Fantastic Member

Default DCEU Steppenwolf vs MCU Thanos

DCEU Steppenwolf vs MCU Thanos
    No BFR and No IG for Thanos
    Who Wins? 🤔

Steppenwolf was garbage. Thanos destroys him.

As The Maw woudl say, "Let him have his fun"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, to be fair, Steppenwolf actually has better combat skill feats. He fought Arthur and Diana at the same time and held up fine. Plus he has arrow catching and missle catching feats (plus reacting to the above two fighters).

And a nifty fiery ax to Thanos’s no weappns.

Thanos fought one person sans IG (Hulk) and beat him. While he’s stronger and more durable (or as durable, Tony did cut him after all) he does come into this fight at a range disadvantage. And that ax will cut him.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 08-21-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ehh, to be fair, Steppenwolf actually has better combat skill feats. He fought Arthur and Diana at the same time and held up fine. Plus he has arrow catching and middle catching feats (plus reacting to the above two fighters).

And a nifty fiery ax to Thanos’s no weappns.

Thanos fought one person sans IG (Hulk) and beat him. While he’s stronger and more durable (or as durable, Tony did cut him after all) he does come into this fight at a range disadvantage. And that ax will cut him.
    Better combat skill is arguable. SW fought two talented fighters for sure, but Thanos picked Hulk apart like Tyson would have destroyed my Dad lol. No offense dad, love ya but yeah.

He also fought a much larger group of guys simultaneously who had some pretty serious planning right before the fight.

I would also argue he is definitely more durable. Single blows from Clark were denting his armor and making him cough blood. I don't see Thanos being that bad off from a single blow. Not with all those Hulk punches he took to the jaw without harm.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-22-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

the fact that ebony maw felt that thanos fighting hulk was not a duel but him having fun says it all.

Wouldn't the apartment showing put Superman over both hulk and bash thanos? If so I'd give the win to SW

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wouldn't the apartment showing put Superman over both hulk and bash thanos? If so I'd give the win to SW
    The problem is, with that showing, Superman was badly damaging SW with each hit. With Hulks not insignificant showings, he was doing jack diddly to Thanos.

It's not as easy as saying "this feat or that feat". We then have to see the level of effect each had. I don't think SW could ignore blows from Hulk for example. Would they damage him as quickly as Supes was? No, I dont think so. Would they damage him though? Yeah pretty sure. Not so with Thanos.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The problem is, with that showing, Superman was badly damaging SW with each hit. With Hulks not insignificant showings, he was doing jack diddly to Thanos.

It's not as easy as saying "this feat or that feat". We then have to see the level of effect each had. I don't think SW could ignore blows from Hulk for example. Would they damage him as quickly as Supes was? No, I dont think so. Would they damage him though? Yeah pretty sure. Not so with Thanos.
    Ehhhh...minor nitpick here.

Hulk snacked him all of four times. Yeah, he wasn't bleeding or in pain, but considering he was wearing his helmet at the time, it doesn't mean he could no sell hits from the Hulk forever.

Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't, based on his other feats. But based on that one feat, all we can really say is that he can take a few punches from the Hulk with his helmet on without being visible hurt.

He's clearly a lot stronger than the Hulk though, that much was clear from the scene.

In the context of Steppenwolf though...Clark's fight vs Steppenwolf is a non feat for the Steppenwolf. He got completely wrecked. It wasn't even close.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 08-22-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Ultimate Member

Totally no selling and going Mike Tyson on the Hulk was pretty impressive.

Heck, he still no-sold admittedly weak attack from Thor just after KOing Hulk.

I’ll go with Thanos here. Steppenwolf just couldn’t put down the any of the JL members, Cyborg even no-sold his axe attack (which was stupid as all heck).

and iron man dropping a building on him

and nebula crashing a space ship into him

and spidey punching him straght in the face

and iron man shooting himw ith missles

he caught a magic sword strange tried to hit him with

he lived through getting a super magic axe imbedded into his chest thrown from a god

he only used the glove when shown. he took numerous shots without using it without sustaining any damage at all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The aquaman submarine trailer feat is damn impressive, and Wolfe took a blow from Arthur underwater well. Wolfe is also way faster from stand alone feats and from who he fought. Assuming woofers can cut Thanos with the axe, it really should be in his favor.

Thanos is stronger, smarter, and more durable. Although victory belongs to the Mad Titan, it won't come without considerable effort. Steppenwolf is a formidable fighter. He successfully fought off Wonder Woman and Aquaman simultaneously, shrugged off Zeus's lightning bolts and an ax strike from Ares, pulled Cyborg apart with his bare hands, etc.

Avengers: Infinity War and Justice League unintentionally gave us the perfect way to determine Steppenwolf's strength level.

Thor striking the ground with Stormbreaker:

Steppenwolf striking the ground with his ax:

At the very least, Steppenwolf's strength is comparable to Thor's. Not only does Steppenwolf have Thor-tier strength, but he's also quick enough to repel Wonder Woman's attacks. Of course, Thanos's power eclipses Thor's own by a large margin, which is why I give the win to the Mad Titan. Steppenwolf, to his credit, makes Thanos work for it.