Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Action Comics 1005
    Batman 58 & 59
    Damage 11
    Red Hood & The Outlaws 28
    Sideways 10
    Silencer 11

Solicits for Silencer and Damage sound "next issue is the last". Hope I'm wrong though?
    Yeah i got the same feeling. It's sad because i liked Silencer.

It seems that they finally got Gaiman approval for Doctor Endless (the character that blocked Black Files).

For me

Wonder Woman
    Batgirl
    Batman Beyond
    JL Odyssey
    Nightwing
    Red Hood

Mighty Member

Will definitely be getting Heroes in Crisis #3 and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably get my usuals. And maybe I'll dabble in the Vertigo and Sandman stuff. But I have to admit, Hex Wives sounds a bit cringy.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Batman
    Detective
    Green Lantern
    Harley
    Hero's in Crisis (Maybe we'll get some Tim Drake).
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Yeah i got the same feeling. It's sad because i liked Silencer.

It seems that they finally got Gaiman approval for Doctor Endless (the character that blocked Black Files).
    Well, hopefully it'll end with a blast if it had to end in December. I also think that The Silencer, Damage and Sideways, at the very least, will find some niche in other people's books. I can see the former joining an Outsider/extended Batman-world book, the second becoming a recurring character in Superman (if only because a sensible Clark kent would probably befriend Ethan and try to lift his spirits, if nothing else, possibly also reveal the dark underbelly of the U.S. army or something) and the latter can either join the Teen Titans or simply pop up here and there when Multiversial threats arise.

Overall, this month will be good for me : Red Hood, Electric Warriors, the NAoH books, JLO, JLD, all the Aquaman stuff... Pretty heavy month !

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Cutting back and dropping off a lot of stuff, giving things way less issues to win me over, a lack of new series/creative teams I care about, plus the lack of trades of older stuff I want (e.g. Wally Flash and Legion stuff) means this is a REALLY small month of stuff I'm definitely getting.

Definitely:
    AMERICAN CARNAGE #1 - Sounds interesting, and Bryan Hill is a good writer.
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #8 - Yay, answers! Alos, guess Johns need to pretend Superman has had underwear this entire time now lol.
    BATMAN #58 - Hm. Interesting, I guess. Maybe Cobblepot knows about Bane's stupidly elaborate and unforeshadowed plan that totally doesn't feel forced at all?
    BATMAN #59
    DOOM PATROL #12 - ........watch it get delayed again. Also, thank God this is a oneoff, because I completely forgot wtf happened in the second arc and Milk Wars. Is the "V2" more than just a joke and actually serious? Because Milk Wars was probably meant to be bigger than it was.

BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 8: ON THE OUTSIDE TP - Dig this arc so far, plus it seems like setup for an Outsiders ongoing, which I would read the crap out of if Hill wrote it! Also, I guess that Moreci issue... legit not sure if In read that or not. Hm.
    BATMAN: PRODIGAL TP NEW EDITION - Welp, guess these are still going!
    CAVE CARSON HAS AN INTERSTELLAR EYE TP
    DOOM PATROL VOL. 2: NADA TP - Um... I guess issue 12 isn't the start of a new arc, but a random one-off? Seriously, this is weird, second arc is obviously a lead-in to Milk Wars so issue 12 being here kinda throws off the pace. I personally would wait for the third arc to be done, and if not that, just not do the issue.
    THE FLASH VOL. 8: FLASH WAR TP - Wish this and Perfect Storm were in an OHC, since I kinda just want the Wally stuff in one trade. Also, wtf in the annual wasn't related to this story? I legit can't remember. WEirded me out when the Rogues arc said it was collecting part of the annual too.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE WORLD’S GREATEST SUPER-HEROES BY ALEX ROSS AND PAUL DINI TP NEW EDITION - New edition? I HAVEN'T HEARD OF THIS BEFORE. Seriously, I've always wanted to read the Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman stuff, and kinda the Shazam, so... yay!
    SCALPED BOOK FOUR TP - YES! Was just talking to someone about how these need to come out faster. Loving this series, but I need to pace myself so I don't burn through a trade in a day. Just last week, I was meant to read one issue and ended up reading three or four.
    WILDSTORM: MICHAEL CRAY VOL. 2 TP

Maybe:
    THE GREEN LANTERN #1 - Not a big Hal fan (though I have warmed up to him a lot more recently), and it's Morrison -- probably gonna read better in trade when I'm sleep-deprived.
    HEROES IN CRISIS #3 - Oh jeez... they know what they're implying! Seriously, DC! Don't do it! Let Wally be happy! Also, depends on how the previous issues are, because I'm over my honeymoon phase with Tom King.
    SHAZAM! #1 - Not a big Shazam fan or how Johns writes him iirc (his first story was YEARS ago). Also, wow, coincidental that he's writing the series when the movie hype is picking up... is Johns gonna start being a Bendis about this kind of stuff and taking projects because they have movies? I don't wanna get the DC equivalent of Bendis' GotG and Defenders.
    BATGIRL #29
    BORDER TOWN #3
    DETECTIVE COMICS #992 - Still not sure about Robinson being on 'Tec, even if it is filler (seriously, Tomasi's taking his sweet ass time!). But hey, Di Giandomenico! I like his art, at least I did over in The Flash where he got to play around with lightning and stuff. I think a darker comic would suit him pretty well, so sure, might give it a try... or flip through it at least to look at the art. His name alone got me more interested.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #993 - I WISH Two-Face stayed dead. All-Star Batman was OKAY and kinda interesting, but Tomasi's arc was such a fitting end to his character, it's sad that it was undone, especially since Tomasi set up a new Two-Face and everything. I guess that was before he took on the Superman stuff? Well, at least he'll get the chance to follow up on it himself when he comes back to the Bat books.

AQUAMAN VOL. 6: KINGSLAYER TP - Well... this is gonna be weird, since the previous arc is a giant hardcover I don't want. Guess I'm waiting for the paperback... before I can read THIS paperback.
    BATMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE HC - This is the format I'm getting these trades in if/when I get them. Issue 50 really shook my faith in Tom King, and part of what's making me stick with this series is that I'm already past the halfway mark.
    THE DEATH AND RETURN OF SUPERMAN OMNIBUS HC NEW PRINTING - Expensive and I could probably just get the trades. Plus, tried to read the first volume and had to skip parts of it because I was so bored.
    GREEN ARROW: WAR OF THE CLANS (DC ESSENTIAL EDITION) TP - Lol, guess the OHC is gonna be going on sale. I might get this, since the OHC is a bit expensive, even though I love Lemire's run (even though I only read up until there was an arc left).
    THE HELLBLAZER VOL. 4: THE GOOD OLD DAYS TP - Still have no clue how Seeley's run really is. Also, guy on the right has the most charming facial expression, omg. He's like Mr. Sinister and Gambit fused together.
    MERA, QUEEN OF ATLANTIS TP
    NIGHTWING VOL. 1: THE BLEEDING EDGE TP - Know nothing about this run and haven't really enjoyed Percy's work the past. Also, yay, renumber I guess. Hopping on point? To boost sales?
    SUPERMAN/SHAZAM!: FIRST THUNDER DELUXE EDITION HC - The art based on that cover doesn't seem to be particularly good... but I'm kinda curious. Assuming the animated shorts is at least partly based on this? I think I may have seen Winick's name on one of those animated shorts too? Maybe it was the Green Arrow/Black Canary one though.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

I miss small-scale Scott Snyder

Oh no... Kamandi's on the Nuclear Winter special. DC! Stop trying to make Kamandi happen!

Was interested in Electric Warriors until the bit about competitive combat. Ugh. Thanks, Hunger Games, for popularising that stuff.

Don't care about Hex Wives, but man I like Lupacchino's art. It's always just nice to look at whenever I see it. She seriously needs more work... preferably on things I actually want to read

That Injustice cover... Bruce, you might wanna take the shattered glass more seriously, man.

I swear I saw that Justice League Odyssey cover ages ago. Was that the promo image or something for the series? I thought it had Darkseid... or maybe those two just kinda look the same? Also Azrael's sword looks... off. Alos, kinda looks like he isn't even holding it, like when Greg Land or Rob Liefeld draw swords.

Dick has to RECOVER from injuries in another series? Superhero comics do not accept that, Dick! YUou should be completely fine! But I guess drama. That or super serious injury... inb4 Dick becomes the new Oracle.

Raven being so out of focus on her own series' cover feels weird to me. Also... is that the Mystic U kids? If so... huh.

Is Silencer meant to look hurt on that cover? Because she looks like she's smiling... but the solicitation... I don't know.

Speaking of covers... there's Katana's ass, I guess. Um... well... okay then! Also, the lines are still on the right, DC.

That is a great Supergirl cover... buuuut first issue was boring when not kinda frustrating, so I'm out.

It's funny that Zod is going after Zaar, because I JUST skimmed through Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, where he went after Not Tomar-Re because Tomar-Re failed to save Krypton and kept thinking "someone should probs tell him about Zaar".

So is Titans double-shipping now? The special interested me, so I might hop back on... or trade-wait.

That World's Finest omnibus cover amuses me way more than it should because Robin's name is left out of the title even though he's got as equal prominence as Batman and Superman.

Oh... there's gonna be more than one of those CoIE companion hardcovers? There goes the chances on me buying the first one that I thought was the ONLY one.

Bendis' art is kinda amateur, but also kinda nice. In another universe, he became an artist and not a writer who burns everything he touches... I want to move there.

Oh, we're pretending the Dark Matter stuff was limited series now? Seriously, it's amazing how hard people called what would happen to that line the instant "artist first" was said.

Man, that Shazam!: Power of Hope hardcover is WEIRDLY timed. I guess people who don't read the back of trades or solicitations might pick it up by accident? And I guess it's popular, but still. It DOES come out a decent while after the other trade though, closer to the movie, so makes sense in its own way, I guess.

That Wonder Woman trade cover is sweet... except that huge sword Diana's holding. I'm already not keen on her holding swords so often on covers, never mind what looks like a gigantic sword based on the hilt!

The weird mesh bits on Barry's statue... like, the ones under his chest (?)... I don't know why that's distracting but it is.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

So weird/cool to see Johns and Morrison back in the DC solits.

Possibly:
    BATGIRL #29 (still have to see how Scott's run starts)

Definitely:
    SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #44 with Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines!

That's all?

Regular Pull-List:

BATMAN #58
    BATMAN #59
    CATWOMAN #5
    DEATHSTROKE #37
    DETECTIVE COMICS #992
    DETECTIVE COMICS #993
    GREEN ARROW #46
    HARLEY QUINN #53
    HARLEY QUINN #54
    NIGHTWING #52
    NIGHTWING #53
    TEEN TITANS #24
    TITANS #29
    TITANS #30

Minis and Specials:

BATMAN: DAMNED #2
    DC NUCLEAR WINTER SPECIAL #1
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #8
    HEROES IN CRISIS #3
    OLD LADY HARLEY #2
    PLASTIC MAN #6

Books I'm buying for a story arc or so:

ACTION COMICS #1,005
    SUPERMAN #5

JUSTICE LEAGUE/AQUAMAN: DROWNED EARTH #1
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #11
    AQUAMAN #42
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #12
    AQUAMAN/JUSTICE LEAGUE: DROWNED EARTH #1

Can't wait for the Bermejo oversized books! Those look freakin' awesome!

If Old Lady Harley is cool as the covers, it's be pretty sweet!

Sad to see the end of Plastic Man. I've really enjoyed it.

Bendis' Superman has been good. Hopefully the first story arcs have a good finish.

Enjoying Justice League and am excited about the x-over!

Still not sure if I'm buying Heroes in Crisis or not. Just doesn't sound very interesting to me.
    Batman - Daredevil

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

aquaman #42
    electric warriors #1
    the green lantern #1
    action comics #1,005
    superman #5
    catwoman #5
    doom patrol #12
    hawkman #6
    justice league/aquaman: drowned earth #1
    aquaman/justice league: drowned earth #1
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-21-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Why aren’t Hawkgirl Cyborg and MM on the Aquaman/Justice League drowned earth covers?
    The J-man

Let's hope this Drowned Earth crossover delivers...

JUSTICE LEAGUE/AQUAMAN: DROWNED EARTH #1
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #11
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #12
    AQUAMAN/JUSTICE LEAGUE: DROWNED EARTH #1

BATMAN: DAMNED #2

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #8
    THE GREEN LANTERN #1 - hellz yes! Finally I can read GL again
    HEROES IN CRISIS #3
    WONDER WOMAN #58 -59
    BATMAN #58 - 59
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #5

THE DREAMING #3

Stjepan Sejic is off JL Odyssey after two issues. That sucks.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 08-21-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Stjepan Sejic is off JL Odyssey after two issues. That sucks.
    Is he definitely off the series for good?