Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default What was your favorite thing about the Fox X-men movies?

With the end of Fox X-men era being close, I wanted to know, what is the thing you enjoyed the most about these movies?

sometimes people criticizes this films a lot and it's true they had their faults but they also had good things. So lets focus on that

James Marsden casting as Cyclops, while he was really underused he was so freaking cute and handsome. His face is how i imagine Cyclops would look like in real life.

Famke Janssen as Jean was beautiful, she was underused too but i like her more than Sophie.
    Cyclops-Jean-Grey.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-21-2018 at 08:42 AM.

DOFP movie and McAvoy "I don't want your suffering, i don't want your FUTURE" line
    Loved that movie. My favourite FOX movie with Deadpool1 and X2 as second and third favourite.

Logan
    X2
    DOFP
    DP
    DP2
    The Wolverine

If you mean more specifically, Fox's greatest contribution was proving rated R comic book movies can be great... and make money.

A lesson I was hoping Sony would pick up on and then they made Venom pg 13
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Rebecca Romjin's Mystique was an underrated legend.

Jackman's role in X2 is what got me back into comics and X-Men. His role in Logan made me expect more from superhero films. Overall I prefer the tone of the Fox movies to the MCU. I still enjoy the MCU quite a bit, but the X-Men are definitely my jam.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I liked that Wolverine wasn't a ninja or samurai or a master martial artist*. I liked that he didn't really know multiple languages or meditation or crap like that. Yes, I know most Wolverine fans don't like movie version for the exact reasons above. But I think the above things make Wolverine a contradictory and kind of a Mary Sue-ish character than the complex one he's supposed to be.

*Which is still not an excuse for garbage fight choreography.

BANNED

Hugh Jackman’s ass

BANNED

The biggest “single-moment” highlight to me is still Nightcrawler’s intro in X2. Blink’s scenes in DoFP came close, but they didn’t astound me like Kurt’s scene at the White House.

I tend to like characters that can teleport, if that isn’t obvious.

Logan...just all of Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Jackman's role in X2 is what got me back into comics and X-Men. His role in Logan made me expect more from superhero films. Overall I prefer the tone of the Fox movies to the MCU. I still enjoy the MCU quite a bit, but the X-Men are definitely my jam.
    Same. And I also loved DoFP and both Deadpool films. For me, Josh Brolin’s Cable is the best addition to the FOX-men films since Jackman as Wolverine and Reynolds as Deadpool. Stewart’s Xavier was pretty awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Logan
    X2
    DOFP
    DP
    DP2
    The Wolverine

If you mean more specifically, Fox's greatest contribution was proving rated R comic book movies can be great... and make money.

A lesson I was hoping Sony would pick up on and then they made Venom pg 13
    Venom can work in PG-13, and so can Wolverine. It's nice to get R, but it's not necessary for either of those characters. Deadpool is one of the few that really needs R-rating.

I like the Cerebro room design we got

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Hugh Jackman’s ass
    also this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Logan...just all of Logan.
    THIS. But if I had to pick my single, most favorite moment in the entire franchise...

I mean the staging of this scene was brilliant; Laura's slow walk out of the plant, tossing the head at Pierce's feet, and the slow reveal of her claws. All of this while spearing him with a positively WITHERING Kubrick Stare, which is made even MORE badass by the fact it's being delivered with aplomb by an eleven year old girl.

And everyone who hates on the Foot Claws should be made to watch this scene, because it highlights EXACTLY how effective they are.

I haven't watched any besides the first two (and Deadpool 1), so I'm going with Alan Cummings as Nightcrawler. Not a fan of the direction Fox went with the character, but he did a fab job with the material he was given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And everyone who hates on the Foot Claws should be made to watch this scene, because it highlights EXACTLY how effective they are.
    There are people that hate the foot claws?

:-O

I LOVE the foot claws.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    what is the thing you enjoyed the most about these movies?
    The school being a school with kids running around and attending classes.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-21-2018 at 09:11 AM.