Page 91 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Hizashi already countered all your bad arguments nicely. But I just wanted to highlight this one.

Like, seriously? The heck the whole Maddie debacle is even about? What you are describing has already happened to Scott, multiple times it can be argued. And it literally hasn't happened to Jean.
    happened, but Scott was pretty fine when Jean died the 2nd time, dating Emma

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    happened, but Scott was pretty fine when Jean died the 2nd time, dating Emma
    Jean altered his feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's definitely from X-Factor 1. The poster you were responding to said he basically had a nervous breakdown after seeing Jean. The panel I posted is basically right after he see's Jean for the first time.

I don't think you can really say Scott was in a good place prior to seeing Jean either. Him and Maddie has been fighting almost non-stop is seemed, and Scott's was reeling from his duel loss to Storm.

If I recall the context of that panel, Scott had been hanging out at the docks, drinking himself to oblivion for days at that point.
    I know it was from X-Factor 1 but happened weeks after Maddie gave the ultimatum (which the poster also mentioned in relation to the "nervous breakdown"). I acknowledge that he was depressed in your scan but thats not a nervous breakdown. Thats very severe and symptomatic of deeper mental issues. He was not on the verge of losing his mind and we saw that as he was fine by the end of the issue with X-Factor formed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know it was from X-Factor 1 but happened weeks after Maddie gave the ultimatum (which the poster also mentioned in relation to the "nervous breakdown"). I acknowledge that he was depressed in your scan but thats not a nervous breakdown. Thats very severe and symptomatic of deeper mental issues. He was not on the verge of losing his mind and we saw that as he was fine by the end of the issue with X-Factor formed.
    He lost his mind when he returned to alaska and maddie was missing tough, now that's really sad

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He lost his mind when he returned to alaska and maddie was missing tough, now that's really sad
    Did he? I think we are using the terms differently and when I say lose his mind, Im talking about a full mental breakdown where he becomes insane for lack of a better word. I dont think Scott was ever written as insane in that series. I dont think he was on the verge of insanity in either scenario. He was depressed and thats not all that uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How long did it take Scott to fly to New York? Weeks? I don't think so. He got Warren's call, left immediately and likely jumped the first plane. It was mostly probably the next day.

I'll leave the diagnoses of Scott's condition in that panel to a clinician but I will say that was an extreme break from Scott's usual behavior. Hell, it could have been a psychotic break for all we know. Not at all surprising given what he'd just become aware of compounding the hell his life obviously was prior to seeing Jean alive again.

And he was definitely not fine later. His life continued to come apart by degrees in the issues that followed. Scott may have acted fine but the clear undertone was that both Scott and later Jean to a lesser extent were experiencing extreme emotional upset.

Usually Scott is extremely stoic when everything is falling apart around him. I posted that panel to show how extreme things had gotten for Scott that he actually collapsed to that level. Show me another crisis that left him in that state, before or since. The only one I can think of that comes close is AvX Consequences when he's basically suicidal.

BANNED

nevermind the fact that his "wife" was a ploy by Sinister

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    She just removed the guilty, the first time she died he was even better

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "He didn't even try."

*shows irrefutable evidence that he did*

"Alright, but not enough"

He quit literally everything, and then Jean had to nudge him to "live", but that's not enough for some people.
    Live doesn't mean he had to hook up with Emma.

did Cyclops forgot that Emma screwed Jean badly on the past? Like people like to ignore this
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-30-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    How long did it take Scott to fly to New York? Weeks? I don't think so. He got Warren's call, left immediately and likely jumped the first plane. It was mostly probably the next day.

I'll leave the diagnoses of Scott's condition in that panel to a clinician but I will say that was an extreme break from Scott's usual behavior. Hell, it could have been a psychotic break for all we know. Not at all surprising given what he'd just become aware of compounding the hell his life obviously was prior to seeing Jean alive again.

And he was definitely not fine later. His life continued to come apart by degrees in the issues that followed. Scott may have acted fine but the clear undertone was that both Scott and later Jean to a lesser extent were experiencing extreme emotional upset.

Usually Scott is extremely stoic when everything is falling apart around him. I posted that panel to show how extreme things had gotten for Scott that he actually collapsed to that level. Show me another crisis that left him in that state, before or since. The only one I can think of that comes close is AvX Consequences when he's basically suicidal.
    The very first pages in X-Factor #1 showed he wasnt happy. Yeah I might have exaggerated with the nervous breakdown but he never looked so bad like he did in that panel right after seeing Jean alive.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The first time Jean died he told Charles "Peace out" and left. He even turned down that blond chick, Lee Forrester, who wanted his other one-eyed wonder.

BANNED

did Cyclops forgot that Emma screwed Jean badly on the past? Like people like to ignore this
    that says more about HIM than her

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The first time Jean died he told Charles "Peace out" and left. He even turned down that blond chick, Lee Forrester, who wanted his other one-eyed wonder.
    what makes you think she DIDNT get his other one-eyed wonder?

Mighty Member

Live doesn't mean he had to hook up with Emma.

Didn’t JDW confirm that Jean did more than just “remove guilt”

Btw Cyclops was wrong to ask Emma for help ... thing is all Cyke fans admit it n know it.

Both Jean n Cyclops handling their martial problem like sh!t, they sought out outside help n comfort which was the root of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    We missed him as soon as he was gone - and none of us wished Jean's absence on her fans or for her to leave the way that she did.
    At least Cyclops wasn't fridged

When did the comics or Scott denigrate Jean herself? I believe Jott was certainly dissed by the comics, but I don't recall anyone congratulating Scott on ditching Jean to be with Emma. And among Cyclops' own fans there is debate over whether he actually grew or was deconstructed or anything in-between.
    I don't remember cyclops defending her. When she hsowed up on Endsong first thing he wanted to do was kill her. Kitty called him out on it.
    Then Logan says she is using red and gold, then Scott says she is dark phoenix and everyone agree that they should kill her.

The implication here being that Cyclops' character depends on Jean wanting him? That's absurd and no one is asserting this - except for you. Jott fans ultimately want Scott with only Jean and vice-versa but that's not the same thing as your assertion that Cyclops fans specifically can't stand Jean being with someone else because it will reflect badly on him - the only sticking point is any new Jean relationship dragging Scott, we don't want to see that. So the simple solution is to just keep Scott out of it.

And no, Emma herself or the occasional comic asserting that she was a better partner for Scott isn't the same thing - and a majority of Cyclops fans would agree that doing that wasn't necessary or warranted.
    That happened a lot and Cyclops was one the guys saying it

Scott doesn't need Jean to prop him up just like she doesn't need him to prop her up.
    Scott literally had Jean dying to prop him

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    that says more about HIM than her
    Yes, it was all on Scott

what makes you think she DIDNT get his other one-eyed wonder?
    She got it, then was out because of the superheroing
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-30-2018 at 12:03 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Then she altered his feelings and Abbz is still correct. What do you think "guilt" is?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Then she altered his feelings and Abbz is still correct. What do you think "guilt" is?
    Still Jean didn't make him go kissing Emma, it was on him

Didn’t JDW confirm that Jean did more than just “remove guilt”

Btw Cyclops was wrong to ask Emma for help ... thing is all Cyke fans admit it n know it.

Both Jean n Cyclops handling their martial problem like sh!t, they sought out outside help n comfort which was the root of the problem.
    Unless it is written on a book, "live" is just "live". not a hook up with Emma

Scott knew Emma wants to sleep with him, and he still trusted her
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-30-2018 at 12:13 PM.