Definitely:
    - Uncanny X-Men #1-3
    - Astonishing X-Men #17
    - X-Men: Red #10
    - X-23 #6
    - Return of Wolverine #3 (of 5)
    - Extermination #5 (of 5)
    - Tony Stark: Iron Man #7
    - Ironheart #1 - Really pumped for this! I really liked the Bendis series and I’m excited to see what Eve Ewing’s going to do with Riri!

Maybe:
    - Iceman #3 (of 5) - Depends if I like #1 & #2.
    - Marvel Knights #1 & #2
    - Typhoid Fever: X-Men #1 - Is this an event? Or just a one-shot? Either way it looks pretty interesting and I love the X-Men team they’ve got on the cover.
    - Shuri #2 - depends on if I like #1
    - Star Wars: Han Solo - Imperial Cadet #1 (of 6) - Looks pretty interesting. I’ll probably trade-wait though.

Trade-Waiting -
    - Daredevil
    - Ms. Marvel
    - Mr. & Mrs. X
    - Darth Vader
    - Amazing Spider-Man
    - Captain America
    - Domino
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Fantastic Four #4
    Avengers #10/700
    Infinity Warps#1
    Captain America #5
    Immortal Hulk #8,9
    Amazing Spider-Man #9,10
    Spider-Geddon#4
    Daredevil #611,612
    Exiles #10

Maybe
    Unstoppable Wasp #2

Avengers #700
    Fantastic Four #4
    Infinity Wars #5
    Uncanny X-Men #1-3

Cap, DD, Wasp, Runaways, Hulk, Iron Man, Moon Girl and Punisher for me so far. Maybe Ironheart.

Noticed Moon Knight is gone and bemis is no longer doing the Moon Knight/Spider Man Warps story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Avengers 10/700 - 700 is a big deal. I hope it lives up to that.
    I gotta say, everything in that Avengers solicit sounds totally amazing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Daredevil 611 & 612 - Is 612 the end of Soule's run? I wouldn't think so, but it's somewhat solicited that way. It seems every time Matt goes up against Fisk in his run, something shows up.
    It does seem like this could possibly be it for Soule, even if I also think it's unlikely.

If he is leaving, I have mixed feelings on that. His run has been good - sometimes very good - so I'm in no rush to see him go.

On the other hand, while Soule's run has been solid, I wouldn't rate it as a seminal DD run so I'm not that adverse to a creative change.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Noticed Moon Knight is gone and bemis is no longer doing the Moon Knight/Spider Man Warps story.
    Yeah, the fact that Bemis isn't finishing up the Warps two-parter makes me think there's some behind the scenes stuff going on with him.

Even though the anniversary issue in October seems like a logical exit point, MK also seemed to be doing well enough where it could have continued.

I wonder if Bemis just decided to bail for some reason. Too bad, if that's the case. I really have loved his MK run.

If they're going to relaunch the book, Ewing, D'Zarsky or Duggan would be my top three choices to take over.

I would add Slott to that list because he's mentioned wanting to write MK but I know he has his plate full at the moment.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 08-21-2018 at 08:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    7.99 for Uncanny X-Men!
    That might seem steep but with Blue and Gold gone, the three issues of Uncanny that come out in November - even with a higher priced first issue - will altogether be less expensive for X-fans than the four issues of those double shipping titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Well, there is Shuri and Ironheart. But you're right, not much else. I don't think the next new slate of ongoings will start to roll out until the new year; at that point, we'll see the conclusion of Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled, Infinity Wars, and the Marvel Knights mini that may or may not be leading to spinoffs. They can make all those announcements at NYCC.
    Yeah, I don't think anything is in a "holding pattern" so much as there's simply big events winding down - Infinity Wars and Spider-Geddon - and starting up - Uncanny X-Men Disassembled - that will see multiple titles launch out of their conclusions.

As pretty much everyone has predicted, I bet we'll see Miles' solo book return in December and perhaps an ongoing for Superior Octopus. Guessing what's going to springboard out of the end of Infinity Wars is a harder thing. Outside of a new Infinity Watch book, I'm not sure what to expect yet.

ASM 9 & 10
    Immortal Hulk 8 & 9
    Venom 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That might seem steep but with Blue and Gold gone, the three issues of Uncanny that come out in November - even with a higher priced first issue - will altogether be less expensive for X-fans than the four issues of those double shipping titles.
    Of course they might not have been buying them all

And I would expect less books to cost less

it amazes in a way, I see marvel charge such for a floppy, some publishers sell first volumes of trades for only a couple dollars more, but of course marvel realise a first issue will sell well so sell it high, it's mid run price hikes really annoy me, I've decided to drop any books that have one from them from now on

Why? Why? Why kill Lockjaw? Lockjaw is one of my favorite Marvel characters and seeing Death of the Inhumans #5. I'm bummed now.

I hope that Fantastix character has ties to Flatman

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

With Moon Knight gone that ends my monthly Marvel buying.
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider isn't surprising, it did go 25 issues though.
    Sentry, wish I would say I was surprised. Conceptually I like the character but folks just don't want to seem to give him a shot.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Of course they might not have been buying them all
    No, but in the same way that not everyone was picking up all the Avengers books before No Surrender hit, it's not that much of a leap between what Marvel was already putting out in the X-line to what it will be like when the weekly Uncanny hits. It's just that there's more incentive to jump on for that weekly installment.

And I would expect less books to cost less
    Well, sure. It's just worth noting that the X-line in November doesn't actually present a greater expense than while Blue and Gold were running.

it amazes in a way, I see marvel charge such for a floppy, some publishers sell first volumes of trades for only a couple dollars more, but of course marvel realise a first issue will sell well so sell it high, it's mid run price hikes really annoy me, I've decided to drop any books that have one from them from now on
    The difference between monthly installments and waiting for trade is kind of like the difference between seeing a movie opening night or waiting until it comes to Redbox or streaming. Some people have to see that new movie right out of the gate, at top dollar, with a trip to the concession stand. Others can wait to watch it for less a few months down the road from the comfort of their couch.

If your desire to be among the first to read a book is great enough, it's worth the additional cost up front. But if you can be patient, you can wait and get the same issue down the line for less.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 08-22-2018 at 10:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Sentry, wish I would say I was surprised. Conceptually I like the character but folks just don't want to seem to give him a shot.
    I think it's just a matter of people only having so much money to spend.

I liked the first issue of Sentry but I can only keep up with so many titles and Sentry was just an easy cut to make.

Maybe he'll show up again elsewhere eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    I hope that Fantastix character has ties to Flatman
    He doesn't. He's just another character with the same powers, called 2-D.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman