Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Damn all these crossovers and inconsistent art teams annoy the **** outta me. Good thing I’m sitting out the Snyder/Tynion era JL run. A waste of good artistic talent in my mind though.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Pretty good haul this month. Green Lantern and Shazam are the highlights, as is the new creative team on Wonder Woman. Batman, JL, Flash, Superman and Action continue to look solid as always.

Ollie lost the Queen Industries again? This is as annoying as Aquaman losing his throne again and again.

Anyway, the solicits are half good and half bad.

Keeping Red Hood and picking up Shazam, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

Maybe HIC (depend on the first issue), AC (issue 1 was good, but still not sure), Supergirl, (Shaner on art is tempting..), Batgirl (depend on issue 26), Detective (sound interesting) and Batman (Janin on art is enough reason to make me stay away so I might give it a pass).

Seeing that there are 54 issues and counting of Harley Quinn makes my head hurt.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

DC seems to have Paul Dini on call whenever there's a random anthology book to fill out, but I'd love to see him work a regular comics gig again.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Fantastic Member

The Green Lantern and Shazam, coupled with G Willow Wilson on Wonder Woman and an Aquaman-centric crossover event setting up Kelly Sue’s run all make for an exciting month. In addition, I was looking forward to Bryan Hill’s American Carnage.

Bummer there’s already a fill-in artist for Sejic on JLO, but perhaps that was necessary to keep things on schedule after scrapping those issues.

Also just gotta say I love that Plastic Man cover! I’d never heard of the artist until now.

Edit: I know nothing about that new Steve Orlando book, but it’s something I might keep an eye on.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Ollie lost the Queen Industries again? This is as annoying as Aquaman losing his throne again and again.

Anyway, the solicits are half good and half bad.

Keeping Red Hood and picking up Shazam, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman.

Maybe HIC (depend on the first issue), AC (issue 1 was good, but still not sure), Supergirl, (Shaner on art is tempting..), Batgirl (depend on issue 26), Detective (sound interesting) and Batman (Janin on art is enough reason to make me stay away so I might give it a pass).

I don't know about the new 52 but he pretty much hasn't had control of Queen industries for the entirety of the rebirth run so far. I don't know why the solicits make it seem like it's a new thing.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

I don't see much of anything in the collected trades and HC section.
    Still no announcement on the Alan Moore Absolute Swamp Thing vol.1
    and I see they decided to get cheap with the volume 3 of both Batman and Superman deluxe editions
    The Grant Morrison Animal deluxe hc volume #1 looks good.
    Batman and Superman Silver Age Worlds Finest vol.2 hc looks good.
    And look !!! A huge Death and Return of Superman omnibus ......... ?????
    Why does D C insist on recycling the same story arcs over and over and over in pristine books
    and than insist on running Byrnes Superman in cheap trades???

Shazam- HECK YES!!! So pumped!!

Hawkman 6- Ray Palmer two issues in a row? YEAH!!

Flash- I’m hanging in there despite the silly nonsensical “forces”
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Well it looks like DC is looking slightly better for me with some new series added. I'm planning on getting.

Superman #5 - Cover looks great and Zod vs Rogol Zaar sounds intriguing but so far this series has been so boring and it looks like things still won't move in the next issues.(Bendis)
    Action Comics #1005 - This series looks better and so far the first issue was good so hopefully it continues.
    Catwoman #5 - Liked the first issue but it seems to be moving really slow as well. I'll probably still pick it up just for Jones's art.
    Hawkman #6 - Still continuing Ray and Carter's team up which is awesome.
    Justice League Dark #5 - Loved the first issue. Although this issue seems to be dealing with the crossover. Hope it doesn't derail it.
    The Green Lantern #1 - The highlight for me. Super excited for this. Still nervous about Morrison on this. Especially with the solicit talking about rocking the Multiverse. I hope Morrison stays grounded and focused but I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Shazam #1 - The other highlight for me. Always up for Johns writing (Except for Snoozeday clock) and Captain Marvel is cool. From the cover it looks like this might be a more light hearted book which is nice.
    Batman King of fear #4 - Kelly Jones art still looks great. And this looks like it'll be a nice throwback adventure.
    The Terrifics #10 - Still picking this up for some reason.

The Aquaman/JL crossover sounds interesting so I might check it out even though I don't collect JL or Aquaman.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 08-20-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Given that the book is still called "Red Hood and the Outlaws" it is clear that the Outlaws are going to come back, but I honestly hope their absence only lasts for one or two story arcs. The interactions between Jason, Artemis and Bizarro are such a key part of what makes the book so good so I don't want that to be absent from the book for too long.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Given that the book is still called "Red Hood and the Outlaws" it is clear that the Outlaws are going to come back, but I honestly hope their absence only lasts for one or two story arcs. The interactions between Jason, Artemis and Bizarro are such a key part of what makes the book so good so I don't want that to be absent from the book for too long.
    I'd imagine the next arc will be about the Outlaws reuniting.

It's hard to say how long the current(?) one is supposed to last for.

Action Comics 1005
    Batman 58 & 59
    Damage 11
    Red Hood & The Outlaws 28
    Sideways 10
    Silencer 11

Solicits for Silencer and Damage sound "next issue is the last". Hope I'm wrong though?

BANNED

Doomsday Clock #8
    The Green Lantern #1
    Shazam #1
    Action Comics #1005
    Catwoman #5
    Hawkman #6
    Superman #5
    The Terrifics #10