scott-Emma situation is revisited.

I didn't like Scott/Jean until doing some re-reads. I really like the issue where Jean proposes to Scott. There were a few down-time issues where I found them charming but the way their relationship was ended, did a good job negating a lot of it.
    it is obvious Scott gonna choose Jean. Emma is now avillain and scott with jean gonna make her descend into darkness even more.