Page 8 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it is obvious Scott gonna choose Jean. Emma is now avillain and scott with jean gonna make her descend into darkness even more.
    Scott is kind of young for Jean ¬¬ and he's too much of a nice guy for making her descend into darkness... Maybe he's too much of a boy scout for her tastes

BANNED

They have booted Emma back to villainy specifically because Jott is coming back.

Only question is how extreme they go with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    They have booted Emma back to villainy specifically because Jott is coming back.

Only question is how extreme they go with it.
    Actually plenty of writers say that Scott mère existence undermines Jean and I'm sure they're not the only ones sharing that opinion, so I see his return as distant and glorious

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    When Jean fixes Emma she says Scott needs you. Whether he wanted lust with Emma and then he actually fell in love in Whedons run sure. But he chose Emma according to Endsong.
    These aren't NXM panels. Nothing said here proves in any way that Scott was "in love" with Emma pre HCT, which as you'll recall was the line you quoted from Hopeless that started this ball rolling. Emma fell in love with him during NXM, no doubt. We can argue about how pure that love is sure, given her history and all, but it was unrequited. If that were not the case, Morrison wouldn't have needed to write a miniseries to make Emma and Scott's relationship make sense.

As for the whole "PheonixJean just helped Scott past his guilt" thing, this is simply not that case. I will continue to parade out the answer of Morrison's editor, Stephanie Moore, because people seem to forget it or try to pretend it doesn't exist...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Actually plenty of writers say that Scott mère existence undermines Jean and I'm sure they're not the only ones sharing that opinion, so I see his return as distant and glorious
    lol nah. What do you think is on that spoiler cover of Extermination #5?

Mr. Toxic is coming back and so is Jott.

All this stuff Exodus Cloak has been posting in this thread is going to be ignored so that it will go over better.

I wonder if they will run with the whole "Emma raped Scott into being with her" thing as part of the villainous angle on her?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Again not acting in any professional capacity even if you want to believe that she really is a qualified sex therapist. She was acting in the capacity as a friend. And Cyclops issues was that he wanted to try new things sex wise and was embarrassed. Wolverine even said to him Jean would be happy to try those things he just needs to tell her.
    He went to Emma to talk about sexual fantasies he was having and try them.
    I don't have to believe it, it was posted and she said it. She wasn't joking or kidding around and Scott came to her because he couldn't talk to Jean about how he had changed and the things he felt. He didn't go to her to try new sexual fantasies. He told Emma he couldn't talk to Jean about "the stuff that matters most" and if you're seriously telling me the stuff that matters most is his libido, then you're crazy.

BANNED

All this stuff Exodus Cloak has been posting in this thread is going to be ignored so that it will go over better.

I wonder if they will run with the whole "Emma raped Scott into being with her" thing as part of the villainous angle on her?
    is tyke deciding to stay in the present, or unable to leave it. . . Also who's Mr toxic anyways? some kind of poison master mutant? Because that's one of my top 10 favorite powers. . .

On the other hand if they change the sex therapy into Emma raping Scott (with her D cup) that'd mean Cyclops never actually cheated on her, are you sure you want marvel to run that angle?

Have you even read Taylor? Jean's busy blazing new trails in Red. Marvel would be terrified to bring Scott back at this point because there's simply is no way to make him or Jean look good sharing panels again. Either Jean rejects him, which goes against all established canon on the character or she gets back together with him showing her as weak because how can she still be a strong women and forgive a cheater. Don't get me started on the who cheated who conversation.

Marvel is going to slow burn Scott's return, because it's a snake pit whichever way they go, and I don't think they've decided yet which evil is lesser, or which story might sell more.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    is tyke deciding to stay in the present, or unable to leave it. . . Also who's Mr toxic anyways? some kind of poison master mutant? Because that's one of my top 10 favorite powers. . .

On the other hand if they change the sex therapy into Emma raping Scott (with her D cup) that'd mean Cyclops never actually cheated on her, are you sure you want marvel to run that angle?
    Could Scott come back as the new Toxic Avenger? Not on the team of course, he'd still be an X-Man because Avengers...yuck.

Also, if it is retconned into a non-consensual thing, there are quite a few Cyclops haters who's heads would implode. Can't hate him if he was a victim lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Also, if it is retconned into a non-consensual thing, there are quite a few Cyclops haters who's heads would implode. Can't hate him if he was a victim lol
    Sure they can. Scott's been a victim scads of times. Hasn't stopped anyone yet.

Could Scott come back as the new Toxic Avenger? Not on the team of course, he'd still be an X-Man because Avengers...yuck.

Honestly, if they retcon it in that way.... i think some Scemma shippers are going to be pissed and sad.

BANNED

Poison powers are way too awesome and imba for the X men world

ALso if you read the maddie retcon, it pretty much implies that maddie used her powers to make Cyclops fall in love with her and that she's evil from day 1 and never loved him, leaving some creepy implications about his marriage with her, but his haters still said that's he's the worst even tough she's the evil one in the equation (i think that retcon is stupid tough, I made peace with Cyclops being a deadbeat husband, he suffered enough for it). NOw if Scemma gets retconned into non consensual don't be surprised if his haters find an angle to hate on him, as for me, they've called Cyke Hitler for two years straight so I don't see how marvel could top that any time soon Maybe if he's the guy killing all inhumans, but that'd make me love him even more

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly, if they retcon it in that way.... i think some Scemma shippers are going to be pissed and sad.
    Add me to that list, I like Scemma almost as much as I like Jott

Quote Originally Posted by TheMessiahIsAlwaysRight View Post
    I agree. Maybe Cable's death can rekindle their relationship. But will Scott return this time?
    Actually, I doubt it. The Set It Right thing is more like teasing his return. I think it may be young cable as it has already shown, or Tyke or Nate Grey. As much as I love the story of Cyke coming back and saving his kind, I don't think Marvel loves him enough to make him the greatest savior...again.

I'd be very interested in seeing Jean and Logan together (And in a real way and story, not the randomness of Storm and Logan). That story has never really happened and was more of a "What could've been".

I prefer for Emma and Scott to remain single. I don't need Scemma, that story has run its course and wasn't that interesting to me. I dealt with it cause it meant I got to see more of Emma, but I'd honestly prefer to see stand in the forefront separate from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I'd be very interested in seeing Jean and Logan together (And in a real way and story, not the randomness of Storm and Logan). That story has never really happened and was more of a "What could've been".

I prefer for Emma and Scott to remain single. I don't need Scemma, that story has run its course and wasn't that interesting to me. I dealt with it cause it meant I got to see more of Emma, but I'd honestly prefer to see stand in the forefront separate from one another.
    Ehh.... Logan and Ororo wasn't random, those 2 had been flirting with eacth other since her mohawk days, granted i can't really say that the relationship was well handled especially under Cornell whose work in the characther still make me cringe, but it didn't come out nowhere, the have been implied to be FWB for quite some time.

Not that i want the together with neither thougth, Marvel generally does a poor job when it comes to make 2 superheroes date, unless that both are teamates without solo titles (again this is why is usually a bad idea for Spider-Man and Wolverine to date heroines).

Edit: Hell teamates isn't fool proof, just look the debates beetween fans that aren't exaclty fond of Jott or Romy.... but that's another song.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-21-2018 at 10:08 PM.