Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Well, Logan's claws are flaming now, so of course Iceman's there... to cool them down, obviously!
    Or maybe Iceman would.... feel the burn .

BANNED

Straight up glorious. Jenny Frisson is up there with Stephanie Hans in terms of just sheer beauty of her art.

Aaah yes, it is about daggum time! We finally get Sniktbub back with the X-Men, at least for an issue. And all this squad needs is Beast.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If they start new tram books, I do hope they will give each creative team at least 2 years on a series. Not like they done the last years. Keep them on for max a user and then reshuffle a n new books, creative teams and so on.

Keep some calm in the line ups and creative teams and
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    UNCANNY X-MEN #1-3
    A Jim Cheung cover?? I am so here for it. I do wonder what the "mysterious and tragic disappearance" in the premise is. My jaw dropped at the pricing of $7.99 for #1, but 72 pages of content is pretty solid. Typical Marvel with their price-hiking with #1s.
    probably Geoff Johns rn: *hysterically laughing in 80-pg for $2.99 DC Rebirth that made it to fifth print*

Several X-comics that I am looking forward to in November. The ones I want most are:
    Uncanny X-Men #1-3. Especially that oversized issue 1
    Domino # 8. I just love Morbius.
    X-Me Red #10
    Extermination #5

I've really been enjoying Weapon X, but now Azazel is returning

I saw 3 UXM1 Variants.
    One was the 70’s team, the 80’s team and the Extinction team.
    Did anyone see any more?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rapetooth.
    Of course. That makes sense- I hadn't made the connection. I'm sure Illyana Creed would be a sizable threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Wolverine fever. Even when he's gone, you gotta have him & variants everywhere lol. They can't put too many majors in there. Because then they wouldn't be able to drag things out and milk the cow utterless.
    It bothers me so much. I get that he's a popular character and he helps with sales, but it's illogical for him to be in so many places at once, and the overexposure is what put me off to begin with. If I want to read about Wolverine, I'll pick up his solo and/or whatever team book he's in. He doesn't need to be shoved down my throat. And you're right I suppose- they wouldn't want to tell all the tales at once. They'll drag it out as much as possible, and probably skip reunions with some really integral characters. I don't even like Logan all that much, but the reunion I'm most excited for is him and a recently returned Mariko.

Azazel is a HUGE step above Creed. BY all means bring him back, if not Destiny! Though Idk why Marvel can't give Mystique another girlfriend, and have her struggle with the possibility of loving another woman beside Destiny. That could be interesting.
    I guess. I personally think that the original intent to have Mystique be Kurt's 'father' would have been a better choice than bringing in Azazel. As for Creed, I hope there's no relationship between him and Mystique because it doesn't add anything to either character involved. As for a new lover for Mystique, do you think Raven Darkholme & Victoria Montesi would be compatible? There are so few legitimate options from existing LGBT characters, but this potential pairing stood out to me for some reason.

I was thinking the book was gonna be canceled this Dec. with chapter 27. Now, I'm not sure. Sadly it'll be at least another month before we know anything.
    I still hope it's just filler before we get a proper X-Force title, with Cable at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    probably Geoff Johns rn: *hysterically laughing in 80-pg for $2.99 DC Rebirth that made it to fifth print*
    I don't get it. I understand they want to make money, but wouldn't it be better to have cheaper #1s as a means of bringing in new readers??

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    I saw 3 UXM1 Variants.
    One was the 70’s team, the 80’s team, and the Extinction team.
    Did anyone see any more?
    Nope, but I'm interested in which other teams from X-Men history will make the cut. I would think that Morrisons New X-Men and the Outback team are a certainty.

I don't get it. I understand they want to make money, but wouldn't it be better to have cheaper #1s as a means of bringing in new readers??
    I'm pretty sure new readers aren't the target audience when it comes to deck-clearing exercises. The jumping on points will be whichever new #1's rise out of this event. From the revival of the "Uncanny" title to the hinted mass-cameos and deaths, this event is for people who already have an attachment to the franchise, and the weekly schedule and $8 first issue with it's double handful of variant covers are for the retailers Marvel's betting will order heavy in order to avoid coming up short.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

It bothers me so much. I get that he's a popular character and he helps with sales, but it's illogical for him to be in so many places at once, and the overexposure is what put me off to begin with. If I want to read about Wolverine, I'll pick up his solo and/or whatever team book he's in. He doesn't need to be shoved down my throat. And you're right I suppose- they wouldn't want to tell all the tales at once. They'll drag it out as much as possible, and probably skip reunions with some really integral characters. I don't even like Logan all that much, but the reunion I'm most excited for is him and a recently returned Mariko.
    Agreed. It needs to be done where if you wanna see Wolverine, you can get the book(s) he's in. But don't put him & variants inside EVERY book where people who don't care about him have no escape from him, or his clones. JDW did say he wasn't big on characters appearing in multiple books. So MAYBE that will be something that's fixed going forward.

I definitely BET they're gonna drag that Mariko one out to the max! Because they know many Logan fans probably wanna see that one. So that's the one they're gonna keep off the grid, forcing people to buy more books to see if the reunion happens there.

I guess. I personally think that the original intent to have Mystique be Kurt's 'father' would have been a better choice than bringing in Azazel.
    Have to agree. Priorities were messed up then. They couldn't openly depict a gay relationship, so it was somehow less offensive to give Mystique a baby by a serial killer & a demon (or demon-like creature)? Long as they were men. lol

As for Creed, I hope there's no relationship between him and Mystique because it doesn't add anything to either character involved. As for a new lover for Mystique, do you think Raven Darkholme & Victoria Montesi would be compatible? There are so few legitimate options from existing LGBT characters, but this potential pairing stood out to me for some reason.
    Agreed with the bold. Monet is back in Creed's life. Now Azazel will be back in Mystique's. Both characters who had romantic history with those 2. And I hope they weren't brought in as fodder for Creed x Mystique. Though the chapter had so many continuity issues, I am really worried!

That pairing with Mystique could be interesting. I am only vaguely familiar with Victoria, but from what I know of her, it could work. If handled by a competent writer putting both characters at their best. It could be a new character, but it would take longer & be harder to introduce a whole new character, catch us up on said character's history, then pair them with Mystique. Victoria is a good option far as existent women goes.

I still hope it's just filler before we get a proper X-Force title, with Cable at the helm. [
    Lord knows. The fact he book has gone this long has defied odds. Again, it's not the real true numbers. But sales estimates have this book in the lower 20K range. I don't wanna think the estimates are too wrong, so it still seems the book is pretty low. And sales have been steadily for the last six chapters.

Estimate numbers for chapters 15-20

15 = 24,605
    16 = 23,695
    17 = 23,303
    18 = 22,278
    19 = 22,049
    20 = 21,428

Who knows if sales for 21 will go back up. But hard to think so given how many people hated the art those chapters. I could see chapter 23 having higher sales, since 22 seemed to start on a better note, with much better art.

Otherwise, Idk why Marvel is content to keep this book around. I wonder what it's providing that's saving it from cancellation. Gail Simon says the number estimates don't show everything, and while they look low on the estimates, the book proves valuable in another area that makes it lucrative.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-22-2018 at 05:21 AM.

That’s not 72 pages of story.

Probably around 48.

Still, that’s a little more than 2 comics.

And it’s obvious Tyke is staying and he’s the new Cyclops. A fresh start. Thanks CB! The old Hitlerclops is dead and buried.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    That’s not 72 pages of story.

Probably around 48.

Still, that’s a little more than 2 comics.

And it’s obvious Tyke is staying and he’s the new Cyclops. A fresh start. Thanks CB! The old Hitlerclops is dead and buried.
    Hitlerclops ? Why compare the fuhrer with the Mutant guy that tried to stop his race from getting gased to death? You sure you're using the proper analogy and not referring to black bolt instead

Astonishing Member

Hummm....
    Typhoid Fever:Spider-Man#1 cover had part of Colossus arm apearing in the cover,but the Typhoid Fever :X-Men#1 cover have Bishop apear in the cover instead of Colossus.