Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

One of the most beautiful scenes in the entire film series is in X2 where Magneto and Pyro (with a silent Mystique) are in the blackbird and Magneto ask Pyro what is "real name" is and then tells him "You're a God among insects, never let anyone tell you different."

Another X2 moment is the very brief exchange between Nightcrawler and Mystique. Nightcrawler asks why she doesn't just pretend to be somebody "normal" and Mystique says "Because we shouldn't have to."

Logan was such a solid film but him telling Laura, "Don't be what they made you," followed by "So this is what is feels like..." was beautiful.

That said, Days of Futures Past is far and away my favorite X-film and one of my favorite films period. I would argue that it was actually better than the comic version (don't kill me, just an opinion). The stakes felt higher, the continuity corrections were a service to the fans, and it felt like an ensemble film that really embraced the importance of X-Men and activism.

The scene where Xavier confronts his future is extremely powerful...

[Charles reads Logan's mind, and appears in the future]

Professor X: Charles.

Charles Xavier: Charles.

[looks around]

Charles Xavier: Is this what becomes of us? Erik was right. Humanity does this to us.

Professor X: Not if we show them a better path.

Charles Xavier: You still believe?

Professor X: Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn't mean they're lost forever. Sometimes, we all need a little help.

Charles Xavier: I'm not the man I was. I open my mind up and it almost overwhelms me.

Professor X: You're afraid. And Cerebro knows it.

Charles Xavier: All those voices... so much PAIN.

Professor X: It's not their pain you're afraid of. It's yours, Charles. And as frightening as it can be, that pain will make you stronger. If you allow yourself to feel it, embrace it, .it will make you more powerful than you ever imagined. It's the greatest gift we have: to bear their pain without breaking. And it comes from the most human part of us: hope. Charles, we need you to hope again.

Another great beat, its almost too short to call a moment, but when Beast asks Wolverine if he survives. Wolverine tells him "No. But we can change that.

Honestly the climax of the film from the Sentinals attacking the future X-Men's base // Magneto trying to assassinate the president is edited and scored so beautifully. I've watched it more times than I can count. So well done. I actually wish they stopped there (except for Logan and Deadpool) and waited to do a complete reboot.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

That it's ending

Now being serious, I loved dofp, it'd be hard to top that movie

Days of Future Past and Logan were probably the best that came from it.

As a fan of Wolverine i was dissapointed in how they adapted the Miller/Claremont mini, but the films got most of the important parts of the character right (emphasis in most).

With the exception of X3 and Origins, i found most of the movies ok.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    With the end of Fox X-men era being close, I wanted to know, what is the thing you enjoyed the most about these movies?

sometimes people criticizes this films a lot and it's true they had their faults but they also had good things. So lets focus on that

James Marsden casting as Cyclops, while he was really underused he was so freaking cute and handsome. His face is how i imagine Cyclops would look like in real life.

Famke Janssen as Jean was beautiful, she was underused too but i like her more than Sophie.
    Attachment 69641
    Yes and I also thought James acted very well with what little he was given.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    DOFP movie and McAvoy "I don't want your suffering, i don't want your FUTURE" line
    Loved that movie. My favourite FOX movie with Deadpool1 and X2 as second and third favourite.
    McAvoy as Xavier in general is so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Rebecca Romjin's Mystique was an underrated legend.

Agreed. She doesn’t get enough credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The biggest “single-moment” highlight to me is still Nightcrawler’s intro in X2. Blink’s scenes in DoFP came close, but they didn’t astound me like Kurt’s scene at the White House.

I tend to like characters that can teleport, if that isn’t obvious.
    Love that scene so much. What an exhilarating and memorable sequence.

Another favorite from X2 is the Deathstrike/Wolverine fight. It’s so savage and the end is heartbreaking. Kelly Hu and Hugh Jackman nailed it.

Even though I resent the fact that the FoxMen was mostly "Wolverine and Friends," Hugh Jackman was pitch-perfect casting and Logan was one of the most beautiful and painful movies I have ever watched. (Also, his ass IS indeed everything and deserves top billing.)

Rebecca Romijn sold the HELL out of Mystique and I think is the most visually iconic character from the original trilogy. Sadly, the character's backtory given to JLaw started out as nonsense compared to Mystique's entire character and later became ACTUAL nonsense at the end of DofP.

Patrick Stewart / James McAvoy and Ian McKellen / Michael Fassbender as X and Mags were perfect even in the worst movies (looking at you, X3.)

After seeing his entire body of work, James Marsden was excellent as Cyclops but was given far too little to work with and killed off terribly. Glad DofP (sort of) redeemed him both meta and in-universe. Teen Cyclops (can't recall his name) was also great, though the rebellious teen thing is just wrong.

The same as Marsden goes FamkeJean, whose character was competently developed but got derailed after the DPS got shredded due to production drama. I love Sophie Turner, but will hold judgement until I see DP, as she's stated she had a lot more to work with there. Lets see if it sticks.

Both Nightcrawlers were on point, IMO, and that opening sequence in X2 needs to be taught at Cinema School.

Kelly Hu's Deathstrike was superb, and is one of the saddest moments in the entire series for me.

Ryan Reynold's Deadpool, barring Wolverine: Origins.

X1's Toad, for managing to make the character cool (even though they blatantly co-opted some Gambit-y stuff to do so.)

I wish the movies had worked better on their own and as a whole, but there are many specific things that were great. Lets see what the MCU can give now.

(Edited to add detail where due.)
    Last edited by FeniSam; 08-21-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Venom can work in PG-13, and so can Wolverine. It's nice to get R, but it's not necessary for either of those characters. Deadpool is one of the few that really needs R-rating.
    I will never agree with Logan. He has knives for hands and his primary weapon is "wade through bullets to heal and stab peopel in the face"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Even though I resent the fact that the FoxMen was mostly "Wolverine and Friends," Hugh Jackman was pitch-perfect casting and Logan was one of the most beautiful and painful movies I have ever watched. (Also, his ass IS indeed everything and deserves top billing.)

Rebecca Romijn sold the HELL out of Mystique and I think is the most visually iconic character from the original trilogy. Sadly, the character's backtory given to JLaw started out as nonsense compared to Mystique's entire character and later became ACTUAL nonsense at the end of DofP.

Patrick Stewart / James McAvoy and Ian McKellen / Michael Fassbender as X and Mags were perfect even in the worst movies (looking at you, X3.)

After seeing his entire body of work, James Marsden was excellent as Cyclops but was given far too little to work with and killed off terribly. Glad DofP (sort of) redeemed him both meta and in-universe. Teen Cyclops (can't recall his name) was also great, though the rebellious teen thing is just wrong.

The same as Marsden goes FamkeJean, whose character was competently developed but got derailed after the DPS got shredded due to production drama. I love Sophie Turner, but will hold judgement until I see DP, as she's stated she had a lot more to work with there. Lets see if it sticks.

Both Nightcrawlers were on point, IMO, and that opening sequence in X2 needs to be taught at Cinema School.

Kelly Hu's Deathstrike was superb, and is one of the saddest moments in the entire series for me.

Ryan Reynold's Deadpool, barring Wolverine: Origins.

X1's Toad, for managing to make the character cool (even though they blatantly co-opted some Gambit-y stuff to do so.)

I wish the movies had worked better on their own and as a whole, but there are many specific things that were great. Lets see what the MCU can give now.

(Edited to add detail where due.)
    Great point. That was a rare instance of a being cooler and more memorable in the movies than they ever were in the comics.

Other things I liked:

Xavier death in The Last Stand. The movie as a whole is just average, but that scene is one of my favorites.

The general “vibe” of the younger mutants in First Class. So much livelier than the kids from the first trilogy.

I like that they took a chance and made R rated movies. I hate that they kept Kinberg around for so long, don't know what he brings to the table.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really loved how they brought the school to the forefront. I hope that's a long-lasting legacy for both the comics as well as future movies.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I hate that they kept Kinberg around for so long, don't know what he brings to the table.
    An overall better work environment, apparently, even more when the subtext regarding Synger became (rather awful) text. Aside from that, not a whole lot more. I hope DP works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Xavier death in The Last Stand. The movie as a whole is just average, but that scene is one of my favorites.

The general “vibe” of the younger mutants in First Class. So much livelier than the kids from the first trilogy.
    That death scene was SO out of left field and so vicious that it actually holds up very well, particularly thanks to Ian McKellen's complete and utter shock (mimicking ours.)

First Class' vibe with teenage mutants was great, those coming of age stories are great when done well and the X-Men are perfect for them.

Last edited by Knives; 08-21-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Rebecca Romjin's Mystique was an underrated legend.

Nightcrawler opening scene and Rebecca Romjin's Mystique are about the only authentic things that i LOVED about foxmen movies but it's just a whiff of jasmine in a mountain pile of ****.

A fair notice upfront to this: I am a big fan of (most of) the X-Men films. I am also a fan of the Marvel films. I rank the X-Men films slightly higher in my hierarchy of films series, but only by a couple of spaces, even though I'd say that Marvel yes yet to produce an actually bad film - boring yes, but bad no - and the X-Men series has two of them.

General what I love - Hugh Jackman's casting. And while other note it kind of became the Wolverine show, he still was perfect for the role. Same with both Xaviers and Magnetos - but highest regard in that to Patrick Stewart. There was simply no other option there from the get go. James Marsden and Tye Sheridan as both Cyclops was visually great, even though Marsden's Cyclops got screwed over by the plot line. I thought RRS's Mystique was visually stunning as well. And crucify me if you want but I think Sophie Turner is a really good pick for Jean - Famke sold the act well but visually not what I would have picked.

Specifics - the best film of the bunch to me and perfect my favorite superhero film period is Days Of Future past. Really also loved X-2 and First Class. All the rest were really good to okay, with Apocalypse being on the very fringe of okay - except The Last Stand, which was pretty bad, and Origins which was just a complete mess.

While I think The Last Stand is among the worst of the movies, it had two really great scenes: The scene inside the Grey house which is possibly my favorite scene of the original trilogy, and Magneto moving the Golden Gate Bridge. Maybe connected to that I felt that TLS had the best music of the entire series up to DOFP, and the key themes in those two scenes helped to sell it. Say what you want about TLS, but the Phoenix's musical theme is amazing.

Days Of Future Past is near perfect, only a few continuity sequences are off for me (Mystique as young Stryker felt unnecessary). And speaking of Mystique in that movie, there are people i know who felt that they shoudln't have "dragged" her into that storyline - they're surprised when I tell them she played very much the same role sans connection to Xavier in the original comic story. If they dragged anyone into the story it was Magneto, aside from the obvious changing of Wolverine from Kitty. I think the scenes of the future (present?) Sentinel fight may be my favorite scene from the series as a whole.

I'm not a huge Deadpool fan but I think the movie (haven't seen the second one yet) was really good. I get why fans of the character love it, but I'm not quite there with the character. But I think Ryan Reynolds was great in it. Much the same can be said for Wolverine, while i think Jackman did phenomenally, he's just not my favorite character. I can respect Logan is an excellently put together film without loving it personally. And that The Wolverine is pretty decent - but there's no denying the mess that is Origins.

I feel that even when bad/okay The Last Stand and Apocalypse had really good special effects - Apocalypse himself aside. What a goober. Wolverine Origins did not. There is no saving that movie. Sorry to keep harping on it.

There's more I love but I think that's the main parts.

That is over lol someone beat me to it x.x

Micheal Fassbender and Ian Mckellen, also will miss Mystique that art work on her was nice.