Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So based on the Exiles cover PeggyCap survived the nuke and will be joining the team along with Wild West Black Panther.

UNCANNY X-MEN #1-3
    RETURN OF WOLVERINE #3 (of 5)
    EXTERMINATION #5 (OF 5)
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #17
    X-MEN RED #10
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Namor and Wolverine are in Avengers

AVENGERS #10

JASON AARON (W), ED MCGUINNESS, DAVID MARQUEZ & ADAM KUBERT (A) Cover by ED MCGUINNESS VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY ALAN DAVIS VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY GEORGE PEREZ

THE EARTH'S MOST HATED HEROES?!

After 700 issues of saving the world, you'd think the Avengers would be due some celebration. But instead the whole world seems to be gunning for them, especially Namor's fearsome new Defenders of the Deep and the reimagined Russian Super-Soldiers of the Winter Guard. And that's not to mention the shocking surprise the U.S. government has in store for our heroes. Plus: The all-new Agents of Wakanda! The mystery of the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC deepens! A key revelation concerning the resurrection of Wolverine! And the next startling new Avenger is revealed!

64 pages, $5.99.

And Quentin in WCA

WEST COAST AVENGERS #4

KELLY THOMPSON (W), STEFANO CASELLI (A/C) UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY TBA

* If the team thought a 50-Foot Woman version of Tigra was trouble, just wait till they get a load of her "friends."

* That's right, it's close encounters of the very large and destructive kind as the West Coast Avengers try to save the day from B-movie-monster-sized threats roaming Los Angeles!

* And while her team takes the direct approach, Kate Bishop finds herself in a compromising position when trying to get ahead of the game... Is she going to end up on the wrong side of this battle?!

32 pages, $3.99.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    There's gotta be a cyclops around to blame all the evil in the world to... Then again wouldn't à person burdened with all the evils and all the blame be a hero because it means nobody else has to live with those?
    Basically the Angra Mainyu concept .

It's good to have Uncanny back.

Extermination, Uncanny, Astonishing and Red. Exciting month!

I'm speculating that Red ends with issue twelve and was possibly always planned to be just the one maxi-arc dealing with Nova, but we shall see. The line seems to be going back to adjectives versus colors, the writer is not part of the Uncanny team, I could see many of Red's big characters being tapped for Uncanny, and it reads like a singular story (no real seeds being planted regarding threats outside of Nova). On the other hand we do have Black coming out and Red has introduced or brought back newer characters in Trinary and Gentle that certainly could be developed further with more issues. Regardless, I'm enjoying the series so I'll continue following it if it goes into 2019.

Fantastic Member

Thoughts:

-That X-Men comic box looks sweet; I'll be having that.
    -Iceman and Typhoid Fever has me a little excited. Not a huge Spidey guy, but I've always enjoyed him in the context of mutants.
    -8 Bucks for Uncanny #1, holy moly! Also 15 total covers???
    -The solicit text for Weapon X #26 doesn't sound cancel-y. Darn it.
    -That Extermination #5 cover...
    -Astonishing and Mr.&Mrs continue to look awesome.

Edit: I don't actually dislike Weapon X, I just expected it to end for some reason. If it follows the trajectory #22 started, I'm fine with this.
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 08-21-2018 at 11:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Basically the Angra Mainyu concept .

It's good to have Uncanny back.
    I was thinking of Jesus

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Thoughts:

-That X-Men comic box looks sweet; I'll be having that.
    -Iceman and Typhoid Fever has me a little excited. Not a huge Spidey guy, but I've always enjoyed him in the context of mutants.
    -8 Bucks for Uncanny #1, holy moly! Also 15 total covers???
    -The solicit text for Weapon X #26 doesn't sound cancel-y. Darn it.
    -That Extermination #5 cover...
    -Astonishing and Mr.&Mrs continue to look awesome.
    Weapon X will be to issue 27 at the least. Artist, Luca, said he was doing four chapters starting at issue 24. If it ends, it'll be in Dec. Otherwise, we may just be getting a new creative team, or Van Lente is leaving.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-21-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Weapon X will be to issue 27 at the least. Artist, Luca, said he was doing for chapters starring at issue 24. If it ends, it'll be in Dec. Otherwise, we may just be getting a new creative team, or Van Lente is leavibg.
    The TPB for Weapon X Vol 5 includes #22-26. So if there was a possible #27 happening, then the series would, at the very least, go up to #31 or #32

oh yeah Emma Frost is set to appear in Infinity Wars 5 as part of Lokis cosmic avengers, along with Khamala Khan, Scott Lang, Kang the Conq. and a Hulk (not sure which one though)

INFINITY WARS #5 (OF 6)
    Gerry Duggan (W) • Mike Deodato Jr. (A/C)
    CONNECTING VARIANT BY JAVIER GARRON (5 OF 6)
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ
    Introducing… Loki’s Cosmic Avengers!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The TPB for Weapon X Vol 5 includes #22-26. So if there was a possible #27 happening, then the series would, at the very least, go up to #31 or #32
    Who knows at this point really. Unless Marvel knows something Pizzari doesn't. At first I figured it'd get to 36 like Blue & Gold. Then Van Lente mention working with Pak on WX, and vaguely saying "That's gonna be ending fairly soon." Meaning the book is ending, or his time on the book is.

Appears Deadpool & Monet really were just arc guests since they're not on the cover for having joined the team. Too bad, would've been interesting of they'd been surprise members being kept under wraps. Would've made that slow team reveal less pathetic.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-21-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Still find the Shatterstar description way to vague to understand what the adventure is about.
    Sounds like they're killing or maiming Rictor, who else would affect Shatterstar.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I was thinking of Jesus
    No Cyclops became known after death as mutant Hitler that has not changed until today.

So Angra Mainyu concept fits him best is similar to for example the story of Vlad III who despite defending his country and people of invaders eventually became known by the legend of the bloodsucking monster. The irony is that his methods that saved the people also turned him into a monster in the eyes of the masses.

Uncanny, Domino, X-23, X-men Red, Astonishing, Mr.&Mrs X and Iceman for me.
    Last edited by Knives; 08-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Uncanny, Red, Extermination, Iceman, Shatterstar, and MMX look good.

The solicits for Shatterstar have me nervous for Rictor. Really hope Tyke isn't staying in the present.

Extermination #5

That's it for now.