Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    There's gotta be a cyclops around to blame all the evil in the world to... Then again wouldn't à person burdened with all the evils and all the blame be a hero because it means nobody else has to live with those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Basically the Angra Mainyu concept .

It's good to have Uncanny back.
    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I was thinking of Jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    No Cyclops became known after death as mutant Hitler that has not changed until today.

So Angra Mainyu concept fits him best is similar to for example the story of Vlad III who despite defending his country and people of invaders eventually became known by the legend of the bloodsucking monster. The irony is that his methods that saved the people also turned him into a monster in the eyes of the masses.

Uncanny, Domino, X-23, X-men Red, Astonishing, Mr.&Mrs X and Iceman for me.
    Loving the Fate/stay night multiverse references in this discussion. Also, looking forward to Typhoid Fever: X-Men, because to concur with someone else here, Spider-Man has the best interactions with the X-Men out of any non-mutant hero in the MU, given that he's almost as feared and hated and distrusted by those he protects as the X-Men are. Granted, his rep has improved significantly compared to theirs, but in light of Marvel's love of reverting to status quo . . . how long is that going to last?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Emma with the power gem. Lol Cosmic Avengers

UNCANNY X-MEN #1,2,3
    Domino #8 (I’ve missed Morbius recently)
    Return of Wolverine #3( So... His Claws... They Glow Now... Ooh... scary... Maybe dont use those for Stealth Ops)
    Extermination #5
    Typhoid Fever X-Men #1 (since these tie into Daredevil vs Fisk)
    X-23 #6 (Unpopular Opinion, I like Laura more now she’s not Wolverine- She gets to have her own legacy not live in Logan’s)
    Dead Man Logan #1 (Called this Months ago)
    Last edited by Denirac; 08-21-2018 at 03:04 PM.

A few thoughts...

I'm super intrigued about the Shatterstar mini. They haven't said much about it so far but I think this character has been ignored by writers for too long.

Spending $8 for Uncanny #1 kind of sucks, but it's a 70-page issue that will be followed by 9 other issues...which makes me think they really have an interesting story to tell and the first issue will dive right into it.

The Deadpool #6 solicit says something about him not being able to get his 'mojo back'...is that a not so subtle hint at him fighting mojo??

And that extermination cover...I'm seeing this as young Cyclops dying and the rest of the O5 going back in time (young Cable is at peace with them and picks up his dead father's visor?)...or four members of the O5 goes back in time while Cyclops stays behind and picking up the visor is a metaphor for him taking up a role of leadership among the X-Men. I know covers usually don't mean anything but I think him being absent or singled out from the group is meaningful.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Yay! Uncanny's back! X-23 looks fun. It's Iceman & Extermination for the best covers of the month, imo, though I like the Shatterstar one too. As for what I'm picking up; I'll be getting Uncanny, Return of Wolverine, X-23, Red, Astonishing and Extermination for sure and maybe Iceman #3 if I like #1.
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    oh yeah Emma Frost is set to appear in Infinity Wars 5 as part of Lokis cosmic avengers, along with Khamala Khan, Scott Lang, Kang the Conq. and a Hulk (not sure which one though)

INFINITY WARS #5 (OF 6)
    Gerry Duggan (W) • Mike Deodato Jr. (A/C)
    CONNECTING VARIANT BY JAVIER GARRON (5 OF 6)
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ
    Introducing… Loki’s Cosmic Avengers!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    Hulk is definitely Banner. Amadeus isn't the Hulk anymore, he slimmed down and is now called Brawn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bialle

Uncanny X-men 1-3
    Icemen 3
    Extermination 5
    Astonishing 17
    X-men Red 10

Mighty Member

So i guess Moon Night is canceled

BANNED

UNCANNY X-MEN #1-3
    A Jim Cheung cover?? I am so here for it. I do wonder what the "mysterious and tragic disappearance" in the premise is. My jaw dropped at the pricing of $7.99 for #1, but 72 pages of content is pretty solid. Typical Marvel with their price-hiking with #1s.

TYPHOID FEVER: X-MEN #1
    Excited for this one. Typhoid Mary is underrated, and I'm hoping this series + her debut in Netflix's Iron Fist, will culminate in a more prominent antagonistic role moving forward. Also really cool to see Jean Grey, Nightcrawler & Bishop (three of my fav X-Men) are united in another title.

INFINITY WARS: WEAPON HEX #2 (of 2)
    Who is Hellhound supposed to be? Obviously, she's a Magik warp, but with who?? Satana? Daimon Hellstrom?

SHATTERSTAR #2 (OF 5)
    The covers for this series are stunning. Really excited to get into this, especially if it's the beginning of a bigger role for Shatterstar moving forward, be it with the X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force or something else entirely.

RETURN OF WOLVERINE #3 (of 5)
    Blargh. I knew it was coming but if I could help it I'd avoid having Logan interact with the X-Men so soon. Still not sure what the point of his death was, given vitality as a character in the MU never lessened, nor was his loss really felt, and multiple replacements embodied Wolverine while he was gone. That new costume is terrible too. If we're going for Wolverine reunions, you'd think that Jubilee, Armor, X-23 or Sabretooth would have been on the frontlines too.

ICEMAN #3 (OF 5)
    Looks like Sina is getting around to all the character interactions he missed the first time around. If Iceman turns out to be a mini, without an extension as an ongoing, then all the big ones are taken care of. If the series finishes up for real this time, then I'd hope Sina sticks around for another title. I really really miss Kevin Wada as the cover artist for the series too. That guy oozes talent.

EXTERMINATION #5 (OF 5)
    Ooh, a classified variant cover by Oliver Coipel? I want it rn. Hell yes. Looks like the O5 are out of here. Or are they? Cyclops (minus his visor) is strangely absent. Could this series bring back our Scott Summers somehow? Or will Tyke stay behind in the future, fully aware of the ramifications of that choice? Even if it didn't break the spacetime continuum, the absence of Cyclops from the history of the X-Men would surely change the course of history right? The mention of more deaths worries me too. Assuming the Uncanny teaser doesn't have any fakeouts, there are only a handful of semi-prominent characters that can be killed off. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of damn Jimmy Hudson. He should have died instead of Bloodstorm tbh.

ASTONISHING X-MEN #17
    Sounds like an action-packed issue which is cool. I wonder if Greg Land can pull off an action sequence with the cast without them making 'astonishing' facial expressions. I'm assuming this is the end of the arc. Surely another female will join the team for the next one.

DOMINO #8
    Oh hell yeah. Morbius is such a neat character, and the aesthetic of him and Domino together on that wicked cover is so badass. I wonder who Domino will encounter next, after having run-ins with Diamondback, Outlaw, Amadeus & Shang-Chi. I love that Gail is making use of lesser-known corners of the MU.

X-MEN RED #10
    Yet another vague solicit. Is the conflict with C.Nova over? Or is this plot going to take even longer to resolve? We still have no hint of what she wanted Rachel for. I'm loving Red, but I'm tired, and the monthly issues are dragging it out so much. Either boost the series to bi-weekly, or transition the characters to Uncanny and give Tom Taylor another shot at the toybox. He could probably write a decent New X-Men book if he's invested in the group.

WEAPON X #25 & #26
    Of course Pak decided to bring back Azazel. I'm not even surprised. I miss Destiny as Raven's love interest (which we didn't see much of anyway). It looks like Monet and Deadpool departed the team already, so soon after dropping by. I'm so ready for cancellation. I can't believe they tarnished the X-Force name. Maybe we'll get a proper X-Force revival in January/February once everything calms down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I have this strange feeling that when all is said and done and Uncanny X-Men hits issue 11 in January we are going full re-shuffle mode and see all "new" X-boos with X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, and Excalibur. Back to the '90's! Even the Uncanny X-Men team with Jean, Storm, Bishop, Nightcrawler, and Iceman on the covers they have released so far smells of '90's x-men Jim Lee blue/gold team. Which is not bad, just hope that this time the books are going to better than what they have been the last couple of years.
    This is my suspicion too. I'd be cool with it tbh, provided the creative teams were solid, and there was some variation, rather than being a reimagining of the 90s. X-Factor was never my cup of tea, but a modern take might garner my attention. Same goes for Excalibur, as Kitty + Rachel bore me. X-Force is the most exciting prospect, either with the OG line-up or the wetworks team that came later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    INFINITY WARS: WEAPON HEX #2 (of 2)
    Who is Hellhound supposed to be? Obviously, she's a Magik warp, but with who?? Satana? Daimon Hellstrom?
    Rapetooth.

Blargh. I knew it was coming but if I could help it I'd avoid having Logan interact with the X-Men so soon. Still not sure what the point of his death was, given vitality as a character in the MU never lessened, nor was his loss really felt, and multiple replacements embodied Wolverine while he was gone. That new costume is terrible too. If we're going for Wolverine reunions, you'd think that Jubilee, Armor, X-23 or Sabretooth would have been on the frontlines too.
    Actually his series wasn't selling as well when he died, it was Lemire/Sorrentino run in OML what revitalizes the franchise. Besides Storm and Nightcrawler are his best friends and the ones that always understood him better than anyone else in the group, honestly i'm surprised that they haven't gotten more time in this whole event.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-21-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    RETURN OF WOLVERINE #3 (of 5)
    Wolverine fever. Even when he's gone, you gotta have him & variants everywhere. lol They can't put too many majors in there. Because then they wouldn't be able to drag things out and milk the cow utterless.

WEAPON X #25 & #26
    Of course Pak decided to bring back Azazel. I'm not even surprised. I miss Destiny as Raven's love interest (which we didn't see much of anyway). It looks like Monet and Deadpool departed the team already, so soon after dropping by. I'm so ready for cancellation. I can't believe they tarnished the X-Force name. Maybe we'll get a proper X-Force revival in January/February once everything calms down a little.
    Azazel is a HUGE step above Creed. BY all means bring him back, if not Destiny! Though Idk why Marvel can't give Mystique another girlfriend, and have her struggle with the possibility of loving another woman besides Destiny. That could be interesting.

It's really unclear on Monet & Deadpool. I never expected them to join the team, and figured they'd be arc guests. But maybe they are still there, however not official members as of yet. Just working together so far and a decide on whether to join will happen when they get down time from dangerous missions. Sounds like the issues for 24 plus are one arc, and Monet & DP are with the group in issue 24, despite not being on the cover or mentioned by name in the solicit. It's mainly Creed who's name gets dropped, followed by everyone else just being "Weapon X-Force."

I was thinking the book was gonna be cancelled this Dec. with chapter 27. Now, i'm not sure. Sadly it'll be at least another month before we know anything.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-21-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Can't wait for the X-23 issue.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wolverine fever. Even when he's gone, you gotta have him & variants everywhere. lol They can't put too many majors in there. Because then they wouldn't be able to drag things out and milk the cow utterless.
    Honestly why people are surprised by this reunion all the people in that picture are close to him.

Kurt is his best bro, Ororo and him had been ride and die for eacth other sice her first time as a leader (it took some time for then to gel thougth, Kitty is his first protege, when writters weren't playing with the love triangle him and Jean were good friends and Bobby.... ok you got me there i'm not sure if they were close.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    ...and Bobby.... ok you got me there i'm not sure if they were close.
    Well, Logan's claws are flaming now, so of course Iceman's there... to cool them down, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'