Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default Superman November 2018 Solicitations

SUPERMAN #5
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    What could tempt Kryptonian criminal General Zod to reenter the Phantom Zone after years of imprisonment? As Superman tries to free himself from the Kryptonian jail and fight off the monster who destroyed Krypton, Zod returns to face Rogol Zaar and get vengeance for his dead world and its lost potential.
    ON SALE 11.14.18

SUPERGIRL #24
    written by MARC ANDREYKO
    art and cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Supergirl goes bar-hopping…in space! Hot on the trail of Rogol Zaar, Supergirl is on the hunt for the Krypton killer’s mysterious cohorts known as the Circle. That quest finds the Maid of Might kicking over rocks at a scuzzy intergalactic dive bar, where she runs into Ambush Bug of all people—not to mention a wretched hive of scum and villains who want to kill her, too. But before Supergirl can track down Krypton’s former location, her suit’s yellow sun energy starts to run out, which is going to leave her gasping in the vacuum of space!
    ON SALE 11.14.18

ACTION COMICS #1,005
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    The murderous mystery of the Red Cloud uncovered! Clark Kent draws closer to revealing a secret crime family that has operated for years in Metropolis, but the family’s enforcer—the mysterious Red Cloud—proves she’s a match for even the Man of Steel with an attack that leaves Superman breathless. Don’t miss the last-page shocker as we reveal the true face of the Red Cloud!
    ON SALE 11.28.18
    Buh-bye

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #8
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by GARY FRANK
    variant cover by GARY FRANK
    The critical and commercial hit series by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank continues following the shocking revelations of last issue. As the truth behind Dr. Manhattan’s actions against the DC Universe are revealed, Ozymandias turns to the only being who can stop him: Superman.
    ON SALE 11.28.18

HEROES IN CRISIS #3
    written by TOM KING
    art and cover by CLAY MANN
    variant cover by RYAN SOOK
    The Man of Steel versus…Booster Gold?! Superman finds out the hard way that Booster can be a formidable opponent when his back’s against the wall. Of course, being the prime suspect in a superhero massacre and exposing a secret trauma hospital for metahumans will do just that. Meanwhile, Batman and the Flash combine their detective skills to investigate what went awry at Sanctuary and uncover a serious glitch in the system—not to mention an explosive, spoiler-ific secret!
    ON SALE 11.28.18

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #4
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art by CARLO BARBERI and ART THIBERT
    cover by DAN MORA
    Jon Kent learns it’s better to be dead than red…Kryptonite, that is! Traveling the cosmos to get home and escape the intergalactic teen baddies known as the Gang, Superboy and Robin wind up on the so-called “Planet of Mystery.” There, Superboy deals with Red Kryptonite exposure, which throws his powers out of whack, while the planet haunts and taunts them both with nightmare creatures. They’ll need to wrap up this rest stop ASAP though, as the Gang is hot on their tails looking for a pound of flesh—which is a lethal amount when you’re a tween!
    ON SALE 11.07.18
    Buh-bye

Plus a few more loosely connected ones:

ELECTRIC WARRIORS #1
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art and cover by TRAVEL FOREMAN
    variant cover by BENGAL
    A new tale of the future DC Universe, set in a previously unexplored timeline—the Cosmic Dark Age!
    Years after the Great Disaster, the Earth has started to rebuild and rejoin the universal coalition. In order to prevent a galactic war, different worlds throughout the known cosmos have created a new system of competitive combat to give each participating planet their own voice in the intergalactic struggle. Each world has one diplomatic gladiator, chosen to possess the Electric Seed and fight for their homeland as the Electric Warrior! Each fighter forsakes their personal life in the name of peace.
    So what happens when Earth can’t choose a single combatant and sends two instead? The bruiser War Cry represents the humans of Earth, while Deep Dweller, a shape-shifter from the Octopus Tribe, represents the animal kingdom. Can they maintain one common goal, or will they tear Earth’s tenuous coexistence to shreds and destroy the rest of the universe with it? Oh, and War Cry also has a powerful relic from Earth’s past: Superman’s cape!
    ON SALE 11.14.18

DAMAGE #11
    ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
    cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    It’s the showdown almost a year in the making: Damage versus the Justice League! All Ethan Avery wanted was to be a hero. But instead, the military turned him into Damage, the one-hour monster of mass destruction. Now, at the top-secret military installation where Damage’s story began, the most powerful superheroes in the world arrive to end it. Ethan must choose between surrendering himself into captivity or fighting the heroes he aspires to be for his freedom. This can only end one way: Damage versus Superman!
    ON SALE 11.21.18

INJUSTICE 2 ANNUAL #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by BRUNO REDONDO
    and JUAN ALBARRAN
    cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Injustice 2 ends here—so as the story segues into/sets up the Injustice 2 video game, we take one final look back. Batman and Superman’s alliance was torn apart years ago by the events of Injustice. But when Bruce Wayne receives unexpected visitors, he is reminded of a happier time when Clark was his savior. A time of the World’s Finest friendship.
    ON SALE 11.21.18
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo......

Like, where do I even start?

Superman: Oddly enough, I'm kind of extremely happy with Superman issue #5 solicit mainly because it preemptively answers whoever was gonna say "but Zod's over at Green Lantern having a war with the Dark Stars! How's he now back in the Phantom Zone??" Well there you have it. He goes back of his own volition. That frees the story up from that imaginary shackle. Other than that, I'm actually really interested to see Bendis to a begrudging Superman team up/have Zod and Zaar interact.

Action Comics: Kind of glad to see that we're getting through the Red Cloud mystery early. Other than that, not much to say about this book other than I can't wait for Wednesday. Also freakin Sook on art!

Supergirl: So, you're telling me that Kara is going to be bar hopping from dive to dive looking for answers on a tough guy....in space, she's gonna meet up with Bug (as a direct continuation and playoff to Man of Steel issue 2), AND Shanner is gonna draw it? Damn, did they just make the issue for me personally?

Doomsday Clock: I've honestly been pretty into the book when it's just Johns doing this really detailed and lived-in look at the DCU during a really bad time that happens to have these other characters in it, and that's more or less most of the issues. Now you're telling me it comes with Superman actually doing something? Gosh, where do I sign!? Seriously though, I dig it more or less.

Super Sons: They really gotta chill out with these Mora covers. I feel like I need him on the interiors at this point. But other than that the solicit describes a fantastic and fast paced adventure that sort of contradicts the slower start of issue 1. I'm totally all the way in for this book. It gets extra points from me for not using Smallville's version of red K, but instead opting for the classic super strange style that would go perfectly with the idea behind this book and story.

Heroes In Crisis: I'm all the way in for this book on the names involved alone. I'd actually love to see what King has in mind for Boster evading the most power being on the planet.

Electric Warriors: Ever since that interview I read regarding this a bit ago and how much it would use Superman's iconography and possibly even allude to him being in the sun, I've been way more interested.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-20-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Doc Shanner drawing Supergirl even for just one issue, is all sorts of awesome. Excited for the other Bendis books as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    INJUSTICE 2 ANNUAL #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by BRUNO REDONDO
    and JUAN ALBARRAN
    cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Injustice 2 ends here—so as the story segues into/sets up the Injustice 2 video game, we take one final look back. Batman and Superman’s alliance was torn apart years ago by the events of Injustice. But when Bruce Wayne receives unexpected visitors, he is reminded of a happier time when Clark was his savior. A time of the World’s Finest friendship.
    ON SALE 11.21.18
    Please let it be the last of injustice... no more hints to another sequel.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Please let it be the last of injustice... no more hints to another sequel.
    Injustice is a never-ending saga. Sorry.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

SHAMELESS PLUG FOR CHRISTOPHER PRIEST

Deathstroke issue #37 says "“DEATHSTROKE: ARKHAM” continues! It’s Groundhog Day for Deathstroke. After experiencing a strange encounter with an inmate claiming to be an alien, Slade Wilson wakes up in Arkham Asylum as if nothing happened"

So likely that's Saturn Girl since this is a year before Doomsday Clock and she's not out yet. So, yeah, also buy this book too
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I was wondering about what happens when Maguire needs a break, and Shaner is really perfect. I'm definitely buying all the titles actually featuring the Superman family, sounds like a great month.

Tempted to get World's Finest, it was a good era for Swan. And I guess I never noticed before, but what does it mean that the solicit collections are on sale at much later dates?

Superman has got a good look in one of the drowned earth covers.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman #5
    action comics #1,005
    electric warriors #1

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I love when the \S/ on Superman's cape is colored this way instead of being full yellow.

Would it make any sense if it turns out that Red Cloud is Lois Lane?

Thoughts:

- I'm curious what Bendis' Zod might be like. The closest Marvel equivalent that he's written beforehand is probably Doom, I guess, and his Doom was kind of all over the place. Maybe Kang? Although his Kang wasn't very memorable.

- Unless Kara's been aged-up, I hope they play up the humor of her bar-hopping when she's not even old enough to drink yet .

- I'm kind of bummed that Kara's traveling through dive bars and she doesn't chance upon Lobo yet. It's like I'm once again losing out on the chance to see Supergirl take on Lobo .

- Evan Shaner on Supergirl is a pretty big deal. It's nice to see them putting some top-tier talent on Kara's book .

- Nice to see some classic Red K in action in Super Sons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Would it make any sense if it turns out that Red Cloud is Lois Lane?
    That's possible, Lois is profiled on the Red Cloud suspect list of Action#1001, but the question of whether or not it's the real Lois is brought up on that same list, so even if that were the case, readers have an option not to take it at face value just yet.