Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman has a kid, Superman has a Kid, How do Wonder Woman fans feel about...

Simple question Batman has a kid, Superman has a Kid,How do Wonder Woman fans feel about Wonder Woman having a kid ? Supringly imo kids have been a good addition to those heroes if it was not a gimmick to have super trio kids but a good legit story and well thought out idea with a long plan would you mind it?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    but a good legit story and well thought out idea with a long plan would you mind it?
    As if DC has a long term plan about Wonder Woman. None of DC editorial staff has wrote for Wonder Woman comics compared to Batman and Superman or even Aquaman.

Wonder Woman as mother could be a powerful storyline, but I'm not sure DC is up to editorially. But it'd require the right writer (though I think G Willow Wilson has children; that makes me think she'd be up to it) and that DC really decided to commit to it—we are talking about a really long story arc if it's to be done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    As if DC has a long term plan about Wonder Woman. None of DC editorial staff has wrote for Wonder Woman comics compared to Batman and Superman or even Aquaman.
    The problem with this is sort of the elephant in the room - men don't carry children. Women can turn up out of the blue and say 'here's your kid!' This doesn't work in reverse.

Since Diana isn't married and only recently has hooked up with Steve again, DC would have to develop a longterm realationship with her, then get married, then get pregnant, then either go through the hokey/cliche sped-up-pregnancy or else deal with being a hero while pregnant.

I admit, it's something I wonder about for the movies - whether or not Diana had a child by Steve after he died. This would work since it's in the past, but unless they either do a retcon or she adopts, I don't think a child would work :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Since Diana isn't married and only recently has hooked up with Steve again, DC would have to develop a longterm realationship with her, then get married, then get pregnant, then either go through the hokey/cliche sped-up-pregnancy or else deal with being a hero while pregnant.
    Well, longterm relationship and marriage can be skipped from a storytelling standpoint (even though I doubt DC wants to court the outrage from the moral police). But a pregnant superhero out on adventures would give some added oomph in the fights.

You think facing Wonder Woman was bad earlier? Now she's fighting for two…

I admit, it's something I wonder about for the movies - whether or not Diana had a child by Steve after he died. This would work since it's in the past, but unless they either do a retcon or she adopts, I don't think a child would work :/
    Well, that's one way to introduce a Wonder Girl into the film franchise, but since the girl would be pushing 70 by the time we hit Wonder Woman 84, she would hardly qualify as "girl" anymore, even if the immortality or longevity is hereditary.

Otherwise there are several fanfics with Diana as a mom after the movie.

Retired

If it was properly established that Diana was made from clay by her mother, then it would follow that Diana could make her own daughter from clay. Which I think would be a good story. It removes the messy detail of who is the father--answer: there is no father.

The problem with this is sort of the elephant in the room - men don't carry children. Women can turn up out of the blue and say 'here's your kid!' This doesn't work in reverse.

That is why Amazons make babies from Clay, also you can have multiple babies in just a second! Very efficient and not cliched.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-21-2018 at 11:10 AM.

I rather hope not. I'm not a fan of either kid (used to like Damian okay until he took the mantle of Bat-God), and at this point find them rather a burden on the accompanying mythoi as opposed to a positive. I know that's not a popular opinion but its how I feel. I'd rather not have to go through that with WW too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If it was properly established that Diana was made from clay by her mother, then it would follow that Diana could make her own daughter from clay. Which I think would be a good story. It removes the messy detail of who is the father--answer: there is no father.
    And if the concept of Diana as mother turns out not to work well, then next year DC can revert to the original status merely by having some character like Circe cast a spell that makes the child revert to clay.

There is no father? Anakin Prince!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    There is no father? Anakin Prince!
    Diana Price is original Anakin as she had no father and three mothers!
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-21-2018 at 11:26 AM.

I like the Pinocchio Metal Man Adamant idea I had years ago.

BANNED

I rather hope not. I'm not a fan of either kid (used to like Damian okay until he took the mantle of Bat-God), and at this point find them rather a burden on the accompanying mythoi as opposed to a positive. I know that's not a popular opinion but its how I feel. I'd rather not have to go through that with WW too.
    How're they a burden? They're a window for youngsters trying to get in to comics and neither Batman nor Superman are using them anyway. Besides Diana's daughter is an upcoming series by Rucka anyway. Wonder Woman's kid is an eventuality.

Diana's Daughter is a Black Label stand-alone, out-of-continuity story. In no way is a child for Diana an eventuality in current canon.

As for Damian and Jon, they're a burden because in Damian's case, he already seems to be better than his dad at virtually everything. He has an answer for everything and can do anything. Jon, in Rebirth, completely took over the Superman title to the main character's detriment in my eyes. He's not around right now, but that will change. I can only hope Bendis utilizes it better. But even if he does, who knows what will happen with future creative teams. IMO, Superman shouldn't be a dad. Batman its more negotiable since he's at least symbolically been a dad ever since Dick Grayson was created. But they need to tone down Damian's OP nature big time. He's at Gary Stu levels right now and, like the Superman line, while he's not being used by King, who knows what will occur when creative teams change. We have quite a while to wait on that one, but its still a concern. I could easily see the next creative team wanting to overcompensate because he's not around in Batman or 'Tec much now.

If you can't get a window for youngsters to get into comics by actually using the main characters, if you instead have to do it by their kids, then DC is doing something woefully wrong. Its fine when its a supplement, but its a rather depressing idea to think that today, the only way Superman can get readers is via his kid, and so on.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-22-2018 at 03:53 PM.

BANNED

Diana's Daughter is a Black Label stand-alone, out-of-continuity story. In no way is a child for Diana an eventuality in current canon.

As for Damian and Jon, they're a burden because in Damian's case, he already seems to be better than his dad at virtually everything. He has an answer for everything and can do anything. Jon, in Rebirth, completely took over the Superman title to the main character's detriment in my eyes. He's not around right now, but that will change. I can only hope Bendis utilizes it better. But even if he does, who knows what will happen with future creative teams. IMO, Superman shouldn't be a dad. Batman its more negotiable since he's at least symbolically been a dad ever since Dick Grayson was created. But they need to tone down Damian's OP nature big time. He's at Gary Stu levels right now and, like the Superman line, while he's not being used by Snyder, who knows what will occur when creative teams change. We have quite a while to wait on that one, but its still a concern. I could easily see the next creative team wanting to overcompensate because he's not around in Batman or 'Tec much now.

If you can't get a window for youngsters to get into comics by actually using the main characters, if you instead have to do it by their kids, then DC is doing something woefully wrong.
    Son of the Demon was also non canon. Superman also had sons with Lois in different non canon books. One was literally even called Son of Superman. If Rucka's book is acclaimed and sells well then a transition to mainstream continuity is inevitable. It getting BL treatment already implies that DC is putting it on the same pedastal as TDKR, All Star Superman etc.

What you said about Damian is not even remotely true. I have no idea where you got the impression that he's better than Batman at anything. He just got owned by a kid version of Deadshot the last time he showed up. Damian's struggle is against his nature and upbringing, against his arrogance, he has to learn where he doesn't want to and from people he at first thinks are not woryh it. So he can have all the skills but he doesn't have all the answers. These same arguments can be levelled against Superman and many people do infact use them. Its just missing the point.

I disagree entirely on Jon, he was a new hook and he was needed to wipe the stench of the trainwreck New 52 Superman run and make you forget about it. Was there a single good arc in about 50 plus issues of New 52 Superman? I dont think so.