Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Is Batman Creature of the Night still being published?

I haven't seen it in the shop in over two months and when I went to DC's website, they didn't have any solicitations past the third issue. Does anyone know if this is still being published?

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batm...of-the-night-3
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I haven't seen it in the shop in over two months and when I went to DC's website, they didn't have any solicitations past the third issue. Does anyone know if this is still being published?

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batm...of-the-night-3
    I think Busiek had health problems and so did the artist. Don’t know if they’ll be coming back or not.

A collection of 4 issues of this was announced for next year so they hopefully will. The series has been great so far.

The series is only supposed to be four issues long, so there's just the one issue remaining.

But yes, it is long delayed. I have no idea what's going on. I look for it in the solicits every month, but it never appears.

The last issue came out in April, and the earliest #4 could possibly appear is December, at this stage.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think Busiek had health problems and so did the artist. Don’t know if they’ll be coming back or not.
    We're working on the last issue now.

Sorry for the delays.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

It's listed in the January 2019 solicitations.

BATMAN: CREATURE OF THE NIGHT #4

• written by KURT BUSIEK
    • art and cover by JOHN PAUL LEON
    • Bruce Wainwright is not the man he believed himself to be. He never was. But when you’ve unleashed horror on the world…what can you do about it? Is Bruce human after all? Or has he become more than a man? It’s the unmissable finale of one of the best-reviewed miniseries of the year, sure to go down as a modern Batman classic!
    • PRESTIGE FORMAT
    • ON SALE 01.23.19
    • $6.99 US | 4 of 4 | 56 PAGES
    • FC | RATED T+
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...uary-2019/amp/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT. Yup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT. Yup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I believe it! Especially since Kurt Busiek himself replied on this thread to say they were working on it. At this point, I don’t think they would have solicited for January if it won’t be ready to go by then … This series has been great so far. I’m sure the final issue will be worth the wait.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    I believe it! Especially since Kurt Busiek himself replied on this thread to say they were working on it.
    You can trust Kurt!
    (Well, make that "You can trust Kurt . . . as far as he is in control of things.
    DC can always screw things up after he's done his part of the job."

BANNED

I'm thrilled to hear that Kurt is okay and still working on it. I was beginning to worry.