Page 79 of 190 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2846
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean fans dont make up the entirety of the X-fandom. We were pissed but Marvel pressed on and Scott and Emma flourished individually and as a couple as they got a major push following Jean's death. Those two were the driving force of the franchise for quite a while
    Is it really a push if it ends with both characters being labeled as villains and being excluded and hated by the rest of the X-men?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Is it really a push if it ends with both characters being labeled as villains and being excluded and hated by the rest of the X-men?
    The rest of the X-Men ended up with egg on their faces. Giving the opposite response Marvel wanted

Ooh a love story between villains Titania/Absorbing Man eat your heart out

That didnt happen till 2012 long after several writer and editor changes to the line not to mention numerous status quo switch ups. Scott and Emma had a good 7-8 year run until things went downhill for them. Hell yes they got a major push following Jean's death

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Scott's deepest desire was to spend the rest of his life married to Emma. Even after IvX he entrusted his legacy to her. Scott as the Phoenix openly admitted Emma is everything Jean isn't and everything he needs. Scott also chose to be with Emma rather then stay in his stale marriage.

Calling it a mind wammy is as easy as me dismissing Jean/Scott as a high school crush with not enough variety in the school.
    Nothing of this matters at all, Marvel did the same for Maddie and Scott to prop up Jean and to jott for scemma. the other two were married what makes you think they won't do the same for scemma given that at least this time they aren't doing something as drastic as breaking a marriage? with so many evidence of previouss cases, it's obvious they don't care, they will butcher scemma like nothing to prop up whatever comes next for Scott, even if its not jean.

Ooh a love story between villains Titania/Absorbing Man eat your heart out
    No X-men romance can possibly be as good and pure as these

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nothing of this matters at all, Marvel did the same for Maddie and Scott to prop up Jean and to jott for scemma. the other two were married what makes you think they won't do the same for scemma given that at least this time they aren't doing something as drastic as breaking a marriage? with so many evidence of previouss cases, it's obvious they don't care, they will butcher scemma like nothing to prop up whatever comes next for Scott, even if its not jean.
    Writers like Scemma. Writers who liked Morrison's X-Men like Scemma. Morrison and Whedon wrote Scemma that's two household names. It's going no where

They'll play Jott vs Scemma for the next hundred years

Writers like Scemma. Writers who liked Morrison's X-Men like Scemma. Morrison and Whedon wrote Scemma that's two household names. It's going no where
    Yeah, freaking Claremont liked Maddie/Scott and most people liked Jott at the time, that doesn't mean anything.

Both jott and scemma are screwed, none is safe.

Do you honestly believe Scott's path after AvX, Jean coming back and emma on the hellfire club don't affect scemma at all?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-28-2018 at 02:42 PM.

BANNED

I mean, even Whedon showed Scott's first and foremost love was Jean. One of the last things he sees when he dies in the vacuum is her face when they first met. When Emma gets into his mind post Messiah Complex, he hides all the thoughts about Jean from her. He awkwardly changes the phrase "the woman we love" to "the woman we loved" in his head when THINKING about Jean and Logan keeping a lock of her hair (gross).
    Sure, he might have thought Emma was all he needed at the time, probably in the sense that he could talk to her without feeling judged for his thoughts, but that was Gillen's vision, the guy who buried their relationship and thought Emma should backstab Scott if he were to write qithout editorial oversight.

I just say all of this bc this all feels very weird with the way you're discussing. Even during Fraction's era it was obvious he would always love Jean more.

Yeah, freaking Claremont liked Maddie/Scott and most people liked Jott at the time, that doesn't mean anything.

Both jott and scemma are screwed, none is safe.

Do you honestly believe Scott's path after AvX, Jean coming back and emma on the hellfire club don't affect scemma at all?
    The Hellfire Club is now an organization of good according to Leah Williams.

I see Jean moving on as well. But I see writers using Jott and Scemma to play of each other and dialling the drama to 11. This is marvel nothing is static. Circular stale story telling but the dynamics change.

The Hellfire Club is now an organization of good according to Leah Williams.

I see Jean moving on as well. But I see writers using Jott and Scemma to play of each other and dialling the drama to 11. This is marvel nothing is static. Circular stale story telling but the dynamics change.
    Yeah Jean is going to date someone else (marvel thinks of her more than an accessory for scott unlike emma). Jott is even more complicated than scemma but i'm just pointing out that both are screwed and were since morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I mean, even Whedon showed Scott's first and foremost love was Jean. One of the last things he sees when he dies in the vacuum is her face when they first met. When Emma gets into his mind post Messiah Complex, he hides all the thoughts about Jean from her. He awkwardly changes the phrase "the woman we love" to "the woman we loved" in his head when THINKING about Jean and Logan keeping a lock of her hair (gross).
    Sure, he might have thought Emma was all he needed at the time, probably in the sense that he could talk to her without feeling judged for his thoughts, but that was Gillen's vision, the guy who buried their relationship and thought Emma should backstab Scott if he were to write qithout editorial oversight.

I just say all of this bc this all feels very weird with the way you're discussing. Even during Fraction's era it was obvious he would always love Jean more.
    I find this a bit odd as well. Even in AvX, an apparition of Jean is what causes him to let go of the Phoenix aside from giving him advice on the moon.

Yeah Jean is going to date someone else (marvel thinks of her more than an accessory for scott unlike emma). Jott is even more complicated than scemma but i'm just pointing out that both are screwed and were since morrison.
    Morrison gave the franchise life.

I find this a bit odd as well. Even in AvX, an apparition of Jean is what causes him to let go of the Phoenix aside from giving him advice on the moon.
    And she called him an idiot and told him to tell Wolverine she loves the name of that derelict school

Yes he did. Doesn't mean he didn't screw a few characters on the process

I feel that was the point despite how it treated some of the characters. With the poor comic sales of the 90's and the near bankruptcy, Marvel needed to change what they had and it cost the marriages of a couple of superheroes to "fix" the problem as they saw it.

And she called him an idiot and told him to tell Wolverine she loves the name of that derelict school
    I feel that's the point. Scott has always felt Jean was out of his league which is probably why Emma is what he believes himself to need. At the same time, Jean is what he wants.